[2.3]Doryani's Touch - Lightning Ice Crash [Elementalist]

Hello everyone!
This is a build I thought of two weeks before Prophecy launch and have made both a life and ES version of.
This is my first guide and it uses colors to easier show important parts of the build.

I RECOMMEND THE ENERGY SHIELD VERSION OF THIS BUILD

This build is made around using Doryani's Fist.

Why would you use Doryani's Fist?

Well I'll tell you!

The combination of Doryani's Fist, Elementalist Ascendancy and Ice Crash is what got me hooked!

Pros:
- Great Life/ES regen
- 100% Lightning damage
- Free 25% Lightning Penetration
- Free 25% inc aoe
- Free 100% increased elemental damage
- Will be able to handle Reflect easily in 2.3
- Not very gear dependant
- Can level as spellcaster
- Looks Cool

Cons:
- Needs 4+ Ascendancy points to shine
- Can be hard to fit Blood rage
- Can't use Doryani's Fist until lvl 63

Here is how it works!

Doryani's Fist uses Lightning Damage to Attacks while Unarmed.
Mastermind of Discord gives us 25% Lightning Penetration if we've used a Cold skill in the past 10 seconds.
This gives us 25% free Lightning pen by just using our main skill Ice Crash!

But why would we run an Elementalist for penetration when we can make an Inquisitor to ignore all elemental resists?
While unarmed, we have 0% base crit chance and Inquisitor requires us to crit to ignore all elemental resists.

Pendulum of Destruction gives us 100% elemental Damage for 4 seconds every 10 seconds.
In the 2.3 update it will also give a whopping 25% increased Radius of Area Skills for 4 seconds every 10 seconds as well!

Now that is just 4 ascendancy points used and we still have another 4 to go!

The Merciless lab will give us Paragon of Calamity which as also received a buff in 2.3.

Paragon of Calamity has gained the 50% reduced Reflected Elemental Damage taken.
This will hopefully eliminate the need of running Purity of Lightning to combat reflect damage.

Passive skill tree
I have only played the Life/Hybrid based tree but I feel the Energy Shield based tree will work better.

Gems
Gems to link Ice Crash with

4-Link setup for Ice Crash would be

I have been experimenting to see if Innervate is better than Elemental Focus due to Shock and it feels like I clear faster with Innervate. Possibility to switch them on bosses.
Note!! DO NOT mix Innervate and Elemental Focus as they will not work together

To move around quickly we use Shield Charge and Lightning Warp.
In 2.3 Shield Charge will be able to hit all targets in its path in addition to a big AoE at the end so it will be a good idea to link it with Fortify.

Mana reservation gems to use would be

All gems on Life Character

ES should always use Discipline

Defences in this build are pure ES/Life and regeneration in combination with the Fortify gem and flasks.

No leech?
I like to rely on Regeneration and the use of Enduring Cry but if you would like leech, here are some suggestions.
Life: If you can get hold of a Doryani's Invitation, use the life leech gem or get a corrupted amulet with lightning leech

Energy Shield: You can adjust the tree with 3 points to get Ghost Reaver if you want to use Doryani's Invitation, life leech gem or that lucky amulet corruption.

Leech can also be granted by using the Dyadian Dawn Unique Belt that provides the affix;
"0.6% of Attack Damage Leeched as Life against Chilled enemies ".
The combination of this belt and Arctic Armour can provide some leech to your arsenal.

Gearing is very important!

First of all, since we're using Doryani's Fist we are losing out on a weapon slot so say goodbye to those Gem slots!
- We get so much offensive power from Elementalist, we don't need a lot of offensive stats.
- Since we take Resolute Technique, Accuracy will not be needed on any piece of gear.
- Rings and Amulets will not need phys damage or accuracy and will most likely be cheaper.
- Boots will need high Movementspeed as we mostly run/Shield Charge/Lightning Warp to get around.
- You can use 4link gear and still be strong as heck.
- Maligaro's Restraint

and Doryani's Invitation

can both be used BUT a RARE belt such as

will probably be more useful.

Life/hybrid

Current gear Life/Hybrid lvl 73

In the life/hybrid based build I opted to go for Devoto's Devotion which provides us with some chaos resistance and movement speed but best of all a high ammount of dexterity for our Faster Attacks gem and also 16% attackspeed from the item itself.

Energy Shield
Energy Shield Gear
Energy Shield based builds will need to use a high ES items for survivability.
Examples

As it may be difficult to get a high ES chest and you may not have taken Zealot's Oath yet, Geofri's Sanctuary is a great option as it provides all res, a decent amount of ES and the Zealot's Oath Keystone.

BANDITS

For Life you would probably go:
HP - Attspeed - Frenzy/End charge or Skillpoint.
For Energy Shield you would probably go:
Skillpoint - Attspeed - Frenzy/end charge or Skillpoint.

Videos
I have no plan on making videos of this build until Prophecy.

Elementalist
Last edited by blackmoon3 on Jun 1, 2016, 12:04:08 PM
Last bumped on Aug 17, 2016, 7:16:08 AM
Reserved for edits.

Updates

Edit1 - Added bandits.
Edit2 - Added clarification of defences.
Edit3 - Added colors and clarifications.
Edit4 - Added more clarifications.
Edit5 - Added better life passive tree.
Edit6 - Improved earlier points in the guide and added suggestions of leveling trees.
Edit7 - Added movement skills to Gem category.
Last edited by blackmoon3 on May 27, 2016, 12:11:18 PM
Later on u may find some difficulties since your only defense is kill them before they kill u. No armour/block to mitigate some damage. Consider using life leech / lightning coil/ fortify.
Video of T10+?
elemental focus and innervate? you cant shock with ele focus
Sp00ky scary skeltal
Honestly, I like the idea, specially the cold skill lightning penetration and stuff, but the build has some flaws. First of all, in your tree, if you're making a life build, NOT HYBRID, it makes no sense to take es nodes, they're a complete waste of points. Unnatural calm, the 5 es nodes at the witch start, the Faith and Steel is decent but not worth it imo. Also, your pathing to the life wheel should probably come from the left side of the tree, since it gives you a 1 point jewel socket, unless you wanna pick us skittering runes (which you should in case you're running blasphemy curses). Hell, I'd drop shadow completely and go for marauder instead. I've sketched something from what you had, same life, 1 less node, 130% ~ more armour, a lil less aspd and 20% less ele dmg? (from trickery and coordination)

Secondly, your gear is a complete mess. If you're going life you're not using rainbowstrides and why an armour/es chestpiece and why RoTP? I mean, I guess if you have nothing better that works but it's easy, and I mean REALLY easy to get better gear (all 3 pieces I mentioned) for like probably 5c in a temporary league.

If you're going CI, I guess Geoffri's can be decent if again, you have nothing else? but a 600ES chest with some shitty res shouldn't be hard to come by.
In your tree, getting growth and decay for regen... You can if you want to but I feel there's much better stuff to get instead (curse effectiveness, ES nodes, etc). Also the precision cluster is just flat out bad since you're RT.

Some of these are minor things but others I'd consider pretty important, such as the life tree changes and the life gear, other than that, I like the idea, hopefully you get some vids up and running, gl bro :)
Quote of Nepli
"
Nepli wrote:
Honestly, I like the idea, specially the cold skill lightning penetration and stuff, but the build has some flaws. First of all, in your tree, if you're making a life build, NOT HYBRID, it makes no sense to take es nodes, they're a complete waste of points. Unnatural calm, the 5 es nodes at the witch start, the Faith and Steel is decent but not worth it imo. Also, your pathing to the life wheel should probably come from the left side of the tree, since it gives you a 1 point jewel socket, unless you wanna pick us skittering runes (which you should in case you're running blasphemy curses). Hell, I'd drop shadow completely and go for marauder instead. I've sketched something from what you had, same life, 1 less node, 130% ~ more armour, a lil less aspd and 20% less ele dmg? (from trickery and coordination)

Secondly, your gear is a complete mess. If you're going life you're not using rainbowstrides and why an armour/es chestpiece and why RoTP? I mean, I guess if you have nothing better that works but it's easy, and I mean REALLY easy to get better gear (all 3 pieces I mentioned) for like probably 5c in a temporary league.

If you're going CI, I guess Geoffri's can be decent if again, you have nothing else? but a 600ES chest with some shitty res shouldn't be hard to come by.
In your tree, getting growth and decay for regen... You can if you want to but I feel there's much better stuff to get instead (curse effectiveness, ES nodes, etc). Also the precision cluster is just flat out bad since you're RT.

Some of these are minor things but others I'd consider pretty important, such as the life tree changes and the life gear, other than that, I like the idea, hopefully you get some vids up and running, gl bro :)

Thanks for writing this.

The Life part of the build was more of a first draft and the build for life provides a lot better defence but has less dexterity (Needed for faster attacks) but is overall better. With your permission I would like to add it to the list.

The gear shown was scrapped from what I had in my stash and a few trades from the lonely souls that actually were online, so it was in my opinion as well: a collection of bad gear.

I will be running the ES version as my first character in Prophecy and will record it as much as my HDD can hold.
Last edited by blackmoon3 on May 26, 2016, 7:47:44 PM
"
blackmoon3 wrote:
Quote of Nepli
"
Nepli wrote:

Thanks for writing this.

The Life part of the build was more of a first draft and the build for life provides a lot better defence but has less dexterity (Needed for faster attacks) but is overall better. With your permission I would like to add it to the list.

The gear shown was scrapped from what I had in my stash and a few trades from the lonely souls that actually were online, so it was in my opinion as well: a collection of bad gear.

I will be running the ES version as my first character in Prophecy and will record it as much as my HDD can hold.

No problem at all, feel free to use it :)
Hope to see how it turns out!
Wow. This is bloody ridiculous. And no I'm not dissing your build, nor am I accusing you of anything but...
What the hell, I did this in mid Perandus, I was thinking about doing a guide, was gonna call it Daughter of Dominus - Dominette tho... I'm glad you did this =)
I might try my versions again in Prophecy with the buffs, while it was doable before, it didn't feel quite right in survivability, then again, might be my equips... And gods, the skill gems, who would've thought 3 slots would've made such a difference...
I was using Doryani's Invitation (meh rolls on damage, but it was cheap), and I was thinking of rolling a Hyrri's Bite corrupted with Lightning... Damage or was it Leech? But I couldn't fix my Resists...
Was trying also to do run a Hybrid with aura on Life and high Chaos Res, rather than Shav or Solaris, so itemizing was hell. But it was fun...

Anyways, pre-buff I found out that getting too much attack speed is very... not that useful.
I grabbed the big one in the Shadow, and maybe the one near Scion plus faster attacks gem...
And on the topic of Innervate, I'd recommend removing it... Like I said, Attack Speed sounds cooler than it actually is, at least for me, I got very little DPS increase when on Onslaught.
I was using Ice Crash / Conc Effect / Added Lightning Damage / Lightning Pen / Faster Attacks / Increased AoE (or whatever, didn't have a 6L, so didn't really think about this one)
Conc Effect seems to work on Elemental Damage since it multiplies the total value of your damage I think, Lightning Pen is just obv, Faster Attacks too it makes it feel playable, since you're melee you need to move a bit from dangerous hits, such as a smash, or explosions, Inc AoE was there since I was using Conc Effect, not needed, but useful to hit more on a pack, I personally was fine with the AoE nodes + Conc Effect.

I had Flame Dash / Faster Casting since Shield Charge was garbo.
Blasphemy / Conductivity /
Herald of Thunder / Curse on Hit / Warlords Mark
That was the meat of it I believe, Wrath and Discipline are obvious. Blood Magic on one of them, I didn't try this with a Prismatic Guardian so IDK how that would go. But you want ES from shield and resists...
Vaal Discipline also worth mentioning.
Once the Lightning Golem was announced I was considering switching over to it, and getting the Golem Node, but I ended up not doing it, if you get the Golem Node, then make sure to have it at lvl 20 with Minion Life and keep it summoned, and use a Lightning Golem.
Otherwise go for Shaper of Desolation or Paragon of Calamity (now buffed seems pretty mandatory).
But anyways, like I said, don't get so much AtkSpeed, and drop the Innervate.
With my setup I had about... 99% Lightning Pen on anyone not Curse Immune. Around 18ishK DPS on Ice Crash?(Not sure about the number).
And about 30% Chance to shock to anything Curseable.

Anyways, I concluded it wasn't strong enough to run higher tiered maps (lvl 78 was what I was before I stopped).
Let's see how it goes with the buffs.

Maybe I'll release a guide too, but then again, it might make me seems like a copycat D:

Cheers mate, I'm glad someone else thought of the Witch as a Melee Dominus badass of badassery.
If only GGG Added "The Touch of God" *^*
Can we get a vid please?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info