[2.2] [MF] "Spear Me" Crit Ice Spear

This is my first build post.

Intro + Some Stats
Spoiler

Hello, Thanks for looking at my build since I put a lot of work into trying to make it work and to me it seems that it has. Note that I haven't yet played it so I wont be able to test its late game damage but I will update as soon as possible.

Skill Tree
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAN-w34pretQH6QLIv9yNS65GUhsl_EzZW20ZLYsRUCL0H8c1uWwLK3inK5MnLJy-in_G74hTNQVCEFihL6KjwcX5N1BCQZavm1F0D8TsGNfPjDaus9D1juk7fI_6LL9JsYnTTLOmmbjK8NXQ0Ov1FddwUkV-0B8gbklRRwZfasMJhq4qCw5c7-tQMPLh2-e5k1ZjXfJq-tteY0NsCLTF8h0rChEP8YoM8sLsES8DHqyYpcsqWx9B99d0VXn2hEiboV8qQzZca-L3GGpS7MNtAW94L4t6fOVYBxekEzVcig==

Gear
Spoiler

Dagger: Spell Damage -> Critical Strike Multiplier -> Resistance

Shield: ES -> Spell Damage -> Mana -> Resistance

Helm: ES -> Resistance -> Item Rarity (Get Item Rarity if you can)

Chest: ES -> Resistance (Stack as much ES as possible, get resistance if you need)

Gloves: ES -> Resistance -> Item Rarity (Stack as much ES as possible, res. and if you want grab some increased rarity)

Boots: ES -> Resistance -> Movement Speed -> Item Rarity (Stack as much ES as possible, resistance and 30% movement speed is great otherwise make sure it is at least 25% also you can grab rarity if you can fit it in)

Belt: "Chain Belt" with... Resistance -> ES (Try and stack as much resistance on here as possible

Amulet: "Onyx Amulet" or "Jade Amulet" or "Amber Amulet" with...ES -> Increased Rarity -> Spell Damage -> Attributes you may need (Try and get rarity on here as it does help)

Ring: 2x "Gold Rings" with... Resistance -> Item Rarity (Rarity helps a bunch here so make sure the bases are both 12%-15%)

Useful unique's for leveling
Spoiler

2x Life Sprig for extra spell damage and the +1

Tabula Rasa for extra damage

Goldrim for resistance

Wanderlust for movement speed and "cannot be frozen"

Doedre's Tenure for damage

Link's
Spoiler

Added In order of importance...

Chest- Ice Spear-> Greater Multiple Projectiles -> Spell Echo -> Cold Penetration -> Increased Critical Damage -> Hypothermia

Helm- Herald of Thunder -> Curse on Hit -> Assassins Mark -> Temporal Chains

Gloves- Cast when damage taken (level 7) -> Arctic Breath (level 10) -> Greater Multiple Projectiles -> Blind

Boots- Discipline -> Herald of Ice -> Vaal Haste -> Haste Vaal -> Increased Duration

Dagger- Whirling Blades -> Faster Attacks -> Fortify

Shield- Summon Ice Golem -> Faster Casting -> Minion Life

If you have any questions about the build please leave them in the comments! Thanks!
Last edited by PersistenceTV on May 26, 2016, 4:37:23 PM
Last bumped on May 25, 2016, 5:10:54 PM
Arcane Vision is for low life builds. Never take it with CI as you are always on full life (or dead).

Why recommending faster projectiles as wand mod? Unlike freezing pulse, ice spear's damage doesn't diminish over distance (and the projectiles are fast enough and already travel off screen). For a crit build you want a dagger here (which also allows you to use whirling blades - fortify).

Amulet: you may want the eye of chayula here for stun immunity. Practical Application ain't enough to prevent stun lock.

Spell echo is always better than faster casting and mandatory for most casters.
As ice spear's second form already has a high crit chance, it probably is more beneficial to use a support with a more mutiplier (hypothermia, pirce, controlled destruction) instead of increased critical strikes.

You can't use totems and arctic armour with cwdt.

Herald of ash works only on physical damage (which you don't have) and the overkill damage is triggered by attacks (which you don't use; you use a spell). You may want to use herald of ice instead.
"
Bada_Bing wrote:
Arcane Vision is for low life builds. Never take it with CI as you are always on full life (or dead).

Why recommending faster projectiles as wand mod? Unlike freezing pulse, ice spear's damage doesn't diminish over distance (and the projectiles are fast enough and already travel off screen). For a crit build you want a dagger here (which also allows you to use whirling blades - fortify).

Amulet: you may want the eye of chayula here for stun immunity. Practical Application ain't enough to prevent stun lock.

Spell echo is always better than faster casting and mandatory for most casters.
As ice spear's second form already has a high crit chance, it probably is more beneficial to use a support with a more mutiplier (hypothermia, pirce, controlled destruction) instead of increased critical strikes.

You can't use totems and arctic armour with cwdt.

Herald of ash works only on physical damage (which you don't have) and the overkill damage is triggered by attacks (which you don't use; you use a spell). You may want to use herald of ice instead.

Thanks a bunch for input I will edit :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info