Got scammerinoed | can you help?

Hello,

First of all I understand that I'm a dumb trusting idiot who is at fault for getting scammerinoed here.

I just want to know whether something can be done to recover the items from the dude and/or just get him punished somehow?

This is what happened:

I was asking in global/trade for multimod service as I had just crafted a nice wand with top tier crit and lightning damage.[Removed by Support] messaged me and we got in a party, then we discussed the costs and the tip and I traded him the items. He left and added me on ignore. Chat history will confirm all this is true 100%. I'm sure you guys have logs of these things.

Let me know if you can do something here.
Last edited by Nichelle_GGG on May 24, 2016, 2:56:41 PM
Last bumped on May 25, 2016, 9:22:30 AM
Nothing can be done. Also not sure if you're allowed to name the person here.

Entrusting a random person with your item wasn't smart. Much safer to search the forums for people offering lvl 8 master services.
its dumb youre not supposed to name people
REALLY DUMB

A. naming people: people might be warned

B. not naming people: offensive douche qq's ( i mean big deal, some random internet moniker is "shamed" for being a douche .. WHO CARES!!! only a crybaby)
Last edited by CaoMengde on May 24, 2016, 12:30:38 PM
"
CaoMengde wrote:
its dumb youre not supposed to name people
REALLY DUMB

A. naming people: people might be warned

B. not naming people: offensive douche qq's ( i mean big deal, some random internet moniker is "shamed" for being a douche .. WHO CARES!!! only a crybaby)

... and like , i dont get when people, like say mod makers for some other games, they care about "credit" for their random internet moniker "please credit asas2232455ff or else"

It was explained multiple times why that's the policy. Essentially it's to stop false accusations/bulling. Which will happen if naming and shaming would be allowed.

OP: you should take this matter with a support. Message them, send logs or whatever other proof you have and hope for retribution (but don't hope too hard). Not much else you can do.
That's rough :(

Usually I try to help with multimod (if Standard), but always safer to find a forum regular or a thread with vouches imo.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
You can't get your items back. The reason is because if they did give items back, everybody else would expect it too whenever something happened to them. They don't have time to be everybody's nanny.

But GGG don't like scammers so they might ban them or something, especially if the person is scamming other people too.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Has GGG banned a single person for scamming?
Nope, cuz Wraeclast free-for-all, etc.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
They dont do anything. Nextime go to forums and get someone with good refs.

I'm not a trusting person so even then if it's over 1ex i'm not letting them craft. I'll wait for a guildy.
Git R Dun!
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Has GGG banned a single person for scamming?

There was a thread a while ago where someone said they were deliberately scamming people because they thought it was allowed, but then GGG banned them and they were surprised.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info