Star of Wraeclast - An insight to how vendor recipie items roll stats

I wanted to make a Star of Wraeclast today but when i went to complete it I noticed the rolls were pretty crap on the one I was about to hand in.

This made me think If I hand this in on another character will the stats be different? I tried that and the stats were identical (I also tried different vendors). This instantly told me something , the vendor was not rolling the stats when I went to vendor them they were pre detirmed based on what I was handing in.

--Brief Explination--
TO clarify, as the neck is corrupt you can see the stats before you accept the trade, you can put different amulets\rings in the window and see what the result will be. log in a few alts, go to towns get some onyx amulets and see for yourself, get a couple rings for more combinations. Good luck making a perfect star!

Also, if i had a ring\amulet\lightning warp that when i went to trade it showed i was goign to get a perfect star, i could hand those items to another player and he would see the same result when he went to trade it. The system is using the id of the items as some sort of seed to generate the stats.

--------------

Results:
Quite a bit of testing later I have come to the following conclusion, each item has a ID number of sorts or unique ID if you will In this case a combination of the three ID's (ring, neck, LW) are used to calculate the rolls on the result you will be given. The stats, iLVL and rarity of the item do not matter, the ID of the item stays the same so the result will be the same.

I only tested with 1 LW but its highly likley that its ID is also used, I just only had one of them so could not confirm this

This system is similar to using a seed in minecraft to make a map, if two people use the same seed they get the same map, the game use's the 3 item id's as the seed it does not randomly generate the unique.

Testing
In inital testing I was just looking for a perfect or as near perfect Star of Wraeclast as possible with 20+ amulets and 3 rings in hand I started testing.

Rather than bore people with a page of different screen shots in short every combination had a set result based on the combination you put in. Qualty of rolls\ilvl of the rolls on the ring and amulet made no difference but each combination had a different but static outcome.

This made me decide that the back end is likley using some sort of item id as the semi random seed that results in the stats of the item you get out of the craft. Normally items come unidentified but in this case we can see the stats before we accept so its easier to test.

To see if the ID of an item can be changed I did a simple test:
A) check a single amulet against 3 different rings
b) compare to the same rings after modifying the amulet
(if crafting \ modifying the item changes its ID then the outcome of the vendor recipe should change)
c) I alc'ed the neck several times changing its stats, but when i used it in the recipe with the same ring the star i was going to be sold had the same stats. (the stats dont matter the system is using a item id to seed the stats, you cant just alteration a neck to get different results)

Link if it gets cropped

http://i.imgur.com/ZUJTL29
http://tinyurl.com/z7dud8a

Conclusion:
If you want a perfect star of wraeclast you are going to need 20+ onix amulets and 4+ rings, I would shoot for 30 and 5.

So far I have only found one that was pretty close (i feel the cold damage is the most important stat, but im still looking for something better)

I also found it interesting knowing that when you hand in these sort of items the stats are decided based on what you hand in, It is random to some extent but the items you hand in are the seed that dictates the result of the recipe. In the same way if two people put in the same seed in minecraft they will get the same map, any two (in this case) item seeds are combined to give you a unique result

I can not think of many applications for this knowledge other than getting perfect vendore recipe corrupted items , but its worth putting out there.

note: I was unfortunately unable to test if the level 20 corrupted lightning warp has its on item ID, I would think its fairly likley , every item in the game probally has a unique ID that is used to keep track of them and for things like this. If someone has a lvl 20 corrupt lightning warp I can borrow I will test and update the post.

-

Anway, slightly random post , Hope some people find it of some mild interest.

Regards

Colwyn
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Last edited by colwyn on May 24, 2016, 2:50:36 AM
Last bumped on May 24, 2016, 4:08:02 AM
I've already started amassing amulets to use~

Gonna be a while before I get my Lightning Warp to level 20... that's assuming I don't brick it either. Level 19-20 is just the worst.
To Zephryl
If you don't want to risk to become lv19/21 when vaaling a lv 20 lightning warp
You should vaal it at lv 19, so you either get 18/19/20 gem/vaal ligntnign warp, which is not that hurt even you get 18 /vaal ligntnign warp.
You can just buy lv 19 one which is not that expensive
Last edited by martincyc on May 23, 2016, 11:39:52 PM

Well this is close enough for now , out of a full tab it was the best one , i chose perfect all resisit at the cost of 1% cold, ill source another lw

If anyone feels like tipping some c and provide their mats for a neck i have half a tab of rings and necks though going through the combinations takes like a whiiiiiile (if it took like 10sec to look through id do it for free)

the movement skill is good but yeah it could use 2-3 charges , its very short animation basically instant and could be usefull if it was more than 1 charge.
Whatever army I have, I'll lead against them...
...until I've won or I'm dead.
• Level 38 VS The World • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1929461
• Crafting Service • https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2451155
Last edited by colwyn on May 24, 2016, 12:40:03 AM
Hrm, fair point. I have a level 19 one I can Vaal once an orb drops for me. Typical that right after I give all my Vaal's to a friend I need them again haha.

I still think it should cast Temporal Chains in an area where you arrive. It's what it seems to do when the skill is used by the Unique Map Boss, and then it won't be a pure movement skill so the long cooldown would actually be warranted.
So in order to get top rolls I'd have to vendor 30 Amulets, 5 Rings and the Gem?
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
"
MajorThor wrote:
So in order to get top rolls I'd have to vendor 30 Amulets, 5 Rings and the Gem?

You swap the rings/amulets in and out. You can see the results you'll get before you accept, and it's based on what you're putting in. So, you just try different rings and amulets until you get the rolls you're happy with, and then vendor those ones.

It just takes that big a pool to reliably get max, or close to, rolls. But like anything, it's also RNG based, you might get max rolls your first attempt and not need to sit there cycling things in and out.
Now we're getting somewhere! Did you make all of those Stars, or were those simply "potentials" that were in the vendor screen?
Hail Thor-show thy might, Let thunder roar and lightning strike! Hurl thy hammer into the fray, And let thine enemies know fear this day!
"
MajorThor wrote:
Now we're getting somewhere! Did you make all of those Stars, or were those simply "potentials" that were in the vendor screen?

Can see the vendor window slightly through the screenshots, so I'd assume they are all potential ones (Besides the one he linked to a later post, which he actually crafted)
Right on. Kinda thinking about making one for my Glacial Hammer/Ice Crashing Mara. Wonder how much of a DPS boost or decrease it would be switching from a Carnage Heart to the Star.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info