Ball lightning with PCoC generating multiple charges per cast

Hi GGG team,

I have noticed a bug in power charge generation when using ball lightning in combination with power charge on crit (PCoC):

- If you cast ball lighting once, roll a crit and successfully roll PCoC, you then generate 1 power charge regardless of however many targets you hit (which I believe is the intended behaviour).
- If you cast ball lightning twice (not sure about echo, I did two independent casts), roll a crit both times, you generate >2 power charges, depending on how many targets you hit and successfully roll PCoC. This I suspect is unintended behaviour, as I would expect that you should only generate two charges, one for each cast.

If it is intended behaviour, could you please explain how and why?

Bug report reference number 1,142,703,886.

Thanks,
AgingWarden
Last edited by AgingWarden on May 22, 2016, 3:03:47 AM
Last bumped on May 23, 2016, 9:23:42 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Bastard! I didn't tell you about this so that you could submit it!

Just kidding man

I think the limit of one charge per cast works only for the last projectiles you fired. Since BL is slow, the initial volley having a restriction of only being able to generate one charge is lifted as soon as the second volley is fired. The initial volley is now free to generate charges for as long as it still exists.
Last edited by Supernaut6 on May 22, 2016, 5:15:58 PM
Can confirm. Tested with Romira ring too. Gives multiple charges per cast too if you cast atleast twice.. now I understand why they recommended BL with mjölner, lol.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info