Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Question about Char Wipe

At the last wipe with the release of 0.9.5, all chars are set to legacy, and the stash of (my) account wandered with them. What will happen with my (now) two stashes, if with a later patch another wipe will come? Is the "old" legacy lost, or will it be "split" into two different leagues, or what else?
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I believe they said no actual characters will be wiped until the open beta, they will just be moved into different leagues.
I'd like to know if beta members will be able to keep their character names, that way they won't potentially be lost when it goes to open beta?
"
Pu1pFriction wrote:
I believe they said no actual characters will be wiped until the open beta, they will just be moved into different leagues.

thats what I want to know; will the next chars which are moved to legacy be separated from the former legacy league?
--
"
stiffler wrote:
I'd like to know if beta members will be able to keep their character names, that way they won't potentially be lost when it goes to open beta?

Do you mean, at release? I expect it to be two different things generally, so if the beta would stay playable after finishing (what I dont expect) - the namespaces should be completely independent from each other.
Be happy, if you keep your account - and be quick while creating your new chars, I'd say ;)
--
anyway, i'm a little tired of starting over and over even if it's beta so i'll probably take a break from the game
i wondered the same,
but was under the impression that atleast one more legacy-switch was planned just to test it.

Can some1 link/confirm that there are no more switchs during closed beta ?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcKqhDFhNHI
Last edited by Lachdanan on Jan 13, 2012, 6:19:47 AM
"
Darkfyre wrote:
anyway, i'm a little tired of starting over and over even if it's beta so i'll probably take a break from the game

its your own decision. but, at least until the real release, they offered to keep all chars "alive" to be further playable in that legacy league.
--
I'm fairly sure the intended functionality is to merge everything current, into Legacy, at each point. So your current stuff will be moved to the current Legacy.

Chris just answered what happens to the 2 stashes here. Read-only stash pages.

I'm pretty sure i read somewhere official that current character names are reserved for release. This would imply that GGG doesn't expect to create a clear divide between "beta" and "release". I.e. my impression is that Legacy for all intents and purposes will be 0.9.3+ Path of Exile, into post-release. Barring any catastrophic situation that would require a wipe.

This thread from 2010 is also a good read.
Necropolis: 95
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
so they add temporarily additional stash pages from which you can only get stuff out, good to know.

and also good aspect, that the engine gives the option to add more pages in general... with all that variety of possibilities its way too small, even now ;)

I just wouldnt have space for a unique if I would found one! :-O
--

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info