Are there any full build posts?

I realize we're in beta, and the devs probably want us to test out a whole variety of builds. However, I really don't enjoy theorycrafting.

I played D2 and WoW extensively, and always enjoyed trying out builds that other people posted. Once I mastered the game, I would then tweak or even come up with my own mods.

In this game - it is overwhelming to try and plan out a build with little documentation and no play experience - the solution to develop several characters in order to get one that works is a bit time consuming.

Is there a collection of detailed builds that have been posted here?

I'd like to see:

* Class
* Passive Skills (preferably the order they were gotten)
* Gems
* Equipment
* Play Description

If this information already exists in an organized fashion, I'm just not seeing it. If it does not exist, why not?
IGN: Robin_Hudd
Same here would be fun to do\see this kind of things...

btw im happy to see your feedback :) dont know if you remember me
Most info is just common knowledge gathered through various threads on the forums and in-game chat. There have been dedicated posts about builds in the past, but the skill tree in constant motion. What might be true today may not be true tomorrow. That's why you don't see any dedicated threads at the moment, because the game is constantly being rebalanced.

Sareth had a nice Endurance/Frenzy Charge build. It may be obsolete now, not sure.

Two of the very detailed builds I have seen:

http://roberth.org/PoE/PoE%20AxeM%20Guide.htm

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/15796

Currently what stops there being more builds like that:

1) Lack of good tools for displaying passive choices.

2) Rapid mechanical changes

3) Importance of gear to a build, and the variance between otherwise similar gear.

The first will change, we will add tools on this site, and once we are out of closed beta we will be much more supportive of other people making tools.

The rate of change mechanics will drop, but will never entirely go away. When we look at free-to-play games that are successful, they don't stop balancing, and tend to have a reasonable fluid metagame. Weekly patches, forever, is quite possible.

Gear will always have that variance, and is an important part of a character. However, as the games economy and balance matures, there will probably be more community concept of what kind of gear characters should work towards to support certain builds.

A beta, to a certain degree, attracts players who want to make builds. As our player base grows I expect the demand for build templates will increase, and we'll have more players who will look for builds before they begin play, or shortly afterwards, so it is definitely a play style we have to mindful of as we work on the game.

"
Qarl wrote:
Weekly patches, forever, is quite possible.

This statement makes me happy haha

"
Mitch420 wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:
Weekly patches, forever, is quite possible.

This statement makes me happy haha

Agreed, constant updates and added content is always awesome in F2P games!
Of course I remember you, Yaniv - you were my ticket into this game, and I very much appreciate it.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone!
IGN: Robin_Hudd

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info