0 max charges: some weird interactions

When you have 3 Pacifism Jewels, your max Frenzy charges becomes 0 (if it was 3 before).

The line that normally says "Frenzy Charges: 0/3" in your character sheet disappears entirely.

You count as being on no Frenzy Charges. (eg: for the bonus damage of Daresso's passion):
Daresso's Passion

You also count as being on full Frenzy charges. (eg: for the Ascendant's Raider node which gives you Onslaught when on full Frenzy charges.)

When you gain a Frenzy Charge (eg: From Daresso's Passion), it gives you the Frenzy charge indicator in your buff bar at the top, and counts down until the charges expire just like normal; except it says you have 0 charges. So it's like you actively have 0 Frenzy Charges, instead of just passively having 0 charges. This has no bearing on the above effects.

I imagine it works the same way for Endurance Charges.

----------

The Rashkaldor's Patience Amulet says you "cannot gain Power Charges":

What it actually does is set your maximum power charges to 0. (So it has the same behaviours as above. Gaining a power charge just gives you the countdown timer with 0 charges, for eg. And the line that normally says "Power Charges: 0/3" in your character sheet disappears)
So it's basically like you equipped enough 'Powerlessness' Jewels to get 0 max charges.

If you equip it when you already have Power Charges, you don't lose them but cannot refresh your timer until they expire.

You get a really odd interaction if you also equip Malachai's Loop. Malachai's Loop says:
"Lose all Power Charges on reaching Maximum Power Charges
Shocks you for 4 seconds on reaching Maximum Power Charges"
Malachai's Loop

The +2 to maximum power charges has no effect when you have Rashkaldor's Patience equipped; but you would need 5 Powerlessness Jewels instead of 3 if you wanted to use those instead.

If you gain a power charge, then (just like for Frenzy Charges) you get the countdown timer for your 0 power charges to expire. You don't get shocked.

If you gain another power charge while your 0 charges haven't expired yet (so the countdown and icon are still showing in the buff bar), then it removes the Power charge countdown icon and shocks you.

So this means that you only count as 'reaching' maximum power charges if you 'actively' have 0 charges already.

Using this, you can reliably shock yourself every 2nd time you would normally gain a power charge.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
Last edited by dudiobugtron on May 18, 2016, 9:08:02 AM
Last bumped on May 18, 2016, 10:59:16 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:

Using this, you can reliably shock yourself every 2nd time you would normally gain a power charge.

Oh, joy! :D

Apart from that, an interesting read.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:18:11 PM
Daresso passion damage bonus should be global, so you could fake dual wield and use Earthquake
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:18:55 PM
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
If you gain a power charge, then (just like for Frenzy Charges) you get the countdown timer for your 0 power charges to expire. You don't get shocked.

If you gain another power charge while your 0 charges haven't expired yet (so the countdown and icon are still showing in the buff bar), then it removes the Power charge countdown icon and shocks you.

I think there was some dev post recently about that 0 charge counter, maybe it will be fixed soon and these items will hopefully work the way they should.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
"
adghar wrote:
Daresso passion damage bonus should be global, so you could fake dual wield and use Earthquake

Global really? So this could work pretty well for spell casters too.

It's global, but the item itself is not super good as a stat stick, since it's only ~80% damage and 30% crit multi. The best thing about it is that it's generic damage, so it can be used for builds that have trouble scaling, cause of specific damage type (like DD or RF) or for double dipping builds.

Edit: Also nice testing :).
Last edited by PaperRat on May 18, 2016, 2:26:55 PM
That's some impressive research. Well done.
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
When you have 3 Pacifism Jewels, your max Frenzy charges becomes 0 (if it was 3 before).
This is correct.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
The line that normally says "Frenzy Charges: 0/3" in your character sheet disappears entirely.
This is currently correct, but given the proliferation of reasons for people to actually do this, I'm leaning towards saying we should change this so the line is still there. It's still useful to see the information, and those lines provide a useful "divider" between stats for different charges.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
You count as being on no Frenzy Charges. (eg: for the bonus damage of Daresso's passion):
Daresso's Passion
Yep. Not having charges doesn't care about whether you can or not, only whether you do.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
You also count as being on full Frenzy charges. (eg: for the Ascendant's Raider node which gives you Onslaught when on full Frenzy charges.)
Yes. This is also intended.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
When you gain a Frenzy Charge (eg: From Daresso's Passion), it gives you the Frenzy charge indicator in your buff bar at the top, and counts down until the charges expire just like normal; except it says you have 0 charges. So it's like you actively have 0 Frenzy Charges, instead of just passively having 0 charges. This has no bearing on the above effects.
This should not occur (and did not occur in the past, I'm pretty sure. This is a bug and will be fixed. However, it will have no mechanical effect.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
I imagine it works the same way for Endurance Charges.
All three charge types use identical mechanics, so that should be the case, yes.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
The Rashkaldor's Patience Amulet says you "cannot gain Power Charges":

What it actually does is set your maximum power charges to 0. (So it has the same behaviours as above. Gaining a power charge just gives you the countdown timer with 0 charges, for eg. And the line that normally says "Power Charges: 0/3" in your character sheet disappears)
So it's basically like you equipped enough 'Powerlessness' Jewels to get 0 max charges.
This item dates back to a simpler time. There's a solid argument that it should prevent gaining charges without changing the maximum, given that the distinction matters now, but it can also be interpreted the current way. I'll bring this up with the team.
EDIT: Based on initial discussion, our most likely course of action is rewording the stat description to make it more closely describe the current functionality, rather than changing how it works.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
If you equip it when you already have Power Charges, you don't lose them but cannot refresh your timer until they expire.
This is correct (and the same happens if you equip your Pacifism jewels while frenzy charges are up. Charge maximums affect your ability to gain charges, they don't affect current charges.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
You get a really odd interaction if you also equip Malachai's Loop. Malachai's Loop says:
"Lose all Power Charges on reaching Maximum Power Charges
Shocks you for 4 seconds on reaching Maximum Power Charges"
Malachai's Loop

The +2 to maximum power charges has no effect when you have Rashkaldor's Patience equipped; but you would need 5 Powerlessness Jewels instead of 3 if you wanted to use those instead.

This part, as explained above, is a bug.
There's an argument that could be made that equipping Rashkaldor's Patience (or otherwise reducing your maximum charges should trigger "on reaching maximum Power Charges", but it's currently correct that this will not occur. Reaching maximum power charges is considered to mean gaining a charge that brings you to your maximum, not bringing the maximum down to meet the current. Since there are balance concerns around abuse cases if it worked the other way, this is unlikely to change.

"
dudiobugtron wrote:
This should not occur, but will be fixed when the above noted bug is fixed.
Last edited by Mark_GGG on May 18, 2016, 10:00:46 PM
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
dudiobugtron wrote:
This should not occur (and did not occur in the past, I'm pretty sure. This is a bug and will be fixed. However, it will have no mechanical effect.
While you're at it, I've noticed the same thing happening with the "Claws of the Magpie" passive node, on maps where monsters can gain charges. If I try to steal a charge that a monster doesn't have while I don't have any charges myself, I gain 0 charges with the timer and everything. I don't know if it happens consistently, but I have noticed it multiple times. I haven't tested to see if it refreshes my existing charges when I "gain" 0 charges.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
I also encountered that 0 active charges bug a few times while playing a flicker strike build, it can be really confusing.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info