Help with Freeze Pulse Build

Hi all,
After saving up for a long time I've finally managed to afford a 6L pledge.
I also have a spare lvl 70+ templar sitting in standard and i'd was thinking of creating a Freeze pulse templar using the pledge, preferably working in Mana based MOM. Freeze pulse because I used it back ages ago and loved the skill and love shattering enemies.

Was wondering if any opinions on Crit FP Inquisitor but using pledge vs going Noncrit FP Heirophant?

Questions on the Crit Inquisitor, with pledge instead of Wand+Shield with high crit chance on both, is it still sufficiently high crit with ICS gem that its worth going crit, or go with wand + shield but then I would likely be stuck with a 5L chest? Would the defences be enough for Mana based MOM or does it need the node from Heirophant?

I do also have a legacy 5L COD but I am not sure if that is good anymore, could use a 5L rare with high life/resists instead if needed.

Thanks in advance.
Last bumped on May 20, 2016, 3:18:54 PM
I dont know templar builds. I dont think you should focus on crit
with pledge... your missing out on the two items that can drastically
increase crit... wand and shield. but that allows so many more passives
into non crit.

I build glass cannons. my best so far is eva/acrobatic crit fp witch.
with recent improvement in crit strike gem I now use it over crit multi
for a bit more damage, more charges, more flask regeneration and more stuns.

she crits 73.5% of the time. FP can crit like a mofo, but you have to build
for it. use a lot of passives and several key item types.

pledge seems so much easier tho.

the really good crit nodes are in shadow and the border with witch,
a bit of a traverse for a templar.
Hierophant passives are slightly wasted on a 6l 2h build. Divine guidance and sanctuary of thought are extremely good when combined with 100% inc mana from pledge of hands, but the only other passive you can take is illunimated devotion. Pretty hard to take advantage of 20% elemental pen from helm unless you run vaal gems.

Non crit weapon inquisitor may not be optimal, to be sure, but remember that you inquisitors have 100% crit on first hit on enemies (enemies without status effects), and that freezing pulse + ICS has a 7-8% base crit chance, so losing out crit from your weapon/shield isn't that bad. Pledge also gives a 7L, so the damage output is pretty intense to make up for lower crit.

It's fine to travel to the shadow area to pick up crit from templar, most crit inquisitor builds do it anyway, shouldn't be any issue at all. Personally would recommend inquisitor.
With Inquisitor, you should be able to perma-freeze most bosses in the game with FP. Strongly recommended.

I'd do something like
FP--GMP--Crit Strikes--Cont Dest--Pierce--PCoC(--Spell Echo)

Pierce could be a few different things, Crit Multi gem, Faster Projectiles, Faster Casting. PCoC could also be replaced, depending on how you generate power charges (I like having them up all the time guaranteed).
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
Thanks so much for all the help/comments above!
Will try out a Crit inquisitor

This is an outline of my planned passive tree at endgame, will likely grab the smaller health nodes, cast speed, mana and jewel sockets last. Any flaws?

"
Silverthorn90 wrote:
Thanks so much for all the help/comments above!
Will try out a Crit inquisitor

This is an outline of my planned passive tree at endgame, will likely grab the smaller health nodes, cast speed, mana and jewel sockets last. Any flaws?

I think you're getting more damage and crit than you need. I'd also exchange 2 damage nodes to pick up the Sniper cluster, since projectile speed is so good on FP (it increases your damage at range, since FP damage decreases with travel time).
Lastly, I strongly recommend getting the "Chill and Freeze Duration" node and the Heart of Ice cluster. Freeze Duration acts like a More multiplier on your damage specifically for the purposes of freezing things, as well as increasing the maximum duration you can freeze for (it starts at 3s). I'd look to grab that on jewels, too, if you can. life + damage/crit multi/cast speed + freeze duration jewels are perfect for FP.

here's my recommended tree but yours looked fine too imo
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAE8EQ8jtYQKWW6Cce9J8p1WSbnwOvFZo8vAffEuiAJZ0BLPhc8BmmjtFR4KbMtHsOOvuOtiFe3yDmuCFMqcIHNwnL2ZUES1FnY9Gna6PGpBVLJxTUhNx5YsabBo4BUIreF6l-ds26UGWH8dYrn7HJKqus9D1LYsWb0yzbRnjagQH0B8gbr2CCPQi9IPb6-Tv61AwVyvAVGwLVcZfKtte_rO86mpDkyc6WBEPL52-in_GTC0W86EvEZYXVCY8Bx4OSJ8BjjyVLl3yVkrw1SoLKwqeoY_6SVFwUhEvAx4igev1idMfQWSdjDbyHVVLYeImlRa_EFivmwAAAAA=

If you find yourself critting often enough, doing enough damage, and having enough mana, I'd give some thought to the Alchemist cluster, it's just a really good cluster that will make you tankier.
Thank you very much for the further comments and ideas for the passive tree! I focused on crit chance for consistency purposes, and agree that damage is enough currently once I managed to get my ascendency.

Still feel quite squishy with 4.4k life, 1k ES and 1.1k unreserved mana (using Blasphemied warlord's mark and clarity), looking for ways to be tankier, will consider the alchemist cluster. Have already picked up all life nodes, guess the next step would be to get jewel slots with life?

Also is it worth getting either ZO or GR for a way to replenish my 1k ES while using pots for life, or is the benefit minimal?
When I played FP pre-Ascendancy it was as a Ranger and based around flasks, so I mostly used evasion+armour (granite) with Taste of Hate and Rumi's. I did have about 1k ES on top of that. I'd say, if you're feeling squishy with 6.5k EHP, start investing in other defenses. Going dual-curse with enfeeble or temp chains (on cwdt, probably) would be a great start. Getting Alchemist, a flask belt, and upgrading flasks would be another way to go.
Also, I just noticed that on your tree Vaal Pact is only 4 points away. VP is huge for survivability, and you're already running WM curse, I'd pick VP up if at all possible.

On ZO/GR, you could try ZO and see if you like it, I think leech is too valuable to use GR. For my FPer, I just relied on freezes to give my ES time to recharge.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info