[2.4] Wormageddon (crit Herald of ice)

"
can't u go crit templar to ignore 100% res on crit?

Nope. Unfortunately Herald of ice has zero base crit chance, which means you need the assassin to provide 3.5% base crit chance from power charges and the increased critical strikes gem.

Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Last edited by DreamScythe on Sep 2, 2016, 2:54:18 PM
ok also i only have 4k hp, minus ur gloves, idk how u have so much HP. I have to use 2 doedres to proc all the cwdt none of my cwdt is above lv 4 (which is lv 44 gem support).
"
herreppe wrote:
ok also i only have 4k hp, minus ur gloves, idk how u have so much HP. I have to use 2 doedres to proc all the cwdt none of my cwdt is above lv 4 (which is lv 44 gem support).

all my jewels have 5-7% max life on them.

Also all your cwdt should be at a level according to how much damage you take from one doedre's. 4k life isnt enough to proc a lvl 1 cwdt. You will need more levels and im guessing better jewels to obtain high life.
one more thing u mentioned a 6L vortex = infinite flask charges? can u give more detail? I am a bit confused on how that's possible, thanks for your time again.
6l blade vortex allows the build to use Increased Area of Effect gem in addition to the crit/pcharge/inc duration setup.

I noticed immediately that with Increased area of effect on blade vortex, the blades have just enough AoE to always be hitting the worms as I spawn them.

In a nutshell, once you achieve a certain amount of AoE, the blades always hit the worms.
oh ok yea I have the same setup u do in the harvest besides power charge on crit, i have vortex in its place, still cant manage to get unlimited charges, will keep working on it though. Thank you for responding. =)
Hey, I'm really enjoying your build.

I'm playing it on the temp league and it's really fun.

Now I have a problem with the body armor

I'm using a Tabula right now but I saved up 3 ex for myself

I have 2 options

1. 5L Carcass Jack (2ex)

2. 6L Body armor (1ex) + Use the Essence of Hysteria (Basically Alch Orb with guaranteed 10% Area of Effect) (10c) couple of times until I get a good roll

which one do you recommend?

with 6L I get 10% less AOE but I get to keep Added Cold (Or should I take out Hypo?)

with 5L Carcass I get 20% AOE so that's good, and there's the guaranteed life + resist roll.

Thanks!

"
calyce wrote:
Hey, I'm really enjoying your build.

I'm playing it on the temp league and it's really fun.

Now I have a problem with the body armor

I'm using a Tabula right now but I saved up 3 ex for myself

I have 2 options

1. 5L Carcass Jack (2ex)

2. 6L Body armor (1ex) + Use the Essence of Hysteria (Basically Alch Orb with guaranteed 10% Area of Effect) (10c) couple of times until I get a good roll

which one do you recommend?

with 6L I get 10% less AOE but I get to keep Added Cold (Or should I take out Hypo?)

with 5L Carcass I get 20% AOE so that's good, and there's the guaranteed life + resist roll.

Thanks!

Hey, I believe I would go with the 6l body armor. When you buy or make a 5l carcass jack, theres no point in further trying to make it a 6L. It would be better to use the 6l rare (who knows, maybe u will get life and resists too!) - and then work towards a 6l carcass jack later on in the league.
Hi,

I'm about to try this build out. Just finished collecting all the pieces needed for this build.

I do have a few questions, I hope you don't mind answering.

The first one is how do you calculate what level you need your CWDT gems to be. You mentioned it depends on your HP pool. Could you please elaborate? :)

The other question I have is, how crucial is that I get gloves with the Assassin's Mark? I have a 6L Harvest and was going to use PCoC for my power charge generation.

Could Acuity's fit into this build?

My last question is, is this build easy to level? Or should I play another build and switch to this at a later level?

Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon! :)
Last edited by sloth1043 on Sep 10, 2016, 7:57:27 PM
"
sloth1043 wrote:
Hi,

I'm about to try this build out. Just finished collecting all the pieces needed for this build.

I do have a few questions, I hope you don't mind answering.

The first one is how do you calculate what level you need your CWDT gems to be. You mentioned it depends on your HP pool. Could you please elaborate? :)

The other question I have is, how crucial is that I get gloves with the Assassin's Mark? I have a 6L Harvest and was going to use PCoC for my power charge generation.

Could Acuity's fit into this build?

My last question is, is this build easy to level? Or should I play another build and switch to this at a later level?

Thanks, and hope to hear from you soon! :)

Hey, good questions!

1) To find out the minimum life required, I created a no regen map, then used doedre's Elixer and noted the damage. I believe having -60% resist affects this, however its been a while since I checked. Essentially, you want to take enough damage on one use of the elixer so that it casts your cwdt spells.

-That being said, I also wanted to have a more powerful cwdt with stronger spells that is cast every 2 uses of the Elixer. So I took the number I derrived from the no regen map and doubled it. That number would be the damage I would receive from 2 uses of the flask - and I would find a CWDT level that falls UNDER that amount.

2) Assassins mark is not necessary, although it helps for rougher mobs. It's also one more layer for gaining power charges extremely quickly. pCoC is the fastest way to gain charges.

3) Acuity - I dont see any reason to use acuity - the life gained by flasks is far better than any life leech, and reflect is a non issue. Great gloves, just they dont add anything to the build. You may want to consider Rampage gloves.

4) I honestly leveled with pretty much any spell I had available until 50-60. A 4 linked cold spell with enough crit was enough to cause the explosions. Especially with the harvest. You can run the doedre's setup once you achieve enough life so that the Elixer procs a level 1 cwdt on 1 use.

The other way you can level is using Crit HoT / Crit HoI and the Brotherhood ring so that the lightning causes explosions.

Hope this helps!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info