[2.2 - PSC] Mjölner CoC budget build.(Maybe RF as well?)

If you like CoC builds and you want to test the limits of your PC this is your chance.
I've added few videos where you can see "Lite" version of the build and also the freezing screen version of the build.
Note: The "Lite" version can still freeze your screen as you will see on the videos. Also the "Heavy" version isn't the worst you can do. If you really want to destroy your PC you can read down below for the best skill combo to make your PC expload.

Also if you are looking for cheap and extremely easy build that can clear tier 14/15 maps without issue check my Cleave build here: [2.2 - PSC]Gladiator Cleave Block/Dodge build - Budget/Atziri/Tier 14/15 maps down

Pros:
Really FUN to play build
Fairyl cheap. Only Mjölner costed 39c the rest barely costed anything.
Great build for farming currency in lower tier maps(tier 4-5-6-7-8-9-10)
Has the potential to develope it in a RF CoC Mjölner build which would be AWESOME!

Cons:
The cheap version is pretty much a glass cannon in the face of hard hitting bosses/mobs
Quite laggy if you don't use the "Lite" version, but even then there is lag
You have to be careful with the mods. Since it's almost a glass cannon build you need to choose approprite modes and avoid modes that can make even normal mobs oneshot you.
The RF CoC Mjölner version would be quite expensive and requires at least level 86-88 unless you are willing to sacrifice a lot of CoC damage to do it earlier.
Some bosses are really slow to kill without switching to Molten Strike, which if you aren't using a Tabula will be an issue.

Major note: I've added a RF video. Truth be told the performance of RF is rather underwhelming. After testing it out at level 82 I can boldly state that it's pointless to bother with RF before level 95 or so when you will have at least 5-6k hp. Also all gems will need to be max qualitiy, the gear will have to be optimized to the max. Overall deemed NOT WORTH IT!.

Videos

Will add more videos in the future.
Note: Bare in mind that I've recorded this videos while having a stream in the back cause I was listening to some stuff I was interested + was in a Skype conversation, AKA lag can actually be better.
Strand Tier 6 Map - how the build looks like in suitible maps
Dry Peninsula Tier 8 Map - Lite version
Arid Lake Tier 9 Map - You can see the lite version of the build + the heavy version as well here near the end
Bazaar Tier 10 Map - Lite version
Overgrown Ruin Tier 12 Map - Heavy version with 1shot death from the boss :D

Bazaar with Righteous Fire

Leveling Tree

Bandits:
Normal: Help Oak(40hp)
Cruel: Kill all(skill point)
Merciless: Help Alira(1 power charge)

My Ascendancy:
Hierophant
Get Conviction of Power on Normal (don't really need it late game)
Get Pursuit of Faith on Cruel (sick node the only from the Hierophant for the build that's worthwhile)
Get Mana Regeneration, Mana + Mana Regeneration, Area Damage on Cruel (yep we don't get any major 3rd note since we don't benefit from them.)

Note: I had a different idea when I picked Hierophant, but when I realized that Conviction of Power is a rather trashy node I had to change the build a lot. That's why I'm using Assassin's Mark.

RECOMMENDED Ascendancy:
Inquisitor - No RF Version
Get Righteous Providence on Normal
Get Inevitable Judgement on Cruel
Get Instruments of Virtue Or Augury of Penitence on Merciless

Inquisitor - RF Version
Get Sanctify on Normal
Get Pious Path on Cruel
Get Augury of Penitence or Righteous Providence or Instruments of Virtue on Merciless

Note: With Inquisitor it will be quite possible to convert to RF CoC Mjölner a lot earlier due to the extra crit + life regen.

My current tree at level 80
44 Points
59 Points
77 Points
93 Points
111 Points(level 90)
Righteous Fire version 114 Points(can be lower if you remove some dex nodes for example) - For the RF build you will need to use 1 or 2

Also you will obviously need a high res chest, replace the shield with

get some really high res belt, ring. Perhaps change to a high res helm as well with life and replace the boots with The Blood Dance Sharkskin Boots for more Life regen. You can get the "Armour Mastery" node in the Marauder side for 0.5% more life regen.
Also it's highly possible to set the RF build earlier in the levels, but that needs some thinking(AKA remodeling of the tree. Can't do it without testing RF, so for now I'll withhold from doing it).

Note: You can change the leveling tree depending on your gear. You might not need the Dexterity nodes for example or resistance nodes.

Required Gear

The items are self-explanatory, but generally you need the Weapon obviously for the build to work. The gloves give A LOT of damage boost. The Flask helps with survivability.

My Current Gear

You can use

instead of

if you want, but I think that the Extractor Mentis amulet is a better option.

Also you can use a different helm at the higher levels since crit won't be that much of an issue. A good example is The Three Dragons helm. With that helm your lightning spells will freeze the targets instead of shocking them and your fire(Firestorm) will shock them.

For Jewels. Use Jewels that give at the same time Attack Speed with 1 handed melee weapons and maces/shields. As for other stats on the jewels. HP/All Res/Crit are good choices.

Spoiler
Weapon 3 Link "Lite": Arc>Arc>Lightning Penetration
Weapon 3 LInk "Lite": Power charge generator: Arc>Arc>Power Charge on Critical
Weapon 3 Link "Heavy": Arc>Arc>Shock Nova
Weapon 3 Link "Break my PC": Arc>Shock Nova>DISCHARGE
Chest 6 Link "Lite": Lightning Strike>Cast on Critical Strike>Multistrike>Increased Critical Strikes>Arc>Firestorm
Chest 6 Link "Heavy": Lightning Strike>Cast on Critical Strike>Multistrike>Increased Critical Strike>Bladefall>Firestorm
Chest 6 Link "Break my PC": Lightning Strike>Cast on Critical Strike>Multistrike>Frost Nova>Bladefall>Firestorm
Helm 4 Socket 3 Link: Blashpemy>Warlord's Mark>Assassin's Mark + Blood Rage in the spare socket
Helm 4 Socket 3 Link Righteous Fire version: Blashpemy>Warlord's Mark>Purity of Fire. In the 4th socket you can put whatever you want since we won't be using Blood Rage :)
Gloves 4 Link: Cast when Damage Taken level 4> Molten Shell level 12> Immortal Call level 5> Increased Duration level 6
Shield 3 Link: Orb of Storm>Herald of Thunder> Blind
Boots 4 Socket 2 Link: Leap Slam>Faster Attacks, Summon Stone Golem and Ancestral Protector

Note: If you want you can replace the Increased Critical Strikes gem with Chain if you want OR if you want even more lag once you have enough critical strike you can replace it for 1 more spell :D

I'll probably upgrade the guide more when I have the time to play and develope the character a bit more. I believe that the RF version is quite viable and the damage will be quite nice + the survivability will be quite good, but it will be rather expensive.
Last edited by Xingbairong on May 17, 2016, 2:19:58 PM
Last bumped on Aug 30, 2016, 6:00:37 PM
*Reserved*
Why hasnt anyone posted yet? I for one think there is a lot of potential as Inquisitor / CoC Mjölner.

Are you also going for this build in the current league?
"
Sxing wrote:
Why hasnt anyone posted yet? I for one think there is a lot of potential as Inquisitor / CoC Mjölner.

Are you also going for this build in the current league?

In the current league I'm going for a cleave build that I did in the previous league since I want to test few things out + to farm some currency with it and then change to another build I want to test.

And for an off build I'm trying a fireball build for fun since I haven't been seeing any fireball builds lately.

Later in the league I might try this build again. Generally this has probably been one of the most fun if not the most fun build I've played. What's more it's not that expensive now that Mjölner prices have dropped. It's great for fast clearing of maps AKA farming and there are so many variations a person can do.

When I did the build I wanted to see if it's possible to do CoC Mjölner and after knowing that it's not only possible but it's actually viable I'm definitely going to work on it in th future.
The problem is that at the moment I have limited time, so for now at least I'll focus on my Cleave/Fireball build.
Last edited by Xingbairong on Jun 9, 2016, 3:54:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info