[Updated 2.4] Perma Onslaught Ranger - Shrapnel Shot / Burning Arrow - fast lvling and map clearing

Hi guys,

I create a build during Perandus league but who can be played in std league too, SC or HC (in my opinion, i'm only playing SC...)

So here is the plan :
Onslaught is an interesting boost for your damage, and with the new ascendancy Raider class, you win more damage and more defense. So if you can be onslaught permanently...
You can use Shrapnel shot whit lmp and innervate to kill clustered enemies easily : shrapnel always pierce, innervate have 15% chance to shock and can give you onslaught.
For bosses and a huge damage, i use Burning arrow. I'm actually lvl91 and i can reach 165k dps.

Pros & Cons
easy to play, to level and a good dps
Atziri viable
5min to clean end-game maps (T14...)
Good defense

You win your DPS on kill (frenzy, onslaught, power charges...)

Stats
For DPS :
1 - Physical damage
2 - Attack Speed and crit chance/multi
3 - Elemental Damage

For Defense :
- LIFE / EVASION / RES
- life leech

For your gems :
- Strength and Intelligence

Leveling

In our passive tree we'll search Life, Evasion and life leech for defense.
For our DPS, Physical damages (for bows, projectiles and attacks), Crit chance and multi, and charges (frenzy and power)

lvl1~25
First we search life nodes and Essence Sap to sustain mana

lvl26~40
We can take Arrow Dancing now and Graceful Assault, Think Sin and last acrobatics (around lvl40, with a good evasion rating only).

lvl41~60
Reach the shadow passive skill now, with blood drinker, blood siphon and trickery. We can also boost our DPS with lethality or Heavy / Deadly draw and some frenzy charge.

lvl61~80
We take Golem's blood and some life leech (useful for reflect and sustain life), and DPS with king of the hill, Heavy / Deadly draw, Heartseeker and more frenzy charges.

Final :

Bandits :
- Oak
- Kraitin or Oak (i choose Kraitin)
- Alira

You'll have 4 Power charges, 6 Frenzy, and 4 endurance charges

Gems

- Shrapnel Shot : This attack is really interesting. They always pierce, so with a quiver like Drillneck, you'll gain a substantial DPS.
You deal Lightning damage too, and, with innervate, you shock and gain onslaught. So, arrows always pierce, you shock (and enemies take 50% more damage). Add a bow like Lioneye's Glare, your hits can't be evaded, and you'll always stay Onslaught !!! It's really nice :)
In this build i'm not using the burst of lightning, the second property with Shrapnel shot, we could but with a different passive tree and using support gem like Point Blank.

- Burning Arrow is used for bosses. With a 5L you will reach ~110-120k i think. I 6l my bow, so i'm actually around 160k.

- Herald of thunder, with curse on hit : You will have more DPS and a curse. During leveling process use Warlord's to leech mana and life and win endurance charges for your defense.

-CWDT IC and increased Duration for defense and Blood rage for DPS, but only if you use the stone golem with regen life. Without this blood rage can be really dangerous.

- Herald of ash gives you more DPS and overkill damage. With a good crit multi it's a really good choice for this build.

Shrapnel Shot - LMP - Innervate - Faster Attack - WED
If you have a 6L for this gem put frenzy (not a support gem i know :)). If you have a 6s with 5l, put Blink Arrow
Burning Arrow - PPAD - Added Fire Damage - Faster Attack - Pierce - Critical Strikes
For the 5L you can prefer Crit...
Herald oh Thunder - Curse on hit - Assassin's mark - Arctic Armour
CWDT(3)- Immortal call(5) - Blood Rage(8) - Increased duration
Herald of ash - Increased Burning damage - Summon Stone Golem - Frenzy or Blink Arrow

And Why Frenzy ??? The bosses !!! if you don't have any mod to kill for you frenzy charges, 6 arrows are enough to win some DPS and attack speed. And attack speed with Knock Back on crit (king of the hill in passive tree) is really interesting :)

My Gear
Spoiler

About my gear :
2 uniques are really important :
- Daresso's Defiance : It gives you some life, life leech, dodge and endurance charges. You gain Onslaugth, and with immortal call some invulnerability
- Drillneck : for your DPS, with Projectile Damage increased by pierce chance - Shrapnel shot always pierce so you win 100% projectile damage...

Other unique i'm using :
- Lioneye's Glare : i love this bow, first your hit's can't be evaded, this is really interesting when you have 100% pierce chance !!! and forgot your accuracy rating :) This bow gives you elemental damage, and attack speed (good for crit). And i 6L it during Perandus League, so YES it's a good bow :)
- Maligaro's virtuosity : Always good for crit...

Those gloves are really good too before having a 5l for shrapnel shot :
Spoiler

I'm actually using this jewel too :
Spoiler

With this gem, shrapnel shot win 1k dps, and burning arrow 2k

Flasks :
For life, remove bleeding and instant recovery... always important
Silver Flask : Try it and run... Really good when you have only one boss to kill, and no other enemies : you'll have onslaught to start the fight.
Atziri's Promise : Chaos resist, life leech and DPS
Stibnite Flask : Really really good for defense, and your enemies are blind.

Stats
Spoiler

All those stats are without any charge or buff, only golem & auras (Herald of ash, Herals of Thunder an AA)

Shrapnel Shot :

Burning Arrow :

Defense :

Charges :

And DPS with full charges, Onslaught, Blood Rage & Atziri's Promise :

Shrapnel Shot :

Burning Arrow :

Defense :

AND KNOW ?????
Enjoy, play, kill many and many mobs, and if Atziri ask you about me, kill her for me please ;)

This was the first time i wrote a build on this forum, so please if my english is really a s...., if something miss, if you think this build could really be better, SAY IT !!!!

[2.3 UPDATE]
2 more ascendancy points !!! really good news !!! With those points we will choose Avatar of the Slaughter : 2% movement speed/frenzy, 3% attack speed/frenzy and 3% attack damage/frenzy + 1 frenzy = 7 Frenzy charges, 14% more MS, 21% more AS and 21% more AD... and they change Way of the poacher with 15% chance to gain frenzy on kill instead of 10%.
So with this boost for dps, i think i'll add some dodge or leech/regen for defense.
Waiting for the new passive tree...

[2.4 UPDATE]
Here is the final build i'll try to play with this build, if i have time enough... I add some dodge and life leech for defense as i said for the last update. I have to take a look to the new unique bows, but for me the 2 uniques you need really for this build are the armour, daresso's defiance and Drillneck the quiver for pierce and dps.

Have Fun !!!!!

Last edited by Noshin on Oct 12, 2016, 1:23:25 PM
Last bumped on Oct 18, 2016, 1:32:08 PM
I can't open the passive trees for some reason (old version doesn't work anymore).

Btw, I'd move Frenzy to the Curse on hit setup, taking the place of AA, so you can curse bosses too (even if at a reduced effect).

My only "optimization doubt" is that Shrapnel Shot has its full power at close range, so the Chin Sol + Point Blank combo is excellent for the skill.
Hi, djnat

After work i'll correct all the links

I choose shrapnel shot for pierce chance and not for aoe but i'll explain this in my build.

Frenzy instead of AA is a really good idea. I'll try this !!!
Last edited by Noshin on May 13, 2016, 12:03:13 PM
I'm gonna try this build in the next league playing SSF ^^.
Currently using this build I am lvl70 now on my steam account and this build is absolutly BA even with a 4 link bow and chest piece I have 16k fire arrow and 14k shrapnel shot
"
I create a build during Perandus league but who can be played in std league too, SF or HC (in my opinion, i'm only playing SF...)

SF? You mean selffound or softcore? 'cause imho your build is not really selffound-friendly ( Drillneck and Daresso's Defiance don't drop very often, and are not so easily replacable since you use them for their unique machanics...)
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
I started using this build in the Prophecy League a few days ago, and so far I really like it. Levelling is faster then I experienced with my Ranger in the Standard league. And the build guide is well made. And here comes the But.

I am currently using this amulet ...

It has helped a bit so far, but my question is ... does this build actually needs a amulet like the one above? Is the Armour/Evasion and good flask use enough? The reason I ask is because one of the Prophecies I did gave me this amulet on the first floor of the Vaal Ruins ...

This amulet combined with the Essence Sap nodes would seem quit useful for this build. ( At least for a while I guess. ) Or am I mistaken in this? Yeah most likely comes down to personal opinions, but I ask none the less. ( Can not hurt to do so right. :) )
"
Fessels2903 wrote:
I started using this build in the Prophecy League a few days ago, and so far I really like it. Levelling is faster then I experienced with my Ranger in the Standard league. And the build guide is well made. And here comes the But.

I am currently using this amulet ...

It has helped a bit so far, but my question is ... does this build actually needs a amulet like the one above? Is the Armour/Evasion and good flask use enough? The reason I ask is because one of the Prophecies I did gave me this amulet on the first floor of the Vaal Ruins ...

This amulet combined with the Essence Sap nodes would seem quit useful for this build. ( At least for a while I guess. ) Or am I mistaken in this? Yeah most likely comes down to personal opinions, but I ask none the less. ( Can not hurt to do so right. :) )

You don't need more mana, only mana leech to sustain it, so using amulet with attributes, life res and damage is really better.
And ty for your comment about this build :)
"
Wazz72 wrote:
"
I create a build during Perandus league but who can be played in std league too, SF or HC (in my opinion, i'm only playing SF...)

SF? You mean selffound or softcore? 'cause imho your build is not really selffound-friendly ( Drillneck and Daresso's Defiance don't drop very often, and are not so easily replacable since you use them for their unique machanics...)

sry it was SC and not SF... During perandu league, drillneck was really cheap and daresso's defiance too. In the new league (prophecy), you can have drillneck with a prophecy, and daresso's defiance is really cheap (and a prophecy can help you 5l your chest with only 1 jeweller's orb).
Hey dude :)

Nice Build i got one question is Voltaxic Possible on this Build i know he got nerfed as Fuck but i still Love this thing and i wanna play with a Voltaxic would be nice if it work

Stay Safe

Getsu

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info