[2.3 Theorycraft] Nuro's Harp Bow Hierophant - Elemental Hit

Really loving the look of the new spoiled unique Nuro's Harp

http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Nuro's_Harp

While rolling a Ranger would have some perks, like free chain, lots of +cold damage, and some nice bow crit, a lot of the bow nodes down there are focused on physical damage. That means you're left just grasping for all of the attack speed points you can get in the area.

Lame.

Thus I submit, for your consideration, the Nuro's Bow Templar

Build Notes

Probably sucks.
Split Arrow for AoE clear.
3x shockwave, decoy, or summon skeleton totems for safety.

6x power charges, cause how else is your dapper, pants-less, bow using templar going to crit otherwise? Plus a bonus 3 frenzy and endurance charges nearly all the time.

Elemental Hit + Arctic Armour + Temp Chains + Aquamarine Flask for taking on bosses.
Probably sucks against bosses.

Can swap out the 10 points that go to Conduit -> Overcharged if you have a Victario's Acuity Amulet.

+10% chance to freeze from tree + 10% chance to freeze from elemental hit gem + 10% chance to freeze from Hypothermia gem.
5 Jewel slots. 5x Izaro's turmoil for another 10% chance to freeze? Or just 5 useful damage jewels b/c I'm sure this build's damage won't compete with anything 'good' or meta.

Tons of value from running double herald.
Tons of value from flat elemental rolls, %ele weapon rings/quiver, or really anything that elemental spectral throw would use.

Might be better off as an inquisitor for the crit/pen shenanigans.
Probably will suck against reflect. (But perhaps, the joke is on reflect - this build might not do enough damage to care! Hah!)

--

Thoughts/feedback?

Last bumped on May 25, 2016, 10:37:38 AM
I wanna try out this bow as well. I got totally different build in my mind. Deadeye crit ranger with fast and deadly, ricochet and far shot. Main clear skill split arrow and barrage or maaaaybe elemental hit for single target but i would have to test it first. You are right about attack speed, yes you should take any speed node because bow base speed is really low not because of physical damage bow nodes. You can put cold steel jewel in ranger area and transform all phy bow damage into cold bow damage :)
Templar is not good choice.

25% freeze chance on this tree:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYAAEV8l5f79bQ45RmMNlVLidNh4nBSJpUqCxa_XfIOSCsKEZYRLwMeBx5_xutjH0GVLqKjNj3w1VF0wfOdqo_6SVGO6YIebIzQ0KaZFLBirFKyTC20xTeBF1QRD8Ls5OufAY48rJjbXjsNBbXjVtHkVko6WFAw7-uNv42CnqFVxvrrUUfUI1PUIoGD25LzMHw31D7P51QwcV5FjX1_K-0_veYk_d2oI_bWijnU_95LeE2So4p29zpC7g4x-oGs_MXveqCfM5INjdN-QxNbr4d2fXUAXiF2FHXjn_66GY6GzsjMSn3tg8Ez748ILt9vm40V8AYj4duhpA==
mate, just ignore freeze chance and get high crit and you will freeze all the time :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info