The message when you try to leave the labyrinth needs to be reworked.

I just died to this realisering I did not kill the golems in the first phase of Izaro and he spiked me to about 10% health in each hit. Please GGG if you are going to have this message tell that to the players when they enter the lab instead of when they are trying to leave it. Extremely unprofessional to make a UI that hinders action to this degree when one death can ruin 12 hours of work.
hi <3 I stream at twitch.tv/sjatar_
Last bumped on May 10, 2016, 3:09:58 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Luckily for me I found the port out message before I ever tried it fighting Iz. If I had ripped to it trying to flee the boss fight I would've been pissed.

Pretty silly system really.
We tested it extensively
"
Icholas wrote:
Luckily for me I found the port out message before I ever tried it fighting Iz. If I had ripped to it trying to flee the boss fight I would've been pissed.

Pretty silly system really.

Yeah. I even knew it was there tho. But in the panic of trying to get out I forgot it and then panicked even more so that I could not for the life of me click the Yes button.
Last edited by Sjatar on May 9, 2016, 3:43:42 AM
Wait, your highest character is 78, how do you ruin 12 hours of work in one death?

Besides, there might be a deeper problem, if you have to refer to playing a game as "work"...

That being said, I somewhat agree, but you will see the "I did not read what it said when entering and then I left and now I cannot go back" whineposts if your supposed change is implemented...

EDIT: Sorry didn't see that you are playing HC.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
Last edited by Char1983 on May 9, 2016, 5:45:32 AM
"
Char1983 wrote:
Wait, your highest character is 78, how do you ruin 12 hours of work in one death?

Besides, there might be a deeper problem, if you have to refer to playing a game as "work"...

That being said, I somewhat agree, but you will see the "I did not read what it said when entering and then I left and now I cannot go back" whineposts if your supposed change is implemented...

I usually stop playing a build when I got the idea ready :) usually it is when I get to maps etc. This time I tried to play a build to the end but died twice now on the same kind of build so I lack the motivation to play it again :P anyways just find it very weird that they woudl put this kind of thing in. They must know that when a player ports out is not only to drag loot out but to also save your ass.
Does the 'Yes' button even work on that portal-message?

I once tried to port out from an Izaro fight 3 times after all potions were empty (my DPS was just too low to win, so i actually wanted to quit this lab run for good) and i'm pretty sure i pressed both buttons on the popup at least once (was in a bit of a hurry).
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:05:33 PM
It is a bit silly, yes. It's especially silly if you consider that most common reason for porting out of the lab is likely going to be immediate danger (if HC). With that in mind, why would they put an extra message to click through just to get out of the lab?

IMO, a better option would to have the message pop up when you first unlock the labyrinth after completing all the trials. After that, you'd never see it again.
"
Sjatar wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:

I usually stop playing a build when I got the idea ready :) usually it is when I get to maps etc. This time I tried to play a build to the end but died twice now on the same kind of build so I lack the motivation to play it again :P anyways just find it very weird that they woudl put this kind of thing in. They must know that when a player ports out is not only to drag loot out but to also save your ass.

Well if they didn't have that warning message, people would port out and then be annoyed that they cannot get back (and probably ask for a confirmation message). Also, GGG somewhere stated that the lab was specifically designed such that you cannot use the cheesy portal-out-when-in-danger techniques because you have to do it in one run. By extension of that, you could also say that you shouldn't be able to use a portal to get to safety, I guess.

Anyways, just using Alt+F4 or exit to character screen should work, I guess?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Sjatar wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:

Well if they didn't have that warning message, people would port out and then be annoyed that they cannot get back (and probably ask for a confirmation message). Also, GGG somewhere stated that the lab was specifically designed such that you cannot use the cheesy portal-out-when-in-danger techniques because you have to do it in one run. By extension of that, you could also say that you shouldn't be able to use a portal to get to safety, I guess.

Anyways, just using Alt+F4 or exit to character screen should work, I guess?

Yeah logging or alt+f4 has the same effect as porting becasue you can't get in anyways. However you could have the argument that you then also need the confirmation on the log out aswell. Anyways there are much better ways of having this confirmation so that it's less of a unnecessary danger. As to the portal cheesy technique is not a valid point to make here tho you have to do the fight without any porting in the end.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info