Isn't Shadeform + Solaris Lorica Better than Shav's Defensively?

Putting aside the possibility of Shav's + Shadeform which would clearly be the best scenario, isn't Shadeform + Solaris better than just a Shav's alone when it comes to defenses?

Shadeform gives 500 evasion and 250 ES, along with the bit armor on Solaris lorica isn't that better?

Thinking of doing a budget low life right off the bat in the 2week
Last bumped on May 4, 2016, 9:31:07 PM
The armour isn't going to do much for you and neither will the EVA if you don't have other gear investments or grace. The 250 ES will certainly help compensate for the lorica though since it's basically half a shavs.
People always talk about how you can just use Solaris instead of a Shav's. Sure, you get the most important mod from it, but you also have to consider the sockets for your skills. If you're fine with a 4 link, then sure, why not. But it's insanely difficult to get a cheap 5 link Solaris with 5 off-colour sockets for your spell caster build. Unless of course you're playing lowlife with a strength based skill, that uses strength supports.
Last edited by Shazamarang on May 4, 2016, 12:24:39 AM
Actually its quite easy to roll off colour sockets on lorica because of its low base lvl. With 53 strength required, assuming 5 sockets, and you want lets say 4 off-colour it will take about 99 chromatics (check vorici calc).
I've no clue how you came to the conclusion of 99 chromatics. I'm assuming you're using the same Vorici Calculator as me, since it's the same one almost everyone uses. Assuming 5 sockets and you want 4 off-colour, in this case let's say 4 blue, using Vorici's 1B craft it requires approximately 90 attempts, or a cost of 363 chromatics on average.

Unless I'm doing something horribly wrong that is. 5 sockets, 4 blue, 53 strength required. Please tell me what I've done wrong, because I can't see it.
Gaiz gaiz gaiz, we're all just little exiled squirrels trying to get our nuts off in wraeclast. So let's not argue over the details. Who needs them in a game like this where success is always equal to one's heart and imagination.
"
Shazamarang wrote:
I've no clue how you came to the conclusion of 99 chromatics. I'm assuming you're using the same Vorici Calculator as me, since it's the same one almost everyone uses. Assuming 5 sockets and you want 4 off-colour, in this case let's say 4 blue, using Vorici's 1B craft it requires approximately 90 attempts, or a cost of 363 chromatics on average.

Unless I'm doing something horribly wrong that is. 5 sockets, 4 blue, 53 strength required. Please tell me what I've done wrong, because I can't see it.

what you've done "wrong" is assume all the off-colors are blue (ofc i put "wrong" in quotes because that's not an unfair assumption, though it will not always be the case).

A 3b 1r 1g will have 4x the chance to happen as that 4b 1r while still being '4-off' (and not being an unreasonable combo, especially for a cold or projectile caster or a trapper).

(also, seems like your numbers are off, cuz 53 str 4b1r on a 5 socket is 456 according to that)
Last edited by Shppy on May 4, 2016, 9:31:57 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info