Difference Between DPS and DPH

I always think that DPS it's enough for many builds for some builds it's better more Damage Per Hit instead Damage per Second, that's the case with Perma-Freeze when you need to inflict a damage at least 3% of mob's life in one critical single hit, Spell Echo and Faster casting don't help, but the problem is try to get more DPH it's harder.
Ok, if you want to freeze stuff you need to deal a critical hit with enough damage, critical chance it's not hard to get, one big shot it's hard.
I try different builds but never get damage even close to Echo + Faster Casting, making the build unenviable.
Just one in Talisman League using 8 Izaro's Turmoil jewels, that Perma-Freeze works well and can perma freeze voll in 6 guy party, but bosses higher than tier 8 maps was impossible.

700+ Critical multiplier will help but it's another hard thing to archieve.

Anyone knows how to do it?
"This Is A Buff" (Bex_GGG august 30, 2016)
Last bumped on May 2, 2016, 11:36:58 AM
and what do you asking? how to permafreeze high tier map bosses? in this case I dont know if it is even possible. Sufficient damage needed for that would probably mean you kill the boss very fast anyways
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on May 2, 2016, 11:23:27 AM
While you need high enough damage per hit to freeze, it's the ps part of dps that keeps them frozen. If you hit them fast enough, they'll not have time to unfreeze.

You probably can't permafreeze any high life bosses. People used to do it with Elemental Proliferation. Freeze a low life target and it freezes the boss. The problem is that the low life targets don't live long so the prolif dies with them.

If you're trying to increase your cold damage, lowering resistance works too. Elemental Equilibrium can be really powerful if used properly and isn't subject to the curse effectiveness penalty. Cold Penetration works great too. It doesn"t change your tooltip so many build guides don't use it because they want you to see a high dps number. I'd say the best you could do would be triple curse with Frostbite, Elemental Weakness, and Temp Chains (freeze lasts longer), high cold penetration, and Elemental Equilibrium if you can proc it often enough (like with flame totem). You have to proc it with non cold damage often because each hit with cold damage will do the opposite of what you want.
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info