nothing to see

twitch.tv/enki91
Last edited by Enki91 on Nov 24, 2016, 1:30:12 PM
Last bumped on May 25, 2016, 3:25:26 PM
Interresting idea to focus on physical damage nodes only, poison gem may be another setup because it's another dot on top of burning?

Thoo it's sad to make a coc build without a lot of crit and the sword physical damage added as extra fire doesnt work on physical spells i think, because it's SWORD :/
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Apr 30, 2016, 10:14:35 AM
@Geisalt: I've actually played around with Poison before writing this guide, but found it not to be worth it at that point. Maybe it's good for some higher level map bosses, will give it another try!

The added fire damage indeed doesn't work for our spells, which is a bummer but on the other hand makes ele ref maps easier for us.

I've added some videos and screenshots to the guide. Tried to get some unfavorable mods on the recorded maps, to show the build in action in some less optimal environments.
twitch.tv/enki91
Reached my goal of Lv94 and gave Core Malachai a try. Didn't quite get him down, but it could be possible with better play. Overall very satisfied with how this build worked out. Hope someone else out there enjoys it too!
twitch.tv/enki91
Grats and thx for the build, good to know that Unleashed is viable in high tier maps.
I have a different idea in mind on how to use it, but since it'll have to be in SC Standard ( 'cause that's where I have the gear and currency) don't know when it'll see the light...
"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
@Wazz72: Thanks! What do you have planned with Unleashed? I do have a few more ideas, making more use of the sword as primary damage source, but i'm currently taking a break from poe so that has to wait.
twitch.tv/enki91
I don't wanna be a bummer, but as soon as you start killing white mobs in waterways and it takes forever for them to die, I started cringing.

You put a lot of effort into this, but if your intention was to make the goddess shine, it certainly fell short.

If you could find a way to get your crit even without the increased crit strike gem, you'd get an extra spell to cast for extra damage. And you could replace increased crit damage gem with yet another spell for even more damage.

Eventually you'd have pretty decent damage, but nowhere near what you'd get with something other than the Goddess.

It's unfortunate because I appreciate the effort put into the making of the sword AND your build. Those are literally the most fun things to do in this game. But the final product of that sword is just ass (except for the art).

A lot of items seem to fall in that category in PoE. Items that never shine because they're literally useless, even for leveling.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
@Simplesim45: Yes, it isn't another clearspeed meta build, i prefer my builds to have a good balance between damage, flexibility, survivability and cost effectiveness.
In this case focus went more on the last two - Unleashed gives us a cheap 6L while being able to wear an actual chest, and further enables a decent survivability boost.

Inc Crit Strikes isn't replacable, it would hurt either damage or survivability more to get similar crit without the gem, than simply filling up this one gem slot. Inc Crit Damage is debatable, only spell choice left that synergizes with this part of the tree is Blade Vortex. Too laggy for me, but someone with a better PC can of course experiment with the last slot. This flexibility aspect is also clearly mentioned in the guide.

That being said, the clearspeed isn't actually bad. I intentionally record my builds in unfavorable environments, to give those interested a good idea if its worth to reroll or run those mods. In your mentioned case it's Enfeeble, which heavily reduces amount of procs, damage of Cyclone and crit/damage of procced spells.
Lag plays another role, that's why a friend of mine offered to record some maps for me after hitting 100 in the 2w race later this day.
twitch.tv/enki91
"
Simplesim45 wrote:
I don't wanna be a bummer, but as soon as you start killing white mobs in waterways and it takes forever for them to die, I started cringing.

You put a lot of effort into this, but if your intention was to make the goddess shine, it certainly fell short.

If you could find a way to get your crit even without the increased crit strike gem, you'd get an extra spell to cast for extra damage. And you could replace increased crit damage gem with yet another spell for even more damage.

Eventually you'd have pretty decent damage, but nowhere near what you'd get with something other than the Goddess.

It's unfortunate because I appreciate the effort put into the making of the sword AND your build. Those are literally the most fun things to do in this game. But the final product of that sword is just ass (except for the art).

A lot of items seem to fall in that category in PoE. Items that never shine because they're literally useless, even for leveling.

ive met you before on a VMS build, as much time and effort put into that I find this post pessimistic and shocking coming from you.
i agree that builds like this make the game fun and thus why it drew my attention, however i feel like this guide, albeit the best shot at making the goddess unleashed viable for endgame, may not be the only way to achieve this.
but clear speed is important and ignite is slow, adding poison seems the likely choice here but again slow. . .
going to see if i cant find another path to take this build, while retaining dps and survivability, but with a somewhat faster clear speed

edit: my initial response to making a build like this was to sorta breath life back into my old righteous fire toon who met the nerf bat by GGG nerfing incinerate, but but righteous fire is all spell damage and wouldnt utilize any phy dmg :/ so its like how do you combine the two?

but then i wand to take what the OP has done and take that further by simply using my CoC cyclone discharger (with all of its crit and life leech and clear speed) and simply not use

and just use TGU and see how i fare in maps. . .

but but then again. . . .im not really centering a build around a weapon im just using another build and replacing the wep instead. . . so its hard to do >.<

edit 2: was thinking of molten strike or infernal blow or magma bomb. . .
Last edited by PleaseMasterMakeMeScream on May 16, 2016, 5:00:02 PM
"
"
Simplesim45 wrote:

ive met you before on a VMS build, as much time and effort put into that I find this post pessimistic and shocking coming from you.
i agree that builds like this make the game fun and thus why it drew my attention, however i feel like this guide, albeit the best shot at making the goddess unleashed viable for endgame, may not be the only way to achieve this.
but clear speed is important and ignite is slow, adding poison seems the likely choice here but again slow. . .
going to see if i cant find another path to take this build, while retaining dps and survivability, but with a somewhat faster clear speed

edit: my initial response to making a build like this was to sorta breath life back into my old righteous fire toon who met the nerf bat by GGG nerfing incinerate, but but righteous fire is all spell damage and wouldnt utilize any phy dmg :/ so its like how do you combine the two?

but then i wand to take what the OP has done and take that further by simply using my CoC cyclone discharger (with all of its crit and life leech and clear speed) and simply not use

and just use TGU and see how i fare in maps. . .

but but then again. . . .im not really centering a build around a weapon im just using another build and replacing the wep instead. . . so its hard to do >.<

edit 2: was thinking of molten strike or infernal strike or magma bomb. . .

Didn't mean to be pessimistic. I just am kind of upset at the final result of that sword. Took forever to find the recipe, it's made out of 2 OTHER useless swords...it's just...UGH! Why not get an interesting trade off for losing the opportunity to wear a shield. Not necessarily the damage of a 2-hander, but unique mechanics or mods that would define an end game build.

I make complex builds all the time and I can't think of any instance where a build would use that sword over anything else and it upsets me.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info