Finding a new ranged build

Hey!

So I've been leveling a melee character to level 76 and I've had a lot of fun so far! Now I want to try out a ranged build instead, preferably using something like arc (or something else that's cool!).

Some requirements from my side are that I want to use ES rather than life and that I want to use Whirling Blades for movement. Preferably good clear speed but I want to put emphasis on boss fights. Something that works with many map mods is of course preferable.

So do you have any recommendations?

Thanks in advance.
Last edited by Cherry9 on Apr 29, 2016, 2:58:47 PM
Last bumped on Apr 29, 2016, 3:40:07 PM
There are plenty of caster builds out there currently - check out the Shadow/Witch forum sections for some ideas on those. If you're open to attack based builds, bows (particularly Voltaxic builds) are popular right now as well and work very well with Occultist/Assassin/Trickster and the Soul Strike unique quiver.

The more non-traditional things would include wand-attack builds, trap/mine characters, Cast on Crit (spectral throw works if you are still leaning towards the ranged aspect). Mine characters can pretty much insta-gib most bosses but can feel a little clunky to play sometimes. Trappers are a lot of fun if you don't mind heavy flask usage (since you can't use leech or life/es gain on kill and likely won't have much or any regen) and do pretty insane amounts of damage.

EDIT: Wanting to use whirling blades does limit you somewhat on weapon choices, but you can put it on weapon swap in a lot of cases. ;)
Former player moderator, valued poster, and early-adopter responsible for The Blood Dance.

GGG has forgotten where they came from. As a result, I no longer support the deceitful, corporate Tencent slave sellouts running this game.
Last edited by MonopolyLegend on Apr 29, 2016, 3:53:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info