[2.2] The Storm Herald (crit thunder/ice heralds) easy maps!

you're right, vaal storm call is very strong. I will have to buy one when I get the chance. I have been experimenting with the harvest - I found a fun/unique interaction. By using worm flasks, the worms explode with herald of ice, making them like mini grenades.

With the harvest, I can spam worm grenades non-stop.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Last edited by DreamScythe on May 12, 2016, 4:30:07 AM
Interesting, but to utilise that efficiently will require a different build, since Harvest takes away 2 important slots for either 2 weapons or weapon+shield.

Plus if I remember correctly life leech on it is not global and ends up being useless, can you check it?

Worm grenades should also work substantially better without 3 Dragons, since then you get a HoI chain reaction.
Increasing Field of View in PoE: /1236921
Last edited by Shajirr on May 12, 2016, 6:25:01 AM
Right, worm grenades is simply an idea for another build. I think it would work really well with a scold's cwdt doedre's potion setup. With -35% flask charges used (15% from skill tree, 20% from belt), worm flasks can be used 4 times. Guess what my next character will be? =P

I have a templar using the harvest, I feel like they re-enabled the life leech on it. But ill have to double check my gear / skill tree to make sure I have no life gain whatsoever besides the harvest.
Last edited by DreamScythe on May 12, 2016, 4:16:40 PM
hi 2 all/ Can run reflect map? ))
Тупо Гей
on standard league, with legacy vinktar AND on maps no greater than t9, reflect should be fine. Herald of ice cannot reflect, and HoT wont kill you unless you do an absurd amount of lightning damage.

but obviously most people plan to play on new leagues, so I would say that it would be extremely difficult.
Last edited by DreamScythe on May 13, 2016, 2:37:31 AM
ty. I planed some MF 4 this build. T12-14 map posible 4 this build?
Тупо Гей
yes, just did a t14 conservatory
Hey

I'm planning on making a CoC phys spell cycloner for the next league, but there is always a chance that it might get nerfed when the final patch notes are released, so I'm preparing another build. This one looks fun to play, so I'm considering it.

As I love building trees for characters, I made mine for this build. I'd love to hear what you think about it. It's lvl 92 but there are 5 jewel sockets, so if you pick them last, the tree is ready at lvl 82.

Took a slightly different approach. EB/ZO to deal with mana, stone golem should be enough I think. More aoe nodes. Less duration. It's got 180% life.

Things to consider:
-getting slightly more ES plus MoM, although that would require also getting some more life regen.
-the additional curse node?
-mana reserved nodes? Haven't done the math for the whole mana reserved yet. Will do it later.

Is HoT linked with just inc crit chance (and CoH, but it doesn't increase its dmg at all) enough to one shot white mobs to trigger the chain? Up to what tier of maps?
Last edited by macexor on May 28, 2016, 12:50:18 PM
I do like the idea of using EB and ZO so that you can reserve all your mana for the heralds. The tree looks good to me, however it might be worth getting MoM if you can achieve 1500+ es. Without the inc duration nodes, firestorm isnt as powerful, but that opens up the possibility of storm call with reduced duration.

HoT will almost always 1 shot white mobs (I would highly recommend using lightning pen). It needs to crit in order to proc herald of ice, but if there is more than one monster it hits much faster. HoT alone kills tiers 1-9 without problem. t10 and above it slows down a little and you will cast orb of storms / damage skill more often.

I did t14 maps with the build, trash clearing was very fast, but boss killing became slow.

Defense seems to be lacking here (and no movement skill, unless you put it in the 2nd set). I can't imagine beating merc lab with so low hp/es, not to mention uber one. You'll get one-hited by Izaro. But this is only my imagination at this point, since I'm still during leveling process. Maybe high block and ll is enough to sustain sick damage he does? I understand you use orb of storms to keep charges during boss fights? What about using it with tempest shield instead and save 3 slots for vaal storm or something? And why you leech es, instead of life? With low chaos res and more life than es, leeching life wouldn't be better?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info