[2.2 HC] Defekt's Bloody Vacuum Gladiator - NOW WITH VIDEO - [Budget/Beginner Friendly/Fast & Fun]

---> DEFEKT'S BLOODY VACUUM GLADIATOR <---
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dg4HAIx0Is&feature=youtu.be

Hey guys!
This is my very first guide, so in case I miss out on anything, please let me know!

First off, this build is a LOT of fun and very budget friendly. It's without a doubt beginner friendly, but still features an exciting and fast-paced playstyle.

So... what is this build all about?

1. You Cyclone into packs and the monsters will start bleeding - it gets messy.

2. Mobs will automatically get sucked in like a vacuum with the reverse knock-back effect from your gloves/flask combo (explained below).

3. Since the mobs are bleeding, they will explode when they die because of your Ascendancy Gladiator node "Gratuitous Violence"

4. When 1 mob explodes, the full pack goes off, resulting in a big and messy explosion of blood and nasty gore (NSFW).

5. Repeat.

IN THEORY (LOL, MATH OF EXILE)
Let's say you have a room with 20 blue mobs and 1 boss...

- Every blue mob has got 100 HP.
- The boss has 2000 HP.
- You vacuum up the entire room in a second and everything explodes.
- The 20 mobs explode for 10% of their maximum life as physical damage (10 physical damage)
- 10 physical damage x 20 = 2000.
- Full pack including the boss explodes, what a winner.

So! If you like cyclone, bloody explosions, great mobility, vacuuming, fast clear and nasty bleed sounds - This build is perfect for YOU.

The build revolves around 3 core items, which are both easy and cheap to aquire:
Spoiler

-> RIVE TERROR CLAW?
Rive Terror Claw makes all your attacks "Causes Bleeding on Hit" - This is very important, as the bleed effect will make your targets explode for 10% of their maximum HP when they die, which results in one huge explosion in every pack. On top of that, it grants you 2% free life leech and has got decent DPS, what's not to love?

-> EMPIRE'S GRASP GOLIATH GAUNTLETS & LION'S ROAR GRANITE FLASK?
These gloves, together with the Lion's Roar Granite Flask creates the desired vacuum Cyclone, which is absolutely amazing for rounding up packs/monsters. It also makes you drag tankier mobs along the way, so you don't have to stop moving forward while Cycloning.

-> LEVELING
For leveling, a good suggestion would be going with Reave, as Cyclone can be very heavy on mana use. Use a good 1H + Shield and slash safely through content until you can equip the Rive Terror Claw at level 70. At this point you'll have your desired bleed nodes from the passive tree and the build will automatically and nicely come together.
- Remember to level Cyclone on the side (and possibly acquire a 10%+ Cyclone beforehand, as the increased area is really awesome for this build).

-> PASSIVES (LEVELING)
48 Points:

69 Points:

90 Points:

-> PASSIVES (LEVEL 80, 100 POINTS)

-> But... what if I want to continue?
After level 80, everything is up for grabs. At this point you'll have a great feel for the build and you can grab whatever nodes you find desirable.

-> ASCENDANCY POINTS
Spoiler
1. Gratuitous Violence
2. Painforged
3. Versatile Combatant

-> BANDITS
Spoiler
Oak / Kraityn / Kraityn

-> GEMS, GEAR & FLASKS
Spoiler

4-Link:

5-Link:

6-Link:

- With a 6L and added Blood Magic, re-spec the mana leech nodes in the bottom of the duelist area, this will save you 5 skill points!

GEAR

READ: Lightning Coil is NOT needed for this build, as you'll still be tanky enough to run most maps without it, it's just a great late-game item which makes you even tankier.

FLASKS

-> OFFENCES
Spoiler
18.2k DPS doesn't look like much... but that's without the bleed & poison DoT's - also, keep in mind that everything around you is affected by Vulnerability, which makes monsters take a great deal more damage from physical attacks and damage over time effects!

-> DEFENCES, UN-BUFFED
Spoiler

-> DEFENCES, BUFFED (99% UPTIME)
Spoiler
Keep in mind, this is without the 2x Merciless Ascendancy points, which gives us another 2% block chance, 5% attack speed and 100% of Block Chance applied to Spells.

-> VIDEOS

Simple showcase of the build:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Dg4HAIx0Is&feature=youtu.be
"DEFEKT PoE" @ YouTube
Last edited by Jacobism on Apr 28, 2016, 10:01:46 PM
Last bumped on May 28, 2016, 7:49:59 PM
If you have any questions, feel very free to ask!
"DEFEKT PoE" @ YouTube
I will be trying this build out. It would help if you could add in some leveling trees.

I will report back with my progress
"
Yatunic wrote:
I will be trying this build out. It would help if you could add in some leveling trees.

I will report back with my progress

Sounds good man, I'll add some leveling trees in a couple of hours when I get off school.
"DEFEKT PoE" @ YouTube
Added leveling trees and a brief introduction to leveling, enjoy!
"DEFEKT PoE" @ YouTube
9/11 would play again
Added a video showcasing the build - nothing too fancy. I'll update with harder maps later on!
"DEFEKT PoE" @ YouTube
"
Jacobism wrote:

- 10 physical damage x 20 = 2000.

Close enough :D

Build still looks pretty funny, thanks for the guide.
would tabula rasa be ok for this build?
"
Desian wrote:
would tabula rasa be ok for this build?

I would grab any 5L Armour/Eva chest over a Tabula Rasa for this build, since the 6th link really isn't that important. A 6L is great for late-game (90ish), as you get to spec out of the 5 points with mana-leech, but that's pretty much it. If you find it hard to afford a 5L Lightning Coil, buy a decent white 5L base, spam a few alts on it, regal and master-craft - that can be done in less than 5 chaos! :-)

EDIT: For leveling, a Tabula Rasa is always a good choice - but when you reach 60-65ish, get yourself a 5L with some stats :-)
"DEFEKT PoE" @ YouTube
Last edited by Jacobism on May 2, 2016, 7:15:31 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info