Post-2.2 feedback

Besides everyone reached 10k+ pvp dps there are some nasty new mechanics needs balancing.

- Decrees:
  have T value set to 5 or doesn't affected by pvp penalty at all.
  decree of winter - no-links spell able to oneshot 7k hp. the spell projectile is almost
  invisible in Sarn tileset gamma.

- Minions:
  Beacon of Corruption - "if you're not CI - minions killing is denied" poison cloud
  damage is so high it simply unmanageable. Thanks for srs duration buff, now they pursue
  the target for 15 sec just to expire and release deadly, (sometimes) invisible  cloud.
  You're not killing minions - they'll kill you. you're killing them - they kill you. pretty fun, right?
  Its not similar to minion instability - absurdly high radius and duration makes any arena too
  small when there is a BoC necromancer.

- traps:
  Hair Trigger jewel should be limited to 1. Was it a joke? non of pve trappers need that jewel,
  it useful for pvp only. yes, 200% trap trigger radius is sort of fun, but it turns
  "there might be a trap" to "11 traps lays right there and they'll explode when my grace period is off"
  cluster trap: shotgunning.
  What else to say? pvp penalty calculated per trap and it doesn't take into account
  the fact there is 4-11 traps hits the same target simultaneously. Do something!
  change the formula or the gem pvp effect.

- ES recharge:
  Wicked Ward is broken, brokenly good or brokenly unfun, chose yourself.
  Can we get at least some counter to this? frost bomb do nothing to es recharge,
  it's literally "4 seconds of invulnerability" (if you have 10k+ ES and Bated Breath)

- Harmony of purpose:
  radius is too high, the power of the node effect doesn't match it radius. It can literally 'turn off'
  any charge-based build, ok, we have a lot of broken stuff here,
  but it covers whole 16:9 screen, wtf!?
  make it tiny (10-20 units radius) or change wording to "When at max charges ..." etc.

- Earthquake:
  secondary explosion damage has too much global 'more' multiplicators available,
  the bleed it can cause is so high, sometimes there is no 'frame' to dispell.

- Frost Bomb:
  75% is too much, I'm totally against concept of 'easy counter' to global mechanic.
  Frost Bomb 'reduce enemy's regeneration' should scale with level,
  from 10% to 50% at lvl 21, 75% at lvl 28.
  Currently lvl 1 cwdt + lvl 1 frost bomb makes any high regen opponent useless.
  isn't this too much? 70+ points three investments vs 2 gems?
Last edited by EFBBBF on Apr 27, 2016, 8:44:31 AM
Last bumped on May 11, 2016, 2:31:43 PM
Can't wait for those changes, I mean they fixed inquisitor and sparks so fast that there is a real possibility for pvp to become a main focus of the game in a near future.

Spoiler
Last edited by IceDeal on Apr 27, 2016, 10:29:52 AM
Just in case it's not clear to the balance people, icedeal is joking. Spark nerf did not help at all
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
i had a 1v1 pvp in ranked couple days ago with a inquisitor tabula guy.

it was the most spastic experience i have ever had in my life. mostly i was one shotting him like first 2-3 seconds of the gmae but if that doesnt work. i was trapping myself to a corner and putting frost wall + spell echo and counting numbers in my head in order not to get out of fw charges. one spark was hitting me time to time and my regen was handling it slowly. i was waiting him to make a mistake. and mostly he did.

that corner frost walling was totally stupid but needed.

"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
i had a 1v1 pvp in ranked couple days ago with a inquisitor tabula guy.

it was the most spastic experience i have ever had in my life. mostly i was one shotting him like first 2-3 seconds of the gmae but if that doesnt work. i was trapping myself to a corner and putting frost wall + spell echo and counting numbers in my head in order not to get out of fw charges. one spark was hitting me time to time and my regen was handling it slowly. i was waiting him to make a mistake. and mostly he did.

that corner frost walling was totally stupid but needed.

Seems like a noob without pierce to me.

To stay on the subject decree never really bothered me but I either offscreen people or melee block all their attack (as decrees can't be supported) but i can understand they can hit hard.

Beacon of corruption is insane since they fixed it (it was bugged before), combine it with MI and melee are a thing of the past (Joke, melee is dead since 1.3... huhu).

Traps has always been a joke in term of pure damage, they still are.

Harmony of purpose is pretty funny imo.

EQ doesn't have a pvp reduction damage as every skills introduced since 2.1. It will probably be side nerfed with the changes to double dipping in 2.3

You can thanks Dyness for Frost Bomb as I'm pretty sur the regen limit was put there because of him (it was silly to have an immortal character in GM Hall) but a regen counter WAS needed for pvp anyway. Sorry legacy kaom users... ^^ (I think it's only 50% in pvp tho as we tested it a while back but I may be wrong).

Don't expect any of this to change anytime soon tho. There is so many things broken in pvp now that even if I was a dev, I'd no clue where to start.

Last edited by IceDeal on Apr 27, 2016, 5:45:22 PM
Yeah but you gotta start somewhere...

Spark, then AoE shotgunning
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
spark rarely visits corners, and x2 frost wall is really good vs spark cause with spark you can get 50% pierce from gem only.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Funny to see people complaining summoners are too OP on this forum. Thought I'd never see the day. :)
IGN: _Firebitch
"
Firebrand76 wrote:
Funny to see people complaining summoners are too OP on this forum. Thought I'd never see the day. :)

MI as been buffed over and over again since the last patchs, adding BoC on top of made it overkill as the unavoidable dmg SrS can generate (without pvp reduction) is now absolutely out of control.

Of course that's from a melee point of view but who play that anymore anyway.
Last edited by IceDeal on Apr 27, 2016, 5:49:48 PM
"
Firebrand76 wrote:

Stefanyolo could 1 shot anyone with golem already, where were you 4 month ago?
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info