[SUGGESTION] About traps

Hello guys,

I think that traps are the main problem of Labyrinth. Atleast for me. Trap system is badly designed because it kills all the RPG choices player made and just a few stats can help him get thru the traps. That gives some build advantages before others. But still traps are too dangerous even for those builds. I feel more like playing some arcade game instead of action RPG. I know that many ppl come here and say “omg u’re noob, u gotta practice more”. In my opinion traps doesn’t fit to this game in current state.

So after my angry post, I want to actually offer you a constructive suggestion how to make the traps better.

1.All the traps should have a flat damage caused instead of percentages.

2.Damage caused by traps should also be negated by stats. For example damage of spike trap is reduced by Physical reduction.

3.It would be also great if you would rather make traps based on certain elements which can be negated by elemental resistances.

4.Also what about adding traps with similar mechanic when u click on the boxes. U step on the mine and creatures spawn around you.

This is for me the best way could work. But I admit that I wouldn’t mind if traps were deleted for good.
Last edited by Corrivati on Apr 27, 2016, 6:31:05 AM
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2016, 9:32:15 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
traps are fine ... just need to learn how to play through lab thats all.

i even say they are too easy since u can cheese through them with movment skills.

IGN : Sir_Big
"
Corrivati wrote:
Hello guys,

I think that traps are the main problem of Labyrinth. Atleast for me. Trap system is badly designed because it kills all the RPG choices player made and just a few stats can help him get thru the traps. That gives some build advantages before others. But still traps are too dangerous even for those builds. I feel more like playing some arcade game instead of action RPG. I know that many ppl come here and say “omg u’re noob, u gotta practice more”. In my opinion traps doesn’t fit to this game in current state.

So after my angry post, I want to actually offer you a constructive suggestion how to make the traps better.

1.All the traps should have a flat damage caused instead of percentages.

2.Damage caused by traps should also be negated by stats. For example damage of spike trap is reduced by Physical reduction.

3.It would be also great if you would rather make traps based on certain elements which can be negated by elemental resistances.

4.Also what about adding traps with similar mechanic when u click on the boxes. U step on the mine and creatures spawn around you.

This is for me the best way could work. But I admit that I wouldn’t mind if traps were deleted for good.

I like number 3. I'd like to see this added (not rather) to the Lab.

Wolf
I'll take "Swords" for two hundred Alex.
-Faux Sean Connery
"
Achilion wrote:

i even say they are too easy since u can cheese through them with movment skills.

+1

Making it possible to negate traps with stats would mean that it would get much easier for very well equipped characters / physical mitigation characters or very very hard for evasion-based characters. Do you want traps to be harder? Probably not. You mostly want them to be easier.

Trap damage can already be mitigated with Basalt flasks and Endurance charges.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
"
Achilion wrote:

+1

Making it possible to negate traps with stats would mean that it would get much easier for very well equipped characters / physical mitigation characters or very very hard for evasion-based characters. Do you want traps to be harder? Probably not. You mostly want them to be easier.

Trap damage can already be mitigated with Basalt flasks and Endurance charges.

Exactly! And that’s what RPGs are about. U progress and get stronger. I want traps to be balanced and easily recognized how to get past them.

If you think it’s easy, good for you, you’re a pro in arcade games. I would rather opinions of ppl who don’t like current state of traps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info