Zana mission in Academy door already opened

Spoiler

Running a Zana daily and it's a one-shot in the Academy to slay the corrupted boss, that is behind a door that was "opened" when i got there, and will not trigger when i pull the candle. great, waste of a daily.
Legacy SC IGN: TotenkinderAlstar
SC IGN: AlephAlphaNil

When I was young / Yeah I used to believe it / That the stars in the night sky
Were suns that refused to sink / And then I sank
Last bumped on Apr 28, 2016, 12:42:53 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
if the lever was already pulled, couldn't you click on the entrance?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
The lever is not pulled. If it was, it wouldn't have the text above it anymore.

I'd wager this is same kind of "aoe freeze" that I've mentioned in several topics. Did you try to run away from the door and come back to see if it works?

-e- Seeing how often this pops up I'm kind of amazed that it isn't in the "known bugs/issues" list yet.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
Last edited by mynameisonlyforthegods on Apr 26, 2016, 8:18:29 PM
"

I'd wager this is same kind of "aoe freeze" that I've mentioned in several topics. Did you try to run away from the door and come back to see if it works?

-e- Seeing how often this pops up I'm kind of amazed that it isn't in the "known bugs/issues" list yet.

correct, and there would be text above the entrance saying "Stairs" or somesuch.. I tried running away to the beginning and then back to the door, but no luck.
Legacy SC IGN: TotenkinderAlstar
SC IGN: AlephAlphaNil

When I was young / Yeah I used to believe it / That the stars in the night sky
Were suns that refused to sink / And then I sank
"

ah, yes. i missed that in the picture.

what do you mean with aoe freeze?
"
vio wrote:

The same issue that's behind T-pose mobs. I guess "local freeze" would be more descriptive. I'm not good with technical stuff, so take what you can out of this...

Sometimes mobs freeze on your client to a T-pose. I've heard somewhere that this happens when mobs die, which is actually completely false. Those mobs are alive (until you kill them), however invisible on your screen. If you're running in a party, it might very well be that other party members see these mobs moving, while you only see a T-pose standing around. That's probably why flicker causes crashes; when you find a T-pose mob, you don't see the actual mob on your screen, while it DOES exist. Using flicker will make you attack the mob on server side, while on your end... Nothing happens. Because you only see a T-pose of a mob.

This much has become obvious from when I run in a 2-man party with a buddy. Neither of us run "instakill whole screen" builds, so sometimes one of us just runs ahead, leaving mobs behind, while the other one is killing them. This happens because either me or him see nothing but T-poses left. Also extremely hilarious to see your mate run around like a headless chicken in boss room, then stop and tell you that the boss is invisible to him and he sees only a T-pose.

What's the relevancy of above to this topic? This "local freeze" can also extend to chests, doors, strongboxes, levers, masters and even portals. Any of these can become unclickable and thereby unusable. As a super-rare example, I once left a portal near Volcano boss when mapping with the buddy mentioned above. We killed the boss, I popped a fresh portal but it was unclickable for me. I couldn't exit the map. My buddy could freely go in and out of the portal. I ended up having to logout due to the portal being frozen on my end.

With utilities, this "local freeze" can be refeshed by going offscreen/sleep range and coming back. This mostly restores the thing that's frozen on your end and it'll become usable again. Mostly. I've had to skip a strongbox at least once because it was frozen and this method didn't work.
"
"
vio wrote:

The same issue that's behind T-pose mobs. I guess "local freeze" would be more descriptive. I'm not good with technical stuff, so take what you can out of this...

Sometimes mobs freeze on your client to a T-pose. I've heard somewhere that this happens when mobs die, which is actually completely false. Those mobs are alive (until you kill them), however invisible on your screen. If you're running in a party, it might very well be that other party members see these mobs moving, while you only see a T-pose standing around. That's probably why flicker causes crashes; when you find a T-pose mob, you don't see the actual mob on your screen, while it DOES exist. Using flicker will make you attack the mob on server side, while on your end... Nothing happens. Because you only see a T-pose of a mob.

This much has become obvious from when I run in a 2-man party with a buddy. Neither of us run "instakill whole screen" builds, so sometimes one of us just runs ahead, leaving mobs behind, while the other one is killing them. This happens because either me or him see nothing but T-poses left. Also extremely hilarious to see your mate run around like a headless chicken in boss room, then stop and tell you that the boss is invisible to him and he sees only a T-pose.

What's the relevancy of above to this topic? This "local freeze" can also extend to chests, doors, strongboxes, levers, masters and even portals. Any of these can become unclickable and thereby unusable. As a super-rare example, I once left a portal near Volcano boss when mapping with the buddy mentioned above. We killed the boss, I popped a fresh portal but it was unclickable for me. I couldn't exit the map. My buddy could freely go in and out of the portal. I ended up having to logout due to the portal being frozen on my end.

With utilities, this "local freeze" can be refeshed by going offscreen/sleep range and coming back. This mostly restores the thing that's frozen on your end and it'll become usable again. Mostly. I've had to skip a strongbox at least once because it was frozen and this method didn't work.

ah, the "jesus bug". (i guess i like t-pose bug better to not step on anybodys foot)

i always thought it's some issue with monster positions/movements not correctly being serialized to the client but your description rather points of a bug on the server where the activation of monsters doesn't work when one's character comes into their "activation radius".

too bad ggg doesn't release any updates on bug issues, there is no access to the internal ticketing system for alpha, i don't know if valued posters get some more info now.

they really could have one dev spend one hour daily to answer bug reports here like mark_ggg does it for skills (although in his free time).

thanks for the detailed bug description.
I forgot to add something. There's a really simple way for anyone to test this. I found this out on my Tornado Shotter, I don't know if other skills work the same way, but at least TS certainly does.

Hover over a T-pose mob so that the name pops up and start shooting it with TS. What your character will do is actually shoot into a random empty space, NOT at the T-pose mob, but to the empty space where the T-pose mob actually lies dead.

I suppose you could even find a pack with T-pose mobs on it, kill all the visible mobs with a single-target melee skill (because invisible mobs might get in the way if you use ranged skills) and then attack the T-poses. I'd assume this would result in either you hitting empty air for lulz on your screen, or a crash like what happens with flicker. This thought occurred to me as I was writing this post so I've never tested it.
You need to report this to the ghost busters...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info