[2.2] Quad Curse Arc Occ. (First build - please criticize it!)

Hi there and welcome to my first ever build in PoE,
I'm relatively new to this game, but not to this genre. Took me some time but last week I felt confident enough to try and create a new build myself. Thing is, i'm not confident enough to actually do the re-spec without hearing some feedback from you lot.

By the way, this build ain't cheap due to some unique items, but cheap isn't what I was aiming for.

Build Highlights
Spoiler

Quad Curse Auras (not reflected) thanks to Heretic's Veil
Lvl28 Arc with lvl22/24 supports
Highly buffed ES
Blood Magic to support plenty of Auras with the Mortal Conviction passive
Pain Attunement (30% (u)More(/u) Spell Damage) due to low life
6L CwDT Setup, ES Recharger

Gear and Gems
Spoiler

Honestly this build came to mind when I got my 6L +1+2L Staff, figured I could get Arc to L28 and that didn't find an existing suitable build for it.

Weapon - 6L +1+2L Eclipse Staff (80% Crit increase) (Colors = 4B1G1R)
Arc + Spell Echo + Faster Casting + Lightning Penetration + Increased Critical Strikes + Empower

This should be a real hitter, Arc and Light Pen are receiving the full +3 from the staff, all the other support gems including Empower are getting a +1.
pretty hard getting a good weapon like this, but there's a nifty trick on getting the +3 with just a few exalts, if you prefer to craft it.

Chest - 6L Shavronne's Wrappings (Colors = 1B5R)
CwDT + Enduring Cry + Immortal Call + Increased Duration + Discharge + Life Leech

In theory, enduring cry should proc before Immortal call, if linked in a specific order (see Wiki), increased duration should give you even a longer immune to phys damage. while Discharge + Life Leech will top the shields back up since we are using the Ghost Reaver Passive.
My plan is to keep the CwDT gem @ lvl 10, and the procced gems accordingly - lvl12/13. Increased Duration and Life leech can go up to 21 since they aren't proc'd by CwDT.

Helm - Heretic's Veil Deicide Mask (Colors = 2B1G1R)
Conductivity + Enfeeble + Temporal Chains + Warlord's Mark

This here is really the highlight of this build, all 4 curses are cast as aura's, all empowered +2 thanks to the unique affix. everything around you should be quad cursed before even getting to you.
Another very important feature, Auras can't be reflected back to you, so all this curse power is really going 1-way.
Might replace Conductivity with Assasin's mark later on, for now i'm leaning toward the one that will yield more damage since I have no idea how Arc l28 will perform.

Gloves - no unique preference (Colors = 2B2G)
Herald of Thunder + Item Rarity + Culling Strike + Arctic Armor

Better loot, Culling strike works with Heralds so should be working when you aren't 1-shotting mobs. most likely this would work 100% on bosses.
Arctic Armor doesn't need to be linked obviously.

Boots - no preference though some might prefer using Windscream for having the +1 Curse in here instead of other means. Personally I want the 30% movement speeds and the Windscream can't roll higher than 10%.
(Colors = 2B2R)
Lightning Warp + Less Duration + Discpline + Vitality

Movement Skill. Discpline is a good ES Boost, and Vitality is required since Life is our 'Mana' now.

Ring - Doedre's Damning
The gem itself sucks, the only reason I use it is the +1 Curse.
the only outs from this is using the Windscream boots instead, which have stats closer to what you can get on a rare item. but the most optimal way to go would be to get a corrupted amulet with a +1 to Curses, if you can get a good one, throw this ring away and get a proper rare one instead.

Jewels - sadly I only managed to push 2 jewel sockets into the tree, it's sad because these sockets are really amazing for this build :
Energy from Within (12% ES Increase, life nodes turn into ES)
Clear Mind (up to 60% Spell Damage)

I'm hoping that some smart people will find a few skills I can drop to take a few more Clear Mind Jewels.

Skill Mana Concerns
Spoiler

Per my calculations, Arc L28 with the above support gems, will require 81 Mana(life) per cast. Multiply it with 2-3 cast speed and you'll get a pretty high life consumption per sec.

Vitality will give 1.7% life @ lvl21, but it won't be close enough to make it even.

there are only a few ways to offset this:
% Reduced Mana Cost for Skills (Passives)
%Life Regen (Passives)
Flat Reduction with Eleron's prefixes (Rings/Amulets)
#Life Regen (Various Items)

I actually found that the % life regen from passives yeilds the highest reduction per passive, and so i've specced into another %3.6 Life regen from passives. This plus the vitality aura should be enough. I hope :)

Build Link

So this is it, i'm pretty sure there's going to be a lot of good suggestions, especially on the passive tree. So please, feel free to crucify me if this build is idiotic :p I just need some feedback as i'm not sure this will work as intended.
Last edited by NirXY on Apr 25, 2016, 7:37:28 PM
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2016, 7:28:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info