[2.2][NEC]Femur of the Saints and Queen's Decree Armour Based Summoner

"
Hello! This is my build guide for Femur of the Saints and Queen's Decree Armour based Summoner Necromancer.

Femur of the Saints
Stats at Level 85

+Flask and Bone Offering
Skill Tree + Progression
Skill Tree

Requirements:
- 194% Life
- 260% Armour
- 105% Minion Damage (without Jewels)
- 10 Skeletons
- 6 Zombies
- 2 Spectres
- 5 Jewel slots at level 87

At Level 87, Minion Damage can go up to +300% with 1 more Minion Damage stat from Jewels.

Build Progression
To start, get and equip Raise Zombie and Freezing Pulse. Progress a bit further into the game until you finish "Breaking Some Eggs" quest and get Summon Raging Spirits from Tarkleigh. At this point, drop Freezing Pulse and equip Summon Raging Spirits. SRS will be our main casting skill for the entire game.

Progress a bit further into the game until you defeat Brutus in "Caged Brute" quest and buy Spell Totem from Nessa, and get Summon Skeletons from Tarkleigh. SRS and Spell Totem linked with Summon Skeletons already satisfy the basic skills requirement for leveling.

I used a Reverberation Rod starting at level 24 with SRS + Minion Speed + Minion Damage,
and a Strength based shield. Alternatively, a wand or a scepter with cast speed or mana regeneration will do just fine. At around level 35, I started crafting +1 minion gem helmet and put Raise Zombie + minion Speed + Minion Life + Minion Damage. I also crafted Life flasks with Instant Recovery and/or Grants Life Recovery to Minions.
Remember to acquire skill gems from quest rewards and vendors
Minion Damage
Act I - The Caged Brute
Vendor Nessa

Flame Dash
Act I - The Caged Brute
Vendor Nessa

Flesh Offering
Act I - The Siren's Cadence
Quest Nessa
Vendor Nessa

Bone Offering
Act I - The Siren's Cadence
Vendor Nessa

Minion Speed
Act II - Sharp and Cruel
Quest Silk
Vendor Yeena

Culling Strike
Act II - Sharp and Cruel
Vendor Yeena

Melee Physical Damage
Act II - Sharp and Cruel
Vendor Yeena

Desecrate
Act II - Intruders in Black, The Root of the Problem
Quest Greust
Vendor Yeena

Minion Life
Act II - The Root of the Problem
Vendor Yeena

Convocation
Act III - Lost in Love
Quest Clarissa
Vendor Clarissa

Enfeeble
Act III - Lost in Love
Vendor Clarissa

Hatred
Act III - Lost in Love
Vendor Clarissa

Raise Spectre
Act III - Severe the Right Hand
Quest Maramoa
Vendor Clarissa

Blasphemy
Act III - Fixture of Fate
Quest Siosa
Vendor Clarissa

Generosity
Act III - Fixture of Fate
Vendor Clarissa

Summon Chaos Golem
Act IV - Breaking the Seal
Quest Oyun
Vendor Petarus and Vanja

Spell Echo
Act IV - The Eternal Nightmare
Quest Oyun
Vendor Petarus and Vanja

Greater Multiple Projectiles
Act IV - The Eternal Nightmare
Vendor Petarus and Vanja
Bandits
Help Oak (Normal)
Kill (Cruel)
Kill (Merciless)
Play Style:
Basically, I summon ST Skeletons within the range of enemy monsters and just repeatedly cast SRS. ST Skeletons are mainly used for distracting enemies and to provide meat shields in addition to our Zombies, and later on, Spectres and Chaos Golem. I cast Flesh Offering as soon as I see corpses to boost minion speed, or cast Bone Offering to boost minion survivability.
Monsters for Spectres
Flame Sentinels linked with Raise Spectre + Minion Damage + Spell Echo + Greater Multiple Projectiles
Gear Progression:
Look for gears that are Strength based (Armour) or Strength + Intelligent based (Armour + ES). This build won't benefit from pure Dexterity or Intelligent based gears.
Ascendancy - Necromancer
Mistress of Sacrifice
Flesh Binder
Spirit Eater
Gears and Gems

Recommended Uniques

Sidhebreath increases some Minion stats plus Mana regeneration.

Reverberation Rod is good for leveling. I linked it with Summon Raging Spirits + Minion Damage + Minion Speed.

Use with Bone Offering to boost Block chance up to 68% on Attack and 49% on Spell damage.

Bones of Ullr adds 1 more Spectre and a Zombie, effectively increasing overall dps and physical damage reduction. But I still prefer to use rare boots with 30% movement speed, more Life and Resistances.
Jewels

Fluid Motion provides most of the required Dexterity for this build. Slot it at no. 12 in the Skill Tree + Progression guide.

Jewel Stats:
Aim for Minion Damage and Resistances.

Queen's Decree
Stats at Level 86

+Flask

Skill Tree + Progression
Skill Tree

Requirements:
- 180% Life (194% Life at Level 90)
- 228% Armour (260% Armour at Level 90)
- 105% Minion Damage (without Jewels)
- 12 Skeletons
- 7 Zombies
- 3 Spectres
- 5 Jewel slots at Level 86 (6 at Level 92 and 7 at Level 95)

Since we're not using Minion Speed on our SRS, we'll need to take Potency of Will (12) to sustain our flying skulls. This will push our Skill Tree 4 more points to Level 90 to complete.

After getting Gravepack (13), Skill Tree progression will depend on how much Strength and Dexterity we have on our gears. I took 2 Strength nodes (14 and 15) and Warrior's Blood (16) before taking Constitution (17). At this point, I have enough Strength to equip a Level 51 Colosseum Plate that requires 134 Strength.

Build Progression
Build progression, bandits, gears and play style are basically the same with the Femur of the Saints build.

Weapon transition starts early at Level 27 with Queen's Decree and it's the only weapon that we'll be using for the rest of the game. Leveling has been a blast with Queen's Decree, having 2 more Skeletons, 1 more Spectre and a Zombie helped a lot. Leveling with this setup was quicker than leveling with a Reverberation Rod.

I summoned Undying Incinerators as my Spectres for the most part of leveling. By the time I reached Merciless Act 3 Solaris Temple - Eternal Laboratory, I switched to summoning Flame Sentinels.

At Level 24 and 31, we'll need to acquire Determination, Fortify and Poison gems from our other classes, or trade with other players to acquire the gems.

I used Vaal Summon Skeletons almost exclusively against Perenadus mobs and Bosses. There are some instances where my minions (specifically Zombies) die against Perendus mob encounters, even with Vaal Summon Skeletons. At this point, I just fall back, Convocate the rest of my minions, regroup, re-summon my Zombies, come back and finish the fight.
Ascendancy - Necromancer
Mistress of Sacrifice
Flesh Binder
Soul Weaver
Gears and Gems
Recommended Uniques

Sidhebreath isn't required. Replace it with a rare amulet to further boost character stats if necessary.

Same situation with Femur of the Saints. +1 to Specters and Zombies, or use rare boots with more Movement Speed, Life and Resistances.
Jewels

I used Survival Instincts to fill in some missing Dexterity while leveling. I've replaced it with a rare Minion Damage Jewel soon after I had enough Dexterity to support the build.

Survival Instincts can be acquired via Quest Reward "Through Sacred Ground" from Yeena Act 2 Normal difficulty.

Jewel Stats:
Aim for Minion Damage, Resistances and/or Attributes - Strength, Dexterity.

"
Feedback is appreciated. Thanks, Good Luck and Have Fun.
Last edited by antaresphil on May 13, 2016, 4:43:27 PM
Last bumped on Aug 16, 2016, 12:17:58 PM
Reserved.
Updated.
How's this build coming along?

I have a lv 76 witch that has a free respec with femur and was looking for a build like this.
Well hello Mister Fancypants. Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info