Surley's Mjolner Inquisitor Ground Slam Superstar, low life option

Updating guide: Low life Guardian section at the bottom.

Well Mjolner has changed and so has this build, it still seems to work. The new 100% cast on hit is great with RT. More attack speed equals more spell casts.

So i use Arc ,controlled destruction and Lightning Penatration in the Mjolner. We get 5% lightning penatration from the tree and another 10% from the Inquisitors inevitable Judgement, my total is 58! Lighting penatration with a sambar scepter.

Gear Spoiler (updated) Some nice enchantments on helm, boots and gloves. Dual Wield those maces! Ground slam, double strike, and leap slam use your main hand attack weapon.

So you have 3 different attacks, here's the links I'm using. The build runs well on a 4 link until you get your linked armour

Main Attack...new tech

Ground slam , multistrike, cast on mele kill, spark, added lightning, weapon elemental damage

This is your main ranged attack which can take out a whole pack of monsters! It has great attack area and also stuns.

Movement attack
Leap slam, faster attacks fortify

Single Target attack
Double strike , faster attacks, mulitstike, blind

Once your fortified you can go for the blinding facetank which is good for bosses.

I use Wrath and Herald of thunder. Dual curse thunder with ,curse on hit, conductivity, enfeeble. You can try other curses such as warlords mark, poachers mark, ele. weakness, projectile weakness, its up to you.

Passive Tree: level 90

under construction check back

Here are some of the jewels i use. I went with life, life gain on hit, and some dex, or attack speed. Plus Energy shield on hit is great too,es helps not get stunned.
Spoiler

Bandits: Oak (life), Kraityn (*%attack speed), and Oak (end charge)

For Ascendency I went with the Inquisitor, for Inevitable judgement(10% non crit element penatration!), and Instruments of virtue, another example of attack/cast speed goodness.

A great thing about this build is that it can do any map except elemental reflect. You can sub in Poachers Mark for no mana/life regen. For Blood magic maps drop thunder and wrath and run blood rage. Maybe even for ele reflect maps you could sub in a Cybils paw and run purity of lightning. Also the Labyrinth is a breeze with this char.

flask spoiler.. Atrizi flask is a nice boost of damage and leech. Rumi's adds block which the build lacks a bit.

Spoiler

Blood Rage works great in this build, it is a option for higher level characters. Frenzy charges add alot of attack/cast speed and pure damage. Use Chaos golem to lessen blood rage degen. Keep up charges with enduring cry and end charges on stun. Some maps might not be good for blood rage so sub in vaal grace.

For leveling use spark up until you can get your mjolner. You might need some int and dex nodes whoch you can sub out of later. Good luck and have fun.

leveling gear

Spoiler

New Low life build section!!!!! Important not, Guardian for Ascendency

Gear spoiler, gems are correct so check it out. Full phys reduction and evasion, plus vitality, haste, wrath, prism guardian pizza shield with the works! Oh ya wearing Dream Fragments for freeze immunity, sweet!

Spoiler

skill tree:
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAA18D6sRDxFQFLAVUBa_Fy8YXRmKGmwajxslHRQdqiL0JIsnqS3SNbk8BTzvQ2NDyEZxRtdJUUuuTC1OUk8EVdZZ81xrX2pfsGTnZp5o8mwLbRlvnnC7cU1xhXIPcql713zZfq9_xoCkgOCCHoKbgwmESITFiEKMdo0Zj0aP-pHOkiuTJ5o7ms-bMJuhm7Wdrp8-n9-hL6UYpwinK6yYrKqt8a9ssUK0DLcxu-2-isBmwcXDOsNtykrK08y30NDVddWm2VvZX9q53YzgEuGI5CLpAuoY6rrsGO088NX22vcy98H31_jr-d360vsJ_QA=

Last edited by Rorshax on Jun 8, 2017, 5:56:15 PM
Last bumped on Oct 6, 2016, 1:25:52 AM
Updated with new content..May 1,2016.

So uh Mjolner Ground slam rules. Ground slam delivers, trust me.

Ps.Oh ya and Double Strike is the other destroyer.
Last edited by Rorshax on May 1, 2016, 8:02:03 PM
This might be a good build for the 2 week Perandus event. Save you coin for a Mjolner!
Item and tree update, thanks Mom.
Why ground slam and double strike? Why choose them over meta?

And Im very curious how is spark doing, numbers say it should be better than arc, but arc seems to be meta right now. Also did you try ball lightning?
I've tried Molten and lightning strike and find Ground slam, Double strike to play so much better. GS is a ranged attack which goes in a wave with alot of AOE. Double Strike is just faster and funner than any other attack. Ground slam, and DS use only your main hand attack weapon. We can gain attack speed from tree and dual wielding.

Try it and see.

ps.ball lightning is too slow and wimpy
I see. So you are going by feeling, no math included?
Lets go over it, and lets hear your opinion as someone who played it, lets start with the easier one:
-Molten strike + GMP sends 6 projectiles and hit once. If we assume 50% of balls hit the target (with more possible if adds are present) resulting in 4 actual hits.
In comparison dual strike hits the target 2 times

-Lightning strike + GMP + chain (+ 1 more chain from mjolner)
It this setup one mob can be hit more than once, but its very relevant of pack size and positioning of mobs. So in some cases ground strike might really be better, this I intend to check for myself, unless you have more extensive math.

In my build i intend to use shield so dual wielding is no issue, but that's a sound argument, i will keep it in mind. Its actually biggest reason to use your set of skills imo.

Lastly how is spark doing in comparison with arc, does chain from mjolner help it deal damage or do they hit at all? With ball lightning GMP might be necessary, which isn't optimal i guess.
Also storm call is to slow and irrelevant I assume
Last edited by MrokPandy on Aug 21, 2016, 7:40:43 AM
Hi I have "Double Strike" with multistrike , faster attacks, blind. It hits 4 times very fast , doesnt miss (thanks RT), and blinds the monster. I also have attack lightning damage with Wrath and Thunder which adds to the damage, around 8k maybe, with penatration from tree and gear.

Check out my Sambar, they pumped up the penatration. Its now 6 sweet!

Spoiler

Because of this Ive actually taken out the lightning penatration gem and now use...

Shock Nova! Doesnt chain but sure does shock.

Lots of spells going off so you better have a good computer and mostly play solo.

Spark and Arc are both great. I wus even thinking of going all spark and getting projectile damage but havent tried it.

"
MrokPandy wrote:
Why ground slam and double strike? Why choose them over meta?

And Im very curious how is spark doing, numbers say it should be better than arc, but arc seems to be meta right now. Also did you try ball lightning?

cuz he noob, molten strike is #1 for Mjo no matter what.
ign:
Perandus SC: Chthonian_ 87+ flamme totam x2
GIMP_shdw, shadow 90+ clawtank
_FIRE_IN_THE_HOLE_, witch 96+ mjollnir
Thanks for answers, I guess I need to see for myself.
I will even give double strike a shot, though it really does seem inferior in every aspect.

Shock nova does seem like fun, on "to check" list.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info