[2.2] The Hierophant that sucks - (super cheap & fun)

This Guide is Current for Path of Exile 2.2 Ascendancy

I've been asked by many people who have played with me to showcase my build because it looks cool to play. So here's a quick showcase.

Be warned, this build sucks. Literally.

How does it works?

The build works around The Empire's Grasp Gloves' reverse knockback ability and the Lion's Roar 100% knockback ability. These two together will ensure that whatever you deal damage with, the mobs will vacuum towards you or your totems. Whatever isn't frozen and shattered by the time all the mobs are clustered together, you can deal raw power with your Firestorm aided by The Singularity Platinum Sceptre which hinders nearby enemies and boosts your damage by a vast amount.

My sucky Gorge run [5:00]

I'm not a great million dps show off player but here's a quick glimpse on how I play this build.

Needed Gear - super cheap!!

Yes seriously, these are all you really need to make this build. You don't even need to buy Singularity Sceptre. It's super cheap to get going and you can tailor it to become an extremely sucky build.

- 2-20c
You need the reverse knockback on these gloves to suck the mobs in, the lvl10 gem is okay for your secondary skill.

- 1-2c
The 100% knockback is really good in conjunction with the gloves, it's a cheap flask and very effective.

- 1-40c
Once mobs are compacted together, you can come in and deal a great amount of damage. If you want to equip two, go ahead!!

More Info
Spoiler

Difficult mobs / Bosses
Spoiler
When taking on bosses or more difficult foes, the aid of Flame Surge totems can help you stay out of harms way but still deal raw power. The fight will be slower than your average fakener, but slow and steady wins the race! This build isn't suited for ladder play, it's really just for crowd control, so be warned that some bosses you'll have to call in help.

Charges
Spoiler
I currently use Orb of Storms with pcoc connected and that keeps my power charges at max.

You may want to somehow get Frenzy charges, your totems might love you for it.

Reflects
Spoiler
Cast your totems to do all your dirty work, you can swap your Firestorm into your spell totem to deal duration dps. Though ideally you don't want to do reflect maps alone.

Current Gear

This is my current gear to increase my survivability, AoE and DPS, you don't even need them to make the build work, but it's nice to have the items. I'd value my current build around 2-3ex although you can get away with spending as little as 20c on the build and self find everything else.

Spoiler

As you can see, I have nothing special on my gear, all life and resistances. You can equip other items.

I like to have Carcass Jack and Divinarius for the increased AoE and overall other stats help too. Plus having a dagger gives you access to whirling Blades.

Nothing special on my jewellery, just resistances, life, spell, cast, crit.

My flasks I like to carry a Divination Distillate to pop everytime I pop my Lion's Roar so that when I kill the mobs, I get some IIR/IIQ. They usually fill back up quickly.

Jewels you want crit, life, cast speed, dmg. Knockback is nice too.

Gem Links

These are my current links, I do swap them around a little bit now and then to increase DPS or change my skills around. But as long as you have the knockback gem on your main skill, it is fine to swap the gems around.

Spoiler
Main Skills
Chest:
5L - Ice Nova - Spell Totem - Knockback - Faster Casting - Inc AoE / Crit Chance

Helm: (Penetrate 20% Elemental Resistances)
4L - Fire Storm - Spell Echo - Conc - whatever

Secondary Skills
Gloves: (20% increased Area of Effect / lvl10 Knockback)
4L - Flame Surge - Spell Totem - Fire Pen - Conc

Utility Skills
Boots: (Leech 2% of Damage as Life)
2L - Orb of Storms - pcoc

Buffs & Auras
Chest:
Vaal Haste

Boots:
Herald of Thunder
Haste

Weapons:
3L - cwdt - inc dur - immortal call
3L - Whirling Blades - Faster Attacks - Fortify

Ascendancy Class - Hierophant
Spoiler

1) Ritual of Awakening - Your priority Notable
- Can have up to 2 additional Totems summoned at a time
- 10% less Totem Damage per active Totem

2) Pursuit of Faith
- 4% increased Damage per Enemy Killed by you or your Totems Recently
- 8% increased Attack and Cast Speed with an active Totem

3) Illuminated Devotion
- Skills from your Helmet Penetrate 20% Elemental Resistances
- Skills from your Gloves have 20% increased Area of Effect
- Skills from your Boots Leech 2% of Damage as Life

Stats
Spoiler

Offence

Defence

Tree
Spoiler
lvl80
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAQQHBFEEswVCBx4I9AmqDkgRlha_GF0aOBvIHNwfAiL0JNgmlScvKgssnDLRNj02xToWOlg62DwFPO89X0GWQ8hEoUVHRZ1JUUyzTwRSU1NSVUtVxl3yYeJirGSdZlRoWmjyakNsC2yMbRlwUn5Zf8aCm4Pbg_OFbYV7hoKJ04uMjDaPGo_6kFWTJ5Uul5WX9Jo7muCdqp_foS-iAKcIrhKus679vOq-isBUwGbAms_d0B_Q9dWB1abYJNn82t3jhOvu6_XsLuw47TzvfO_r8B_w1fGK8h353Q==

lvl92 - current
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAQQHBFEEswVCBx4I9AmqDkgRlhZvFr8YXRo4GmwbyBzcHwIi9CSqJNgmlScvKgssnDY9NsU26ToWOlg62DwFPO89X0GWQ8hEoUWdRtdJUUyzTwRSU1NSVUtVxlcpWfNd8mHiYqxknWZUaFpo8mpDbAtsjG0ZcFJxhXIPfll_xoKbg9uD84VthXuGgonTi4yMNo8aj_qQVZMnlS6XlZf0mjua4J2qna6f36EvogCnCK4SrrOu_bzqvorAVMBmwJrP3dAf0PXVgdWm2CTZ_Nrd42rjhOQi6-7r9ewu7DjtPO987-vwH_DV8YryHfnd

lvl98
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUCAQQHBFEEswVCBx4I9AmqDdEOSBGWFm8WvxhdGjgabBvIHNwfAiBuIvQkqiTYJpUnLyoLLJw2PTbFNuk6FjpYOtg8BTzvPV9BlkPIRKFFnUbXSVFMs08EUDBSU1NSVUtVxlcpWfNd8mHiYqxjQ2SdZlRoWmjyakNsC2yMbRlwUnGFcg9-WX_GgpuD24PzhW2Fe4aCidOLjIw2jxqP-pBVkyeVLpeVl_SaO5rgnaqdrp_foS-iAKcIrhKus679sUK86r6KwFTAZsCaz93QH9D11YHVptgk2fza3dte42rjhOQi6-7r9ewu7DjtPO987-vwH_DV8YryHfMR-d0=

Leveling
Spoiler
Soon

Bandits
Spoiler
Oak/Alira/Alira
Last edited by Jin0 on Apr 24, 2016, 10:00:36 AM
Last bumped on Apr 25, 2016, 4:06:19 PM
-reserved-
funny build. i'll try.

Report Forum Post

Report Account: