Ascendancy points should be Dominus(1) and Malachai (1) kill rewards

The tower of God is a great way to apply the analogy of Ascending

while getting rid of your Nightmare, your fear is a great way to grow up to move forward, to ascend at greater aspirations

- Plus, Dominus would give you the first one which will result in a node, a partial ascension since he never really managed to complete an ascension with the experiments he was doing on people.One node will result in you acknowledging youself and where you want to go, that node represent you setting the path to the better version of you. To be the better you, you have to get rid of the bad, to truly ascend you have to dig deeper, get to the core.

- Malachai is the true Nightmare, the boss of Act4 the current greater Evil. Plus, it would be a great motivation to complete Merciless Malachai which is imho harder than Izaro, just not as tedious to get to him. Beating your Nightmare allows you to truly ascend by getting the Second Ascendancy point, the one that, logically, will result in being a notable

Enchantment and Ascendancy respec stays in lab since a labyrinth is a place of mystery and special occurrences. In greek mythology, the labyrinth was the parcour the Theseus got through follow the Ariadne's thread ( Argus is the Minotaur). At the end of the Labyrinth he finally get to his love(goddess in POE), an "enchanting" lady. And most of us man know that what most wants to change a man? A women, therefor the ascendancy respec belongs at the end of the Lab, where the Goddess Lies
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Apr 19, 2016, 10:06:38 AM
Last bumped on Apr 19, 2016, 10:33:01 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
That's fucking awful and would be much less incentive to even run the lab.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
I love having Ascendancy in the Lab because it keeps people from re-specing between classes from say one boss fight to the next - something people might do for say Uber Atziri, or etc.

But you seem to recognize that changing your Ascendancy should be in Lab.

I hate the Lab if you're on a Bad connection. So un-fun and unfair if you drop randomly. And GGG doesn't want to turn these people away. But solutions for such seem few and far between. One soltion, indeed, is to make it only optional content.

I've actually enjoyed the Lab a lot at times, after I got over the initial hump of hating it. And that was no small hump.

I think the game will change a lot when they cut out a difficulty. A whole difficulty of quest rewards (Skill points, Bandits, Ascendancy) will all need to be moved around. If the Lab is mandatory, then we might also have enough content to loose an Act. If the Lab isn't mandatory, then this gets likely moved to Act 5 release.

I wonder if one day we'll have to complete the Lab in Normal, but have it be optional in higher tier difficulties. Meanwhile, even in Normal, perhaps there can be a key that lets you just run the boss fights with far less Lab. "Don't go that way. If you would have gone that way you would have gone straight to the castle." Key version wouldn't count towards Leaderboards.
"
thats exactly the problem people are portraying... they dont want the fucking boring lab to be in their way, to be a barricade of boredom that separate them from the fun of Ascendancy.

If labyrinth is disappointing its because they avoided all the fun factors people were expecting. Fun things suchs as real puzzles and ie: Room locks and in order to advance you have to complete the waves of minions ( coward trial style).

People dont want OP boring traps all over the place that are frustrating but even more frustrating because when they frustrate your... you cant even beat them to death...
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"

Because the lab itself doesn't provide a good enough incentive.

But that is correct, they can't move the points until they make the lab more rewarding or fun or w/e to play without the points there.

Points should still be moved just not prematurely.
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"

But that is correct, they can't move the points until they make the lab more rewarding or fun or w/e to play without the points there.

The entire incentive is the your char becomes more OP that's already the incentive right there like if you throw that away the content that they made isn't exactly going to be used very much like most people would skip it most of the time.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"

The entire incentive is the your char becomes more OP that's already the incentive right there like if you throw that away the content that they made isn't exactly going to be used very much like most people would skip it most of the time.

I don't want that either. I think as far as aesthetics and execution are concerned the lab is the best content they've made and people should play the hell out of it, but they should want to play it because they enjoy it not because they're manipulated into doing it.
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Apr 19, 2016, 10:08:54 AM
"
"
GeorgAnatoly wrote:
"

This is a videogame, for pleasure! You dont gate fun behind tedious shits, Ascendancy should be a bonus.

Want ascendancy to still at the end of lab... change the lab completly to make it fun, even more rewarding (fun) than the ascendancy itself
"
That's fucking awful
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info