[2.2] High Voltage CocTaxi - The Voltaxic Coc Spark/Vaal Spark Hybrid - All Map Mods, Fun!

Greetings Exiles,

I am the creator of the Lioneye's Avalanche build. Since Voltaxic, Spark and Vaal Spark skills are FoTM, I tried and created my version of the CoC Pierce Projectile based build. I was curious if it could be better than my build to be honest. More on that below.

The build uses Voltaxic Rift to convert all lightning damage to chaos. Uses barrage to proc EK and Spark.

I have built it extremely efficient in clearspeed so that it can run a Gorge in 2:04 at only level 85 and has room for improvement.

Pros and Cons:
Spoiler

Pros:
-Fast, up-front damage
-Sparks cover the whole room, leaving no leftover monsters
-EK decimates close threats
-Can run all map mods
-When safely played, not really possible to die (Ran poorjoys asylum without any deaths at level 75 or so for example)
Cons:
-Don't think it will ever be Uber Atziri viable
-It requires a 6link to function properly
-Needs levels and jewel slots to be able to shine

Videos:

Gear Needed:
Spoiler

This bow is the only thing you need for the build. +1 to maximum power charges is a cool bonus, but not needed. You have 90% chance to crit without it, 94.4% chance with.
A 6L chest will also be good. I am using Belly of the Beast:

This provides with a good life pool and flask life recovery rate for filling our HP faster when its down.
Other gear will have critical strike chance, critical strike multiplier, life and resists.

My other gear:

Flasks:

Gems:
Spoiler

Bow: Blink Arrow - Faster Projectiles - Faster Attacks
Chest: Barrage - Cast on Critical Strike - Increased Critical Strikes - Spark - Ethereal Knives - Controlled Destruction
Helm: Orb of Storms - Power charge on critical - Blood rage - Ice Golem
Gloves: Vaal Spark - Increased Duration - Spell Echo - Increased Critical Strikes
Boots: Blasphemy - Warlord's Mark - Wrath

Skill Tree:

Bandit Rewards: Help Oak - Kill All - Help Alira

Final Verdict:
Spoiler

The build is pretty good, performs nicely against various situations. However in the end, I like Lioneye's Avalanche better because scaling physical damage is easier than projectile damage in CoC.
Also the Hits Can't Be Evaded mod is crucial for reliable Cast on Critical Strike. Reliable CoC enables you to fire just once on a pack, maybe twice and move on. In this build it's more like fire 2 barrages or 3-4 barrages to a pack and then move on, which loses like a minute or two while clearing maps.
Although I should say this, there are horrible builds in terms of clearspeed or viability wandering around in the forums, with this build people should be fine crushing their way up to tier 13 maps. The upper tiers is just not that faceroll
Last edited by Mothren on May 3, 2016, 11:02:05 AM
Last bumped on May 2, 2016, 1:13:28 PM
Reserving for future updates.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info