The Labyrinth Reduced *My* Retention

I feel it that way too. But in sc i just ask for help and someone is allways willing to give a hand.

Don't do it in normal or cruel, reach good level and get geared first. Find a nice guy that covers your weaknesses and run lab merci with him.
If you still with fear practice in sc. Is not that big deal once you know how to play it, really. And i am def not a good a player.
Last edited by katchwi on Apr 15, 2016, 9:31:06 PM
Werd labs sucks. I only go in three times per toon its so tedious. Ascension is worth it 3x though so i'll do it but wish it was way shorter at least.
Git R Dun!
"
Tin_Foil_Hat wrote:

Then dont ? lol

If 15 minutes to do three lab runs is tedious then you should consider finding a new genre to play.

Doing 3 lab runs in 15 minutes is beyond ridiculous. Look at the ladder. The 100th best time is 30 minutes. The 20th best time is 10 minutes. To get ten minutes those people probably practiced first. This context is how long does it take someone to run labyrinth when they hate running it and do it as little as possible. Based on the ladder we're probably looking at something like 30 minutes at least for that context. Heck the fastest run is over 5 minutes. So doing 3 lab runs in 15 minutes in the context that we're discussing here is absolutely ridiculous.

I hate the labyrinth game play. It is not ARPG game play. It is crappy Mario, Prince of Persia or Tomb Raider game play. Although it is true that there really are other good choices of ARPG game play out there.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I agree, the trap damage in normal difficulty is far too high. This combined with the sometimes awkward hitbox and lack of precision movement make the labyrinth feel out of place in this game. I enjoy difficult content, but not when the difficulty comes from overcoming issues with the core game mechanics.

Please GGG, listen to your community.
Last edited by h3xd on Apr 16, 2016, 4:59:21 AM
How much do I dislike the Labyrinth? Well, I have a lvl 78 shadow and a lvl 74 ranger in HC Perandus, and neither one of them has even gone through the normal Labyrinth...

I did a practice run through the normal SC Labyrinth a while back with a lvl 42 ranger (who had died in HC in a moment of inattention to a Perandus chest mob) and completed it without problems --- but playing exclusively solo/self-found/HC, I've never before felt the need to waste my time trying things out in SC first.

I finally figured I should ascend my lvl 74 ranger today in the normal Lab (!). First I had to go pick up the Catacombs trial (which it turned out I hadn't done) then I spent 20 mins finding the golden key for the golden door in the second room (having spent quite a while going through the first silver key room), at which point (having done only 3 rooms) I decided I had better things to do than going through the rest of the Lab. (I'd also started picking up cruel trials with my shadow previously and got to the buzz saw trial with timed levers and a screen full of buzz saws and decided to forget about that as well.)

Now it's not that the Labyrinth hard -- just about everything in poe is ok once you learn how it works, and no doubt with more practice I'd get a lot faster. I just don't like that kind of gameplay. It feels like having to lvl up Leo in pvp for his dot enchantments, even though I don't like pvp either. Furthermore if -- like me -- you just want to get the Lab over and done with never to see it again, you still can't completely trivialize the content by overleveling because of how traps work.

I have no problem with including the Labyrinth as optional content for items/enchantments/.. but gating the ascendancy classes behind it (which are NOT optional, even if as before you can play the game fine without them) is a horrible choice.
Proud member of the Vocal Minority

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info