[2.2]Ben's ASS Sparks Chaos Damage (CORE DOWN/ATZIRI EZ) 200k + Dps

Ben's Other Guides

Passive Tree

View My Character

Gear

Helm
Spoiler
- I decided that a Rats nest would be really strong for this build, but by all means it is not required.
If anything attempt to get a +2 spark enchant for the helmet regardless of base or rolls.
If your helmet can have enough int and res/life then the boots can be switched to an atziri's step for extra spell dodge.

- Something like this is Best in Slot

Chest
Spoiler
- I am only using the carcass jack because i simply dont have another 6l in standard with the correct colors. Of course a 6l eva/ 6l belly/ 6l lightning coil would all be better choices.

However u can see the gems im running in the chest plate.

Boots
Spoiler
- The Leech chant is a must have for the free leech that you get while your sparks fly off screen. The reason im using these boots is mainly for the int and move speed, they can be swapped out for anything of your choice.

Gloves
Spoiler
- The Winds of change are just far too good for this build as it gives us 50% projectile dmg to scale with the poison and initial hit. It also gives us knock-back which is amazing and projectile speed. It might just be B.I.S

- having Maligaros are also extremely good, however the appropriate colors would be 3 Red 1 Green

Increased Duration, CWDT, Immortal Call, And our Vaal Haste or Grace

Jewelry
Spoiler

Victaro's acuity is not needed, however it does give free proj speed/dmg and frenzy charge generation so all in all its not bad.

For rings diamond rings or res base with high life/int or str/res are all your really looking for.

Jewels
Spoiler
As far as jewels go this is the list of best rolls starting from good to worse
Chaos Damage - Projectile Damage - Life - Crit Multi - Cast Speed -Crit Chance

So a jewel with the first 4 rolls would probably be the best choice.

Videos
Spoiler
https://www.twitch.tv/romeprince/v/60604394-Core Map/ Atziri Run

https://www.twitch.tv/romeprince/v/60928380 - updated video guide/ guide build discussion only

Bandits
Spoiler

Help Oak for Life
Kill all or take Cast Speed
Power Charge

Damage Calculation
Spoiler

So this is gonna be a rough estimate of how much we are actually doing

Poison damage is (http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Poison_(support_gem)) - 10% of the initial hit every second for 2 seconds on the base duration

Poison damage gets scaled by

Projectile Damage(we have 302%)
Damage over time (87%)
Chaos Damage (117%)
Poison Damage (70%)

Finally it also gets scaled up by poison gem dmg - 38% increased
as well as duration

Poison Gem duration - 10%
Duration on Tree - 50% increased skill effect duration

So the poison lasts about 3.2 Seconds dealing 10% of the initial hit (+ Scaling) per second for a total of 32% (+ Scaling)

All this dps is theoretical

Spark Damage Gets
Projectile Damage(we have 302%)
Chaos Damage (117%)
Elemental Damage (20%)
Spell Damage (12%)
Duration - 50% skill effect duration - 2.25 second duration
Projectiles - 7 (without the helm enchant)

So now the issue is to factor all the damage + the dmg if a few projectiles rehit the same target(which always happens) + number of casts/projectiles we shoot out per sec + poison damage
to solve the mystery of the actual dps

This is my guess to solving the damage

So just using the DPS - 68k

we take 68k Damage per second x 27 projectiles(per sec we cast 27 projectiles) + poison damage + Duration/Spark re hitting the same monster

Again this is theoretical dps and its almost impossible to calculate the actual amount of damage being dealt

Last edited by Bloomania on May 27, 2016, 6:35:48 AM
Last bumped on May 27, 2016, 3:48:14 PM
So the twitch service muted part of the build video guide, so i might re-do the "video guide"

but ill leave the initial vod up so that people can watch the atziri and core run

I also timed the gorge i ran in the video and i started @ 36:50 or so and while stopping for strongboxes and no vaal haste i had a time of about 2 minutes 30 seconds.
Updated Video Guide
Last edited by Bloomania on Apr 16, 2016, 7:58:09 AM
would be really nice if you posted these videos on youtube so I can watch them. The twitch ones just buffer forever and I can't watch them.
"
Paragon1 wrote:
would be really nice if you posted these videos on youtube so I can watch them. The twitch ones just buffer forever and I can't watch them.

The problem i have with posting videos on Youtube is that once i start i will feel like i have to dedicate my entire channel to poe.. idk

Also the vod doesnt have great quality like banners etc. Its just cam + game in the background.

Ill think about doing it.
Updated
How are you dealing with reflect with the 60% conversion nerf?
"
raycray wrote:
How are you dealing with reflect with the 60% conversion nerf?

There is enough leech that if i get 40% of my dmg reflected by 1 mob its not really going to do anything at all

And considering the build has dodge i should not receive consecutive reflect hits, either way ill re-test this after the 2.3 update

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info