How to make PvP popular, Stop be Lazy GGG

Make it more rewarded, like special prices at the end of the seasons (skins, curency, etc..)

Make PvP Curency system like in other games, it can be around Leo, not only buy shit gear and decoration from him, but something rly good....

Ladders like Labyrynth, show globaly..., more events..

PvP Only skills, and balance it araund PvP.

there is a lot of possibilities dear GGG!
Last bumped on May 19, 2016, 4:00:04 PM
Wow telling them that they are lazy just because they got stuff to do that is more important for the game's future is really rude. There will not change anything about pvp aside from balance changes from time to time. Accept it.
rude it that they left PvP cose its not profitable..

accepting things like they are now is prety stupid from your side if you like PvP, better say nothing EleGiggle and pray they do balance ones per year :D.
It's not stupid just the best way to deal with it. Pvp is not the focus of ggg and whatever you write will not have any influence. It's meaningless. I know accepting things that bother you is hard but you need to overcome that. Then you can enjoy the game.
The only way its gets popular is if the community comes together and makes up their own rules/blance.

Theres stupid things in Dks3 PvP atm but the community decided what people can and cant use duging a tournement like this http://fextralife.com/forums/t54221/the-fattest-of-the-fat-community-pvp-tourament/

IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Hello there,

until this day I didnt even realized that there is a sub forum for pvp and that people actually doing pvp in this game :P

First off im not a PvPer at all (in this game) and not planning to go into the scene with the current state.

But i found this thread and thought that i could contribute a bit to it from the expierence i made with old diablo 2 pvp. And i dont mean random blood moor pvp rather player organized pvp wth rules.

Those rules turned pvp from totally unfun and lame to enjoyable. And what i mean by rules is stuff like certain items where prohibited like slowing items (Cleglaw's Pincers) and also certain stats were prohibited like max 25% damage reductrion. There were a few other specific rules about prohibited builds/skills that i cant remember in detail anymore.

My point is that a PvP system with rules would motivate the ordinary player to try it out - and maybe stay. Because he wouldnt need to have best in slot mirror/corruption gear to participate without getting stomped.

You guys could do a Own kind of ladder system for this PvP with rules and call it "Allstars".

For the Ruleset there is nothing - or not much i could contribute to it as i simply have zero expierience about pvp in this game. The rules should focus on lowering the required gear to enter. Examples of rules could look like:

- no 6 links
- no corrupted items
- no mirrored items
- no legacy items
- no lvl 21 gems
- no ES Chests above 600? ES

ect.

So far with kind regards and wish a happy pvp to you guys.

Last edited by zzang on May 14, 2016, 12:49:30 PM
gear is not a big problem, skill gems and skill gem programming issues are biggest enemy of poe pvp balance imho
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
I cant prove you otherwise as i have no clue in path of exile - but items did matter big times in D2 (especially legacy ones). But yeah the suggestion was there to open the gate for more players - if the current pvp community wants to stay small and exclusive then so be it.

Edit: oh and Rule set is not or should not be exclusive to items

Certain skills could and should be prohibited aswell.
Last edited by zzang on May 14, 2016, 1:05:38 PM
Yeah it's the skills themselves and interactions that are broken. Gear of course helps amplify how broken something is, but there are guys running around with just a few ex and can twoshot easy

Appreciate you though

We can ban skills, but the problem we often face is some people in this game are unable to put ego aside and admit how broken something is and just play something else instead. Who votes on it? Ban la, la users flip out. Ban ea, ea users don't play at all Etc..
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on May 14, 2016, 1:15:31 PM
My main intention with the rules within a kind of own pvp league was to point out how to motivate new players to join pvp because the entry cap is heavily lowered.

As I said if this is not intended forget my suggestion.

About the decision making - this is indeed a problem if GGG dont want to play that role. In case of a doubt if those skills you listed are considered "broken" id be pragmatic and prohibit both.

Edit: After all there would be still the "normal" pvp no one would be forced to participate in the Allstars pvp.
Last edited by zzang on May 14, 2016, 1:53:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info