[Not a Bug] Hierophant Sanctuary of Thought potentially a bug

ok, after seeing yoji video about guardian he stated that guardian's Radiant Faith passive grants 15% ES from reserved mana which does scale with ES increases:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU8KD0aTmwA&feature=youtu.be&t=3m37s

I have a hierophant with passive Sanctuary of Thought which does not scale with ES increases, it just gives fixed amount of ES (15% of mana amount).
Is this intentional or a bug?
Last edited by Mark_GGG on Apr 15, 2016, 1:56:53 AM
Last bumped on Jul 27, 2016, 11:14:45 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
"
Andrius319 wrote:
I have a hierophant with passive Sanctuary of Thought which does not scale with ES increases, it just gives fixed amount of ES (15% of mana amount)
You are mistaken. Energy Shield modifiers definitely do apply to the conveted mana->es. Like with all things that use the conversion mechanics, it's also affected by modifiers to what it was (mana) and additive modifiers to either of these things apply additively. It's affected by increased mana and by increased energy shield, but those things are additive modifiers and will apply additively with each other.
People assumed it would not be additive because that makes the passive garbage.

Eg this thread:

https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/4ezlxw/hierophant_more_like_uselessphant/
Last edited by Choirandvice on Apr 16, 2016, 12:59:06 AM
I hoped for something better Mark, this way it feels pretty underwhelming for big Ascendancy point. Perhaps adjusting it to flat +ES would make some sense. Show my hiero some love yo.
I AM MAD
ZAP!ZAP!ZAP! ME SOOO WIZZARD!
nevermind everything is fine, my mistake.
Spoiler

Something still seems off.

If conversion mechanics works, then it shouldn't always be fixed at 15% of maximum mana, with any above zero values of increased ES it should go above 15%, but it isn't.

ES gained from that node with conversion-
(base_mana)*(1+increased_mana+increased_ES)*15%=total_es_gained

and mana is:
(base_mana)*(1+increased_mana)=total_mana

Now the proportion of those two is-
(1+increased_mana+increased_ES)*15% / (1+increased_mana) =
= 15% + 15%*(increased_ES)/(1+increased_mana)

this proportion proves that with minimal and more increased ES I should have more than 15%.
and yet it is equal to 15% in all cases.
from pictures below:
mana before 3126, after 4347. change 1221 mana
es before 2072, after 2255. change 183 es
183/1221= precisely 15% and this denies that ES %increase influence ES gained from node.
(my mana increase without pledge is ~150%, and es ~120%)
Same seems in Choirandvice reddit post.
[spoiler='image']
[/spoiler]

Last edited by Andrius319 on Apr 16, 2016, 5:57:36 AM
"
Andrius319 wrote:
this proportion proves that with minimal and more increased ES I should have more than 15%.
and yet it is equal to 15% in all cases.
from pictures below:
mana before 3126, after 4347. change 1221 mana
es before 2072, after 2255. change 183 es
183/1221= precisely 15% and this denies that ES %increase influence ES gained from node.
(my mana increase without pledge is ~150%, and es ~120%)
Same seems in Choirandvice reddit post.

The base mana of the character in the screenshots is 1221, evidenced by the mana change when equipping Pledge. The base mana doesn't change by equpping Pledge, only the %increased mana and thus the ES gain from the Hierophant passive, which is 15% of the 100% increase, acting on the base mana.

The ES% modifiers only have an effect on base mana so their effect wouldn't show up in this comparison at all, only when you spec/unspec the node or when you equip gear with base mana on it. Your total ES gain from the ascendancy node is 1221*0.15*3,7 without Pledge, and 1221*0.15*4,7 with Pledge. Which is arguably still fairly weak for a 4-pointer ascendancy node.

Yes, i just realized that :D
Anyone else feels cheated?

I'd suggest adding note to this Notable:

"Gain refers to no gain"
Problem: impostor syndrome
Solution: nerf everything
Result: depressing mess
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Andrius319 wrote:
I have a hierophant with passive Sanctuary of Thought which does not scale with ES increases, it just gives fixed amount of ES (15% of mana amount)
You are mistaken. Energy Shield modifiers definitely do apply to the conveted mana->es. Like with all things that use the conversion mechanics, it's also affected by modifiers to what it was (mana) and additive modifiers to either of these things apply additively. It's affected by increased mana and by increased energy shield, but those things are additive modifiers and will apply additively with each other.

If that is your intended mechanic, then it is utterly disappointing.
Was that really your intention guys? Was that really a conscious decision?
Last edited by eleMENTAL2013 on Apr 16, 2016, 8:10:26 AM
If this is a decision and not a bug, i am very disappointed in you GGG. Hierophant actually sucks really really hard now compared to other broken ascendancy classes, like what.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info