[2.2 Video] Leapfrogging Quad Ele Siege Ballista [Ranger/Scion/Duelist] (Atziri, HC Viable)

Hello Everyone! Ever thought to yourself "I want to make a Ele Siege Ballista but I don't know what ascendancy to take" Then I have written this guide for you!

I have been experimenting with making a Baseline Siege ballista where you can choose mostly whatever ascendancy that you would like within the Scion/Ranger/Duelist choices.
So a let your imagination flow and use all I have written down to help you on your ways!
This is simply something to get you going with an idea of how to make a Non-crit Siege Ballista and how easy it is.

This build can easily function on a 5L and just flat out use a Tabula for the majority of its career.

I have done T14's and killed Atziri multiple times (Haven't tried Uber) All you need is just some more HP nodes (or not be shit like me)

No Regen Maps are doable but god damn slow, you have to run a mana pot and not able to rush leapfrog ballistas without spam potting.

Reflect Maps Your totems die on ele reflect.

Feel free to send a message if you have a question or you think of something that's better and want to have a discussion

---------------------Videos at the bottom!

BANDITOS - Current=Oak-Kraityn-Kraityn

Pros & Cons
Spoiler

Pros
-Easy to play and level
-Fairly Cheap easy budget
-High build versatility, can change it wherever you like in hp crit/noncrit more dmg, less dmg, RT etc
-SAFE
-Cap dodge/spell dodge with Vaal Grace

Cons:
-Annoying to reach and stay at 600+ dex (dex on jewels if you have to)
-Requires A LOT OF INT take 30 int nodes if you have to (need 160ish)
-Doesn't have crazy scaling for T15 bosses unless heavy money investment.
-Not as good as crit ele

Mechanics of the build
Spoiler

-Place Siege Ballistas down constantly leapfrogging forwards (They last currently 12.5 sec with my build, and with 600 dex I can have 4 up at once)
-Use Frenzy to curse any curse of your choosing.
-Use Frenzy to gain Frenzy charges (dmg/attack speed increase)
-Use Wrath/Anger for flat ele damage increases in Alpha's howl.
-Use Clarity to sustain mana for leapfrogging.
-Use Vaal Grace for cap dodge and spell dodge.
-Use Vaal Haste for more damage.
-Be fast, like sanic
-Leapfrog more Siege Ballistas.
-Loot.

The base talent tree: Very easy and versatile build - Remove things as you see fit. Less dmg, more hp and vice versa.
Spoiler

http://poeurl.com/BTu

Ignore the ascendancy on this! As I have tried all the Ranger ones on this and I'm too lazy to change from Deadeye. (I pref raider for onslaught)

This can be modified to be either Ranger, Scion or Duelist for your choice of ascendancy.
Grab life nodes, frenzy charges, Jewel sockets, atleast the scion totem nodes (duration/placement speed) as long as you grab most of these important things you should be fine running any ascendancy you want. Which is the whole idea of this guide.

------------------------------------------------

An example is this Scion tree - Elementalist/Raider!

http://poeurl.com/BTw

As Duelist it's most likely just the Champion Ascendancy.
Which only changes like 5 points because of the starting place.

If you wanted to make a Crit Siege Ballista I would recommend Deadeye Ranger because of the "Powerful Precision" Ascendancy node that gives u 100% extra crit for free. (but that's just my thought)

Required Items
Spoiler

SIEGE BALLISTA GEM 20% QUALITY - For totem placement speed, Trust me on this.

The main weapon that makes this build work! Cheap and easy to find, look out for a good attack speed and totem placement roll. I reach 600 Dex to get 4 totems down at the same time, also gives some free flat phys which can be nice to have.

Drillneck is mandatory because Siege Ballista ALWAYS Pierces no matter what, you get 100% proj dmg for free.
As I said about the 600 dex adding phys. I have this one corrupted with Fire conversion which boosts dmg by a lot more than you would think. (Not mandatory to corrupt but I bought this one for 10c)

Alpha's Howl is the best option because were an ele build and we run some deeps auras and alphas increases our deeps on those auras by adding +2 gem level, also the 8% reduced mana reserve is nice.
Stick whatever auras you're running in there, I would say Wrath is highly recommended if you want to run something like grace or heralds instead of anger you can just as easily do that, As I've said before this is your build to modify!

I threw my Vaal Grace, Vaal Haste, Anger & Wrath in there so they all get +2 levels.

Gives your totems LMP without gemming it. A 30% reduced dmg is the lowest and best roll you can get on the jewel, It barely even makes you lose any dmg. Can jewel swap on single target (Atziri etc)

You will need this to bring your Dex up to the 600 mark. I use this to the left of the Scion health whe.. rectangle.

You will need atleast one of these (Maybe you can get 2 as Scion, or if you get the Harrier node as Ranger) It will give you a flat 1-82 Lightning dmg to attacks, easy and good scaling for a Ele build.
I place this in the jewel slot that's to the South-West of the Ranger start.

Links/Gems.
Spoiler

We have all the basic stuff, and then you can experiment further with what you like to use.

My starting basic is: Siege Ballista - WED - Added Lightning - FA - Elemental Focus | 6L Added Cold or Pierce/Slower Projectiles (increased Critical strikes if you go crit is nice to have as a buffer)

Alpha's - Vaal Haste/Grace - Wrath - Anger (you can always swap the Vaals to get increased duration for them)

4L - CWDT - ID - IC - Enfeeble
4L - Blink Arrow - FA - Culling Strike - Clarity

Frenzy - Curse on Hit - GMP - (your curse, I use Temp Chains.) | 5L Chain - 6L FA/Pierce?

A low leveled Clarity gem is highly recommended for this build to be able to leapfrog turrets and curse without running a mana potion.

Current Gear / recommended items
Spoiler

The current gear I have equipped is pretty budget as it was just a experimental character.
You can use the http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Astramentis Necklace to make it easier, I chose not to use it.

Rings and Amulet each costed <5c Most of them just high dex and resists (They don't have WED which is massive dps increase to have)
Alpha's Howl is worth <10c
Atziri's Step <10c
Belly of the Beast <10c
Drillneck <10c
Iron Commander <1c

The jewels werent really worth anything either. TotemDmg/Dmg/Attributes/AllRes/Life/AttackSpeed

You can easily run this with only one 5L/6L you don't need more unless you want easier cursing etc.
So your chest can really be anything you want I simply choose Belly because I needed some life and resists and it was worth 5c. But other options are things like these below:

If you just want a easy 6L you can use this but you will drop a lot of HP, not recommended for HC

Belly ofc.

Lightning Coil is most likely the best option for safety if you can get good enough jewelry etc to recover the lightning resistance loss.

Budget Lightning Coil.

No sockets but some fire damage increase aswell as 500 flat life for some defence.

Can work but preferably a high evasion/Life chest instead.

Can never go wrong with something like this.

IF you're going crit this can be nice for keeping up Power charges easily but I wouldn't recommend over any of the previous options.

Another nice Crit item as it has crit/multi dex AND attack speed.

If you only want 5L most of them cost around 40-80C already 5Linked.

Flask Setup I guess?
Spoiler

If you are not a Raider I would highly recommend a Chemists Silver flask

Always works if you pair it with a Cannot be Shocked flask.

Nice extra damage but you really don't benefit from the leech.

But flasks are completely up to you on this! You should probably have a good idea of flasks if you are going Pathfinder.

Leveling FAQ
Spoiler

I leveled with Storm Cloud Long Bow and SA / RoA until I could equip Lord Commander bow, drillneck and the Rain of Splinters jewel and leveled from there (32ish something?) with Siege Ballista

Videos! (WORK IN PROGRESS) I can upload more if people want to see more difficult mods/specific maps.
These are mostly just for you to see the build in action. The quality is not the best and maybe bit choppy but it's like this when I record Path of exile so I apologize.
Spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dLsuwua0iw&feature=youtu.be
Arid Lake - Min-max, Monster dmg, monster crit, onslaught.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=589QeyRRvbE&feature=youtu.be
Overgrown Ruin (rippy) - Vulnerability, Enfeeble, 100%cold dmg, Onslaught, Monster crit. (Squisher totems but more dmg build)

IGN: SleazyH
MY shop: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1320609
Last edited by Zazzels on Apr 12, 2016, 1:09:03 PM
Last bumped on Apr 12, 2016, 10:29:16 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info