Shock minimum duration

Back in the day, a status ailment would only apply, if it lasted at least 300ms.
E.g. here.

With 2.0 a new system arrived.
See notes

Freeze, Shock and Chill now last for 60ms for every 1% of life dealt by the appropriate element, up to a maximum of 50%.
When frozen, you are also chilled for the freeze duration + 300ms. Previously this value was 30% of the freeze duration, but that was sometimes too short or too long.
Link

The wiki note about shock needing at least 300ms to apply is gone.
The note for freeze is still there.

Now I'm wondering, if the 300ms rule still applies.
A source on your answer would be appreciated.
Last bumped on Oct 15, 2017, 7:59:15 PM
"
Rayshan wrote:
Yes
Thanks for the answer.
Best source available cleared all doubts :D
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"
Rayshan wrote:
Yes

I need a simple clarification please. Does the 300ms rule apply to all sources of shock, or only crits and shocked ground?

The sources of shock in question being "chance to shock" nodes and gems.

As I understand it, even a crit will not apply a shock so long as the duration of the shock would be under 300ms in length. Is this correct?

Do the nodes and gems follow the same logic? Please correct me on anything I have listed incorrectly.

thanks,
Last edited by Itami_no_Kami on Dec 25, 2016, 8:31:04 PM
Crits and Chance to Shock are the same thing, Crits just inherently have 100% Chance to Shock :P Both check for a minimum Duration.

Shocked Ground does not check for a minimum duration. It always applies as long as the ground effect is active - 's what makes Vaal Lightning Trap pretty decent :)
Now with 3.0, shock duration doesn't affect the ammount of shock damage increase, right? Only the duration, while "shock/ailments effect" increase said threshold?

Funny, and where are the new jewel (and gear overall) mods that would increase shock effect, atm i only see those in the passive tree, lame.

BTW, now my 4 slotted GG jewels (with shock duration) are trash again, thanks.
I love how it only becomes harder and harder to actually get a nice 4 slotted jewel in this game, can you guys please buff the bad affixes a bit? Add shock effect to the "shock chance + duration" affix, for instance

I've made a great many deal of threads asking for this, i can help you with whats what because boy, jewel affixes are one of the most unbalanced things i've ever seen in arpgs, almost as unbalanced as diablo3 1.0 weapon and gearing overall system.
Buff life on the right side of the tree! Just a little! Pretty Please!
Last edited by The_Risen on Oct 15, 2017, 8:02:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info