[2.2] The Shotgun - Chin Sol Ice Shot/Fire arrow - High AOE/single target dmg - Atziri down

Hi Folks,

This is my first build guide, and my english is what it is, I hope it'll be good enough.

Its a pretty simple build really, using Ice shot to kill very fast trash mobs, and fire arrow to quickly kill bosses. Its a bit like the Railgun build, using Chin sol and point blank but a lot better imo, because the railgun doesnt use GMP which makes it a pain to use.

The idea of the build

Spoiler
The Chin Sol and the Point Blank passive gives you 150% MORE dmg at close range, which is huge.
The Deadeyes Ascendancy Riccochet gives you a free chain for every hit and Far shot mitigate the penalty of Point blank.

To sum up : You use Ice shot with GMP and a lot of dmg support gem and everything on screen and beyond will explode (Thanks to the chain). You use Fire arrow on boss, it just does a ton of dmg, more on that later.

Pro/cons

Spoiler
Pros :
- Very fast clear speed. Trash mobs explode before you even see them (Use a loot filter, for the sound of good drop offscreen).
- can be cheap or very expensive. I use 2x6L but since most gems are the same on both setup, you are pretty much as good with a 12c Tabula + a 1c Chin Sol and just change the gem for boss fights
- Fun to play, lots of crits makes everything chatters; you feal like a maniac with a shotgun.
- You do a lot of damage at ranged... but the closer mobs gets, the more dmg you do. Feals safe.

Cons :

- As of now I'm pretty low on hps, 4100, I might trade some dmg for more life.
- For physical reflect, Vaal pact/life nodes are god enough. For Ele. reflect, I swap Added Fire/weapn ele dmg for Life leech/Iron Grip. I strongly suggest a Taste of hate there, helps a lot since we do cold dmg mostly.

Gems Setup (in order of best use) :
Spoiler

ICE shot - GMP - PPAD - Weapon ele - added Fire Dmg - Inc. crit. dmg
Fire arrow - PPAD - Weapon Ele - added Fire - Inc. crit dmg - Inc Crit strike
Herald of ICe - Curse on crit - Assassin's mark - Cold to fire (thid is how you get Power charge).

The rest is as you want, I need to tweak it a little but you want :
Blood rage (for frenzy charges) - Vaal haste - Vaal grace - Hatred - Fire golem
Im using CoDT with phase but I'll change that, its pretty useles as is.
Safer bet would be CwDT+Immortal call + enduring cry. I'd have to drop vaal grace or get a ring with a slot.

My Gear / what to get :
Spoiler

The only thing mandatory is the Chin sol.
Then you want life/resists/crit chance/crit multi/weapon ele
Im using 3 uniques; which makes the rest of the slot pretty expansive.
Im probably gonna try to get an arrow more from a quiver

Bandits :
Spoiler

- normal : Oak
Then its up to you.
I took passive point and frenzy but +16% phy is good and power charge as well.

Passive Tree + Jewels :
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAABeAO4F-QguCIkNjQ-rEYET2hR1FUMV8Ba_GYoZjhutIXYj0yP2JIsk_SaVKjgqTSzpMHEx-jKUNZI31DnUOkI64T8nSn1KyEtXS3hNkk3jTipRR1FMVUtW-luvXWhfsGHiY6duqm8nb55v8nBSdvd3B3fXexR9W311fwJ_K4MJhMWGs4bOhxOHdonTjDaNfY2_lLiVBZXMlwaaaprxm42btZykoJ-jiqTCplem4KxHsQG18rvjwOPBM8M6xKLKSsqpz17TftQj2L3Zxt1G3ajjn-dU6b3tP-2D7g7wu_Gz8kX5Y_4K_o_-uv_e?accountName=tahity&characterName=BACHINEENJA

Pretty simple, get the bow phys dmg nodes, then all the crit/crit multi you can get then life, vaal pact+life leech for those reflect maps. Finish with the elem dmg+pen.

Electricity jewel = 2.3k dmg on ice shot for me, pretty good.
Izaro turmoil doesnt show much on the tooltip but probably great for ice shot explosion.

Some stats :
Spoiler

In hideout, Defense :

In hideout, 34K ICe shot (GMP+chain)

In Hideout, 74,7k Fire arrow

With flasks + vaal haste, ICe shot 86k

With Flasks + vaal haste, Fire arrow 190k

To conclude, 86k AOE at range, 190K single shot, and that's before the +150% MORE from Chin sol+Point blank.

So get close, and blow them off!

Let me know what you think / would improve etc.
Cheers.
Last bumped on Jul 23, 2016, 2:53:22 PM
I've always loved Ice Shot and it's nice to see a Ranger build that isn't using Voltaxic right now, but how do you manage your mana? Without having Mana Leech linked to Ice Shot I run out of mana within two shots, do you have a solution for this?
Hi nice build!
Any news on the mana-question? Do you run clarity?

Kr,
Tim
0.4% leeched as mana from physical is usually enough to sustain skills. We can see this is what OP have on the offensive screen, and it must come from a jewel.
The duelist leech wheel is also very good for that as the whole attack damage is leeched, not just physical. It's worth spending 2 points here to get 0.8% leeched as life and 0.4% leeched as mana.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
what skill is fire arrow?
"
Nekhebet wrote:
what skill is fire arrow?

OP meant Burning Arrow, of course. You just had to look at his gear.
I would like to know what the DPS is with two 5Ls and without Maligaro's. Capping resists with so many uniques sounds like a pain. I'm asking because I would like to try a budget version of this: two 5Ls and no Maligaro's (or no Rat's Nest).
Found 1 useless point, http://scr.hu/1zoy/lj2q0
This build is useless without a video
Look how Awesome my MTX Marauder RF looks

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1695395
I really like this build, but have many negative points. I tried it one time and dont work, its still working on 2.3? Ill try again, and hope this time i do right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info