[2.3] PoisonReave/Cleave+Viper Strike (1 million DPS) Raider using Dreamfeathers (Videos Included)

Atziri video up! Made lots of mistakes but luck pulled me through.
Last edited by Novalisk on Apr 22, 2016, 9:25:35 AM
Build updates!

1. Changed the skilltree to leave out Sleight of Hand in favor of poison damage, and took the raider onslaught node instead of the attack dodge one since clearspeed is where we're lacking rather than attack dodge (and vaal grace almost caps our dodge anyway).

2. Replaced the phasing flask with an atziri's flask. The extra chaos damage is significant on this build and the leech helps our survivability in boss fights.

3. Replaced the Gorge run video in the OP to display the changes above.

4. Tried out Reave+Vaal Reave! Saw a slight improvement in clearspeed for open areas, but the clearspeed in closed areas remains about the same if not lower. Think of it like getting a second increased AoE support gem instead of a damage support gem. Not gonna go for it because it takes an extra gem slot (for vaal reave) and personally feels a bit clunky to use.
Last edited by Novalisk on Apr 23, 2016, 10:57:55 AM
New setup seems clearly better on the gorge run.
Have you tried snakebite to apply poison?
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Snakebite will only help Cleave (doesn't help viper strike), and the candidates for replacing the poison support gem aren't that great:

1. Rapid Decay - The DPS increase for clearspeed isn't that amazing since we're using front-loaded damage (as opposed to caustic arrow builds).

2. Melee Physical Damage - only boosts like one third of my damage (physical) which i don't really want raised due to reflect. Also a red support which makes it difficult to chrome 5-off.

3. Conc Effect - Definitely a huge damage boost but will hurt our already low AoE. Also requires chroming a 5-off.

4. Faster Attacks - We already have tons of IAS, won't do much due to diminishing returns.

5. Added Cold Damage - Might be nice since the chill would stack with temp chains, but we don't have that much increased elemental damage outside of the dreamfeather and raider bonuses. Could give it a go.

Poison itself is a decent damage increase once it's leveled up and quality'd. if you have +300% increased poison damage, +38% and 10% increased duration equals to about 20% more poison DPS. Compared with Rapid decay at a 39% more multiplier 10% increased, and a 15% less duration multipiler, which comes around to a 25% more poison DPS, Poison looks quite good considering you can get more out of your gloves instead of settling for snakebite. Definitely a good 5L option however.

Edit: Can definitely see the Reave setup working with both AoE gems on a 6L+Snakebite. Added to the OP and will try it out when i have spare time and currency to burn.
Last edited by Novalisk on Apr 24, 2016, 9:02:59 AM
Made the switch to Reave+Snakebite!

It's more DPS and more AoE, but also more expensive as I've had to upgrade some of my gear for resists (since I'm only using 4 rares now). I'll post a Gorge video once I get better at Reaving.
Updates to the build:

1. Reave Gorge video added! With clear times under 3 minutes we're looking pretty good.

2. Updated the guide to be more Reave centric since it seems to be a better option overall. Cleave is still in there as an alternative.

3. Added Snakebite as a core item since it really lets Reave shine.

Last edited by Novalisk on Apr 26, 2016, 3:12:03 PM
Added DPS calculations to the OP, highlighting this build's ridiculous DPS levels in lengthy fights (considering we're attacking with weapons worth 1c each).
Last edited by Novalisk on Apr 28, 2016, 9:34:46 AM
I'm impressed. The original build was cool but the Gorge clear speed was meh. What you have now is solid! I'm going to add a link on my build page.

I'm surprised you got Reave to work so well. I guess it makes sense in this niche where you don't go for Amplify or Blast Radius. But if Cleave gets an AoE buff (which it kinda needs to stay on par with newer skills)... Have you tested Cyclone? One problem is that it would require Soul Taker unless you use Trickster Shadow.

Do you really need Vitality Void and the life leech node right before it? It's a great buff, but it tends to be overkill when you evade/dodge most things and have time to heal between the hits you take. Might save you 2 points.

How do you fare in curse immune and no regen maps?
Dreamfeather Elemental Cleave Ranger: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1087616
Snakebite really shines with poison centric builds :)
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
Tempada wrote:

Do you really need Vitality Void and the life leech node right before it? It's a great buff, but it tends to be overkill when you evade/dodge most things and have time to heal between the hits you take. Might save you 2 points.

I actually don't have Vitality Void on my current build, I'm testing it so have yet to update the build officially. The idea for taking it was for survivability in lengthy boss fights, but other than that it's not useful ever since I added Atziri's Promise into the build.

Guess I'll update the OP with that change.

"
Tempada wrote:

It makes things difficult but I've done those mods several times. The hardest mod is no-leech, but that can be done with a mana flask.

"
Tempada wrote:
Have you tested Cyclone? One problem is that it would require Soul Taker unless you use Trickster Shadow.

Cyclone would likely suffer from the same issues as Cleave where its base AoE is kinda weak, and requires AoE nodes to shine on a 6L seeing as we want to use conc effect.

"
Snakebite really shines with poison centric builds :)

Indeed, especially on Raiders that can handle the reduced frenzy charge duration.

Also, the videos in the OP display Viper Strike before I got a +1 gems snakebite and a level 21 added chaos damage, that's about a 20% DPS increase.
Last edited by Novalisk on Apr 30, 2016, 10:10:02 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info