[2.2] Spectral Throw PillarOfTheCagedGod - Need Advice

Hello,

I'm a casual player, who enjoys doing simple but gimmicky builds.

My current aim is to make a Spectral Throw build using the Pillar of the Caged God and I need some build advice (other than don't bother).

My current Tree goal

What I'm currently going for is Deadeye+Berserker.

Keystones:
Resolute Technique - I don't really see a point in spreading my points for some minor crit.
Iron Grip - I am already stacking a lot of strength for the Pillar of the Caged God.
Point Blank Shot - Very situational, but it should go nicely with Deadeye.
Unwavering Stance/Iron Reflexes - Good combo and mostly free with my current spread.

Equipment:

Weapon
5L Pillar of the Caged God

Helm
Abyssus - No choice here since I am using PotCG

Body Armor
Lighting Coil - It was donated to me and seems like it would go nicely with Abyssus

Belt
Meginord's Girdle - Again, no choice here since I am using PotCG

Gloves
Anything with: Life/Physical damage/IAS/Res and maybe Strength

Boots
Anything with: Life/MS/Res/Strength

Rings
Life/Physical damage/Res and Int/Strength as I need some int for skills

Amulet
I don't really know what will make sense here and is affordable considering I don't plan on playing more than 1 hour a day.

I would like some advice on skills and links, but really any advice would be helpful as I would like to play some higher maps with my friends who play a lot.

What would be the most optimal 5L setup for spectral throw? I got really lucky and made it on the 5th try.

Is it viable to go for frenzy charges? Maybe I should switch Deadeye for Raider?

What would be the most beneficial Gem setup for other skills?

Do you think I can achieve good damage with this build? I'm still doing it for fun, but criticism is welcome!
Last edited by ihatethisgamesomuch on Apr 11, 2016, 9:41:16 AM
Last bumped on Apr 11, 2016, 6:02:29 AM
Bump!

Also, I think it should work reasonably well (obviously not a wtf-1-shot-meta build).

The only problem I have is the fact that spectral throw and some of the gems in your main link will require quite a bit of dex, meaning you can't really use those jewels that transform dex into str, which (maybe?) kinda defies the whole point of using PoTCG.

On the bright side, you can always switch to Hegemoni's Era (and crit) at later stages if you want to!

Wait and see how far the current concept can go, I guess. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info