RIP pvp 11.04.2016

We had fun at least.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last bumped on Apr 11, 2016, 9:23:54 AM
wut ?
im hosting a tourny for it on wednesday lol
Something Chris said in the podcast a little while ago. Basiclly they arnt removing PvP but they dont have the resources to support it as its not that popular and most PvPers from D2 play Lol Dota Smite. Except I dont play any of those games ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Either way how much support did d2 pvp get vs how much of its success was driven by the community? I guess if we want balance changes we have to explain why they would be good for the game overall and not just PvP. For example removing the ability for some skills to shotgun because I was killed by shotgun EA in a race once (act 2 Kraiten) literally full health to 0 when nothing else in that zone can hit nearly as hard.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
Well, PvP was already dead in terms of balance for a long time. This just confirms the obvious fact that GGG won't support the part of the game which unfortunately is played by very few. That's the main reason, folks. Nothing surprising here. From the other hand I also feel kinda sad.
IGN: RichMightyWitch
"
letmeknov wrote:
Well, PvP was already dead in terms of balance for a long time. This just confirms the obvious fact that GGG won't support the part of the game which unfortunately is played by very few. That's the main reason, folks. Nothing surprising here. From the other hand I also feel kinda sad.

people play stuff for rewards. in racing there are freaks too that gets lvl 80 while people are still beeing around lvl 50. people complain hen they get one shotted in arena. but i see no people complaining ike 'omg im lvl 50 only while these guys are lvl 80'. cause there is a reward in the end. people blame themselves when something is wrong instead of the game. same in pvp, when you put effort and your dedication to a pvp build, of course you are going to own everyone in sarn arena who didnt. the lack of attendancy to pvp is because GGG's lack of support. its not about pvp itself, or skills or the fundamentals of the game.

this shows just lack of vision of GGG.

i met with best theorycrafter brains in poe through pvp, and... probably ever in a game. so many bright people here. ggg just shoulda asked our opinion. we still have the best gears in the game cause pvp gives more reasons to play and get better than anything in pve content can offer. im glad i've met you guys, im glad that you are given me so much struggle in a game to get better. im glad i've met such awesome people like you. lapiz, libritannia, ahfack, icedeal, markusz, shadowthefall... and those that i cant remember your names, i did so much theorycrafting to overcome your builds while i was before to sleep, in bus, in school, while eating, while checking ass of the hot girl in the street, while pissing, while shitting... everywhere.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Apr 10, 2016, 10:05:34 PM
Hahaha, what a great post Rup. I feel like we're confabbing at a funeral while we look at the dead body.

I'm really more sad than anything else. PVP has a lot of potential If they just made a few changes it could be so much better, but Chris let his intentions be known today and what can we do?

I really like all the people, and all the stuff I learned here. Don't know what else to say really, just really bummed out. I definitely echo icedeal: no more supporter packs for this guy hahaha
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on Apr 10, 2016, 10:33:11 PM
Theorycrafting is a loose statement when the initial purpose is an attempt to overcome ggg's ignorance toward PvP and super shitty obvious balance issues. Is it really still theorycrafting when the only outcome is already obvious? Stay as far offscreen as possible and kill in 1-2 hits with fetus tier hand eye coordination and aim. Or strap on auto movement cwdt set ups and hold down attack while smashing 12345 off your belt. Guess these things aren't as obvious to GGG, seems that PvP balance even at the core was just too complicated. I'm pretty certain it'd take less then a typical work day to fix PvP ...if the guy fixing it wasn't a dumbass.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
"
MullaXul wrote:
Theorycrafting is a loose statement when the initial purpose is an attempt to overcome ggg's ignorance toward PvP and super shitty obvious balance issues. Is it really still theorycrafting when the only outcome is already obvious? Stay as far offscreen as possible and kill in 1-2 hits with fetus tier hand eye coordination and aim. Or strap on auto movement cwdt set ups and hold down attack while smashing 12345 off your belt. Guess these things aren't as obvious to GGG, seems that PvP balance even at the core was just too complicated. I'm pretty certain it'd take less then a typical work day to fix PvP ...if the guy fixing it wasn't a dumbass.

When you say something like that, it feels like you consider balance something where you personally win 70% of the fights and fuck the rest if they have their own unbalanced shit.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info