[2.3] ELEMENTAL SPECTRAL THROW - 66/75% DODGE - 5K LIFE - 60K+ DPS - 16K EVA

"
TeKwanYin wrote:
why pierce? ST already got 100% pierce

Because you have 29 more projectile damage with the pierce gem. It also give you the opportunity to swap it for Faster Projectile (greater kitting).

"
dEus__ wrote:
Do you think Elemental Focus is really worth it as a damage link? With a gem like Added Lightning your dps will probably be a little bit lower but you will be able to shock which will give you a huge clear speed advantage.

You already have the Vessel of Vinktar that shock nearby ennemies. I have 44k9 damage with Elemental Focus and 38k3 with Added lightning. Definitely not worth.

I'm level 95 now, did some gear improvment. I'm now at -16% chaos res, 5400 HP. I also respeced "Mana Flows" (I needed the INT) and picked up Druidic Rite instead (20% charges gained and 20% increased effect duration). Vessel now last 6 seconds and Quartz flask 7 seconds.

@itzhellzone thank you
Last edited by 3olf on Apr 18, 2016, 3:14:55 PM
Sorry I didn't see that you are using vinktar's. But tbh if you rely on that flask for your shock then I would probably play a pathfinder instead. Keeping up flask charges would be way easier.

And of course your tooltip dps is higher with a 'more' multiplier. But that doesn't tell anything about clearspeed.
"
dEus__ wrote:
Sorry I didn't see that you are using vinktar's. But tbh if you rely on that flask for your shock then I would probably play a pathfinder instead. Keeping up flask charges would be way easier.

And of course your tooltip dps is higher with a 'more' multiplier. But that doesn't tell anything about clearspeed.

You can't get 66%/75% chance to dodge with a Pathfinder =). I mean I could just remove all the evasion, chance to dodge, change ascendency and pick up critical strike chances instead. Yes I could do it. Yes I would have more DPS and clear speed (it's expensive tho). But it's not my build^^

Spectral Throw tooltip is a good indicator because you don't have a secondary hit/effet. Loosing 7K DPS to get 5% chance to shock is quite massive.

Plus, compared to the others ST builds, I don't rely on gaining charges (no frenzy, no power) or crit. My tooltip is at 45k GMP DPS at lowest, with such DPS on tooltip I don't even bother using my elemental weakness curse on white trash or low hp/res blue/rares mobs.

I usually curse and use my vessel of vinktar when I feel it's taking too much time to get monsters down or on boss. Feel free to check the videos I uploaded (5-7 min to clear map, I'm not speed running. I guess it would take me less than 3 min to speed run a Gorge map).

Btw I'm using a Atziri's Promise instead of my Basalt flask for T10-11 faster clear speed.

High resistances monsters (hello uber atziri) are a big problem but added lightning wouldn't help in any case :(

Edit : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0bdXO8KmQc 3:30 Gorge map with Temp chain. I forgot to use vaal haste and picked up some stuff.
Last edited by 3olf on Apr 19, 2016, 11:06:26 AM
Have you considered using hot instead of anger and swapping a support gem for lightning pen
I initially planned to play wrath + HoT + PoL with Lightning Coil but it doesn't provide a lot of DPS. I already have 14% lightning pen (8% light pen + 6% elemental pen) + elemental weakness curse (44%).

My DPS with Wrath + Anger is 45k GMP Unbuff. Wrath alone = 34K DPS. Wrath + HoT = 38k DPS. If I remove Pierce (for Light pen) Wrath + HoT = 29k DPS.

Nice build, planning to rock it in the next league :)

is the +x% increased elemental damage with weapon mod better than an additional cold attack damage on the sword ?
@Dolmax1 : Yes.
Hey, how do you keep your mana up for early levels, i always ran out of mana because the attack speed is too fast
How do you think about combo herald + curse ?
Nice build mate
I couldn't find a way to add a curse+herald setup in my build. You need less mana reservation if you want to add HoT/HoI + a 3L slot in your equipment. I just keep manual cursing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info