[2.2, PHC] Astaxoth, the End of All That Is [47k pBased Crit 'Nado, All Map Mods w/ Reflect]

Its the end. :P

For starters i highly recommend to check out Nervsinks Archer Guide, he explains a lot of the basic about archery and their skills.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1041989

Pros:
- 47k TS
- 6k HP + Forty (Basically, its 7,5k HP)
- 89% Chance to avoid Projectile Damage (AD + Dodge + Eva combined)
- 68% Chance to avoid Melee Attack Damage (AD + Dodge + Eva combined)
- 52-56% Chance to Evade Reflected Damage (1200-1400 Accu and 17,5k Eva)
- 45% Spell Dodge
- Can do all map mods including anykind of reflect. (See Vid section)

Cons:
- Constant degen of 4% due to Vaal Pact and Blood Rage
- You want to play a phys based build ? You need a good weapon, get used to it :)
- Tornado Shot is an alround skill. It doesn't have the AoE clearspeed like LA+Chain or the single target like Blast Rain/Puncture/Frenzy. But its still extremly powerfull.
- 4/10 Items are uniques without res. In addition, we need suffixes for crit/critmulti. This means we have to move a lot of resistances to the passive tree.
- Requires a budget of around 25-30 Ex

1.1 Intro
Spoiler
As usual, the meta with the full chaos conversion just bores me. I was trying this time to build essentially around reflect. For an Evasion based character, this actually just means that you have to fine tune your accuracy and your evasion. However, it also means, that you have to take Vaal Pact and decent amount of leech. The Duelist leech nodes makes the life for the Wraeclastian here a lot easier.
This current build can do all mods including reflect as a map mod, but you have to switch 1 gem for phys2light (Only for the map mod!!). You actually gain DPS, going up from 47,5k to ~51k while you in addition gain the ability to shock enemies. However, i find it more usefull to have a decent amount of physical damage, thus, i dont use it all the time.
The normal reflect mod on rares is in no cases a danger, either Phys or Ele reflect

1.2 Passive (Bandits: Passive, Passive, Power Charge)

1.3 Gems 'n Stuff
Spoiler

Armor:
n/a (Kaom's Heart)

Bow:
I tried here to essentially avoid Physical Proj Att Damage. Harbingers already have a pretty slow attackspeed and i just dont like it to play with a slow, hard hitting weapon.

Helm:
Remove the ice golem on phys reflect map for little better chance to evade and more leech.

Boots:
Needs to be 3-L. Use the 4th slot for Hatred.

Gloves:
Decoy Totem is a really good tool to lure mobs or rares/uniques. Use it!

1.4 Flasks
Spoiler

Flask slot 5 is for potting out the Blood Rage degen. Rest is just standard. Add an other Utility if you don't think you need the Basalt.

1.5 Gear 'n Stuff
Spoiler

You can swap the amulet with one that do have some resses, if you cannot cap your char for ele weakness. A 300 DPS Harbinger will do the job as well ;)

2.0 Character Sheets
Spoiler

Offence
Spoiler

Defence
Spoiler

2.1 Character Improvements
Spoiler

Changes at Lv96
Spoiler

- Changed Quiver to:

- Removed 2 Eva/Life hybrid nodes
- Added the full pierce wheel
- changed the first jewel to

Changes at Lv97
Spoiler

- Removed 1 life node, Ranger Frenzy charge, 10% proj damage at pierce wheel
- Added Jewelslot at Shadow Area and Fangs of the Viper
- Removed the int/dex/res/life jewel
- added 2 new jewels

DPS went up to 51k. Capped in all res for ele weak now :)

3.0 Player Suggestions and Ideas
Spoiler

4.0 Vids
Spoiler

T9 Gorge run w/ Phys Reflect
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_0Qd8Kk6s8&feature=youtu.be

T12 Overgrown Ruin, Ele Weak, Vuln, add Light DMG, add Life, add Rares + Zana Onslaught
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IqnJnIsi94o&feature=youtu.be

Best Regards
Asta
Welcome to the greatest of arenas, Duelist. God is watching you.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Apr 12, 2016, 11:38:12 AM
Last bumped on Aug 27, 2016, 1:27:42 PM
Looks a bit underwhelming, but from all I read is a beautifully crafted build.

Only con for me is the Bow/DPS is reaches. Would be nice if it was a tad higher, but oh well...HC after all ^^

What would you change for softcore play?
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Agreed, im a bit pragmatic with my guides, putting only essential stuff in :)

But there are guides out there you cant compete, because they are worked on for like 1.5 years (Neversinks guide). If you see some necessity for more information, lmk.

Puh, hard to say. I've alreay like 42+ damage nodes on the passive and very low HP (I think my final passive had around 148 w/o jews. Thats already SC level ;))

For Sc

You can swap Kaoms for a solid Rare Eva chest. This will bump your Evasion (with 2k eva) to around 25k. Remove the Helmet, cuz you can fix your res with the Armor and add then Rats Nest. Crit will be too high. You can take a Frenzy charge from bandits then and change Pcoc for Critmulti. Remove 2 points of the Eva/Life combined nodes and take the remaining 2x20% crit nodes (Shadow start and near Arrow Dancing).

There is not much room for getting more, tbh, since i already have so many Damage nodes ;)

"
Only con for me is the Bow/DPS is reaches

You can get much higher dps, but not with that amount of EHP i have.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Apr 8, 2016, 3:02:06 AM
Added section 2.1 Character Improvements and added my changes at lv96

Please node: those are by no means necessary. Those improvements are just very tiny steps and are very, very costly.

Last edited by Astarte911 on Apr 10, 2016, 6:24:01 AM
added my changes at lv97

i think that your last build is better. More defences and more clear speed.
I'm not Brazilian.
Hello good sir, I'm following your guide step by step. Thank you for your time to create this.
I have a question.
With 100% mana reserved, from grace and hatred, how do we cast our great tornado shot? I must be missing something. Are we casting TS on blood magic?
hi where you get 45% dodge spell?
"
zeroonea wrote:
hi where you get 45% dodge spell?

Phase Acrobatics + Atziri's Step

"
moprix wrote:
Hello good sir, I'm following your guide step by step. Thank you for your time to create this.
I have a question.
With 100% mana reserved, from grace and hatred, how do we cast our great tornado shot? I must be missing something. Are we casting TS on blood magic?

He skilled Charisma (8+4% reduced mana reserved).. so he has enough mana to use Tornado Shot.
Last edited by Toaster404 on Aug 27, 2016, 1:30:23 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info