[2.2 Saboteur] Velocious Blight Build (Chaos) Atziri/High-tier Maps <Video Included> Cheap Build

Velocious Blight Build
I'm posting this because I've never made such a powerful build before. I've not killed Atziri before either, let alone multiple times and at 80th level while still in a Tabula Rasa. It's a very inexpensive build (costing around 2ex or less if you're thrifty). I thought some of you who, like me, aren't wealthy might want to try out a build that will actually kill the big bosses in the game without having to grind for thirty exalts worth of gear.

The Main Skills
This build uses four attacks: Frost Nova, Fire Trap, Firestorm & Frost Bomb. I convert all this cold and fire damage to chaos damage and wreak havoc.

Notes on the Attacks

Fire Trap and Frost Nova are your bread and butter. They kill the little groups and can even take out yellows and blues pretty easily. They are also great to use when you need to stop something that's chasing you since there's no delay in the firing once they've been placed.

Firestorm is the boss and crowd killer. Nothing gets through the storm. If you need to draw a line in the sand and disallow anything past a certain area, just keep dropping this trap. Also, if you time it correctly, you can one-shot almost every boss.

I just recently (after most of the video footage) dropped Ice Trap for Frost Bomb. Frost Bomb is used only when you have time to wait such as when you fight the guardians in the apex, open a strongbox, fight vagan or know that monsters will continue to come over a certain area again. Since the Frost Bomb is delayed, you can cast more traps on top of it once the traps trigger (but before the spell itself has fired) and double dip into the DPS pool firing 18 traps at once in a single area.

The tooltip is a lie.
Don't believe what you read on the tooltip regarding the DPS. It does not take into account overlapping and poison stacking. Try it out and you'll see what I mean. As you can see in the video, one round of traps is enough to knock down Atziri (provided I don't miss :P).

Setup

Skill Tree
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAYDAAAGBbUHHgdjCNQNjQ5IES8RlhR1FfYajRvgHvAj9iT9JpUnqSoLKwowfDGzMgEyGDY9N9Q6s0V8SVFKfU2SUUdTMVVLVvpX2FsmW69d8mHiYetiT2J5YqxknWSqZ05noGo2bAhsjG06b3dwUXBSdm9313pTew1-sH8rf8Z_-4d2idOKBow2jX2Nv4_6kA2VLpeXmyabhp2qnsSio6a-shmzA7Q4tMW1SLd1wfPC7MkGy73PetQj1orYVNvn3Q3jn-UZ51TopOjW62Pr9ewY7T_uFfDV8PnxivId-_X_3g==

Jewels

Build Guide
I won't be doing a build-guide but here's a video of the build including the gear, gems and tree. I'll post more videos later when I get some map drops higher then tier 12.

The video has an index in the description so you can watch just the parts you want if you don't wish to watch it all.
https://youtu.be/-RLCmVuupfc

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this. Please let me know if you can think of any improvements or corrections. Thanks for reading :).

Last edited by CentauriSoldier on Apr 6, 2016, 12:44:07 PM
Last bumped on Apr 6, 2016, 2:39:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info