Performance Improvements

Thank you for this.
"
Awoudex wrote:
Giving people the controll over what level of graphics, shades, textures, sprites etc. etc. etc. they want in the game will improve their gaming experience at the cost of some visual perks.

I like to think that people rather play the game on lower settings than have too high settings forced and have crashes, stutters and very long load times. If they can afford a better machine, they can get all the graphics they want

Very true. I'd love to turn down the graphics even more on my old laptop when I travel, then leave them max on my desktop.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
I have suggestions.

the initial load is a generic asset load mostly likely encountered by players.
I think you should link the top assets required by the specific player, even
the specific player char.

have a record made of what assets the client demanded and on what char were those
assets demanded, then preload the most frequently required assets for the player.

-hideout assets for that player
-whatever act they left off in, load that act.
I am Bimatoproststore nice post! I like it...
www.bimatoproststore.com
Thanks Chris !!! :)
i've been playing on and off for a while now and i have to say: thank you. improvements on how fast the game loads are great, i'm playing on a lame machine and starting the game and opening strongboxes feels 10x faster than a year ago. i'm still sometimes down to single-digit fps on dominus rain phase, but that's ok, i enjoy the game very much

rain in general is a pain sometimes, but at least you know where and when that happens, same for the bane of overcorpsed ground (never again will i enter a fracturing map), but i encountered some new (for me) areas that really slow down the client: walking the edge of ascendancy trial map awareness (not just when it possibly loads, walking in and out of range) and sometimes halfway through an aqueduct/channel-type map - harddrive isn't blinking there it doesn't seem to be a content loading problem. i hope for some of these problems to go away one day. keep up the good work :)
"
aman_eu wrote:
never again will i enter a fracturing map
In case you missed it, Fracture mod is legacy now. So the only chance to encounter it is to enter legacy (with Atlas it will be double-legacy, haha) map.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Hey GGG remember all my shitposting about how you don't do anything about performance? Guess I have to apologize - you really fixed burning ground. Thank you for this.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Greets!

Kinda late in the posting game but thanks GGG. - The game seems smoother now. :)
Thanks for updates and fixes, but i still have lags and freeze in game and client crash everyday (not very often).
But this is better then before was.

Thanks for your hard works!
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info