[2.2] Hyaon's Fury LS build - PSC

This is no longer being updated, please read at your own discretion
This build was designed around "Enchantress by Orange Juice" from Diablo II. When I was looking at the unique items when I first started, I was actually aiming for something to replicate the Dream rune word. The first thing I noticed was, of course, Hyaon's Fury.

I made a good collection of characters that planned on using it, but I could never get them out of cruel without a million deaths, so I eventually gave up and started using a Windripper build (4 in fact). I got bored enough of playing the same build enough times. I decided to go melee with the release of Ascendancy with the plan of using Double Strike and Hyaon's Fury.

After getting a good feel for how Double Strike works, I dropped it and went for Lightning Strike. My only qualm with Lightning Strike is the fact that it doesn't really feel like a melee skill. Ignoring that, I feel that it is the best skill to use for this build and I don't recommend using anything else.

So what does this build and "Enchantress by Orange Juice" have in common? Nothing

Skills you can use
Lightning Strike or Spectral Throw
Leap Slam and/or Whirling Blades and/or Lightning Warp
Vaal Lightning Trap
Vaal Lightning Strike - I don't use it
And Whatever golem makes you feel fabulous

* Why?
Spoiler

1. Lightning Strike is core to the build. It would be a completely different guide without it
2. Leap Slam is better than Whirling Blades because you already move at an insane rate, and the jump is needed to desync, I mean jump over obstacles.
--- 2a. Don't use Lightning Warp, you have no Cast Speed
3. There is a good reason why Vaal Lightning Trap is one of the most used skills in this meta, and that's shock. Speaking of shock, you can't with Elemental Focus.
4. Is Vaal Lightning Strike any different without its chain?
5. Golems are more of fluff to this build, they can help a lot, or not at all.

--- Ice Golem - Good if you have some crit multi or need accuracy (don't get too much to where you can't evade your own reflect)
--- Fire Golem - Bonus damage is always good, not good for tanking damage
--- Chaos Golem - Flat physical reduction is huge, but watch out for the Int requirement
--- Stone Golem - Good for tanking and keeping you alive... somewhat, I use this because it help keeps mobs busy
--- Thunder Golem - Helps you move around faster and boosts your Attack Speed

Auras
Wrath - Damage for you, damage for your friends, nothing to be upset about
Herald of Thunder - Your goal is to get a 20% Quality gem for the global Lightning Damage

Pros and Cons

Disclaimer:
I do not know how hardcore viable this build is.
I believe this build can run Atziri, but I do not like fighting her.

* Pros
+ Very Fast clear
+ Does high level maps quite easily
+ Cheap gear (Lightning Coil costs the most)
+ Raider Ascendancy and The Blood Dance make sustaining frenzy charges a joke
+ Ranged?
+ Extremely high movement speed (+74%)

* Cons
- Elemental Reflect can be scary (99% of damage is elemental)
- Don't get hit. You can sustain most damage instantly, but your health isn't that high.
- Might need to Grab Elemental Resistances on the tree (don't feel bad, that's what they are for)

My Gear

* Core Items
Spoiler

-On Hyaon's Fury: AS > Lightning Damage -- I got this one for 1c
-Lightning Coil is standard on any evasion based character
-The Blood Dance gives you a ton of bonuses for stacking Frenzy Charges

Jewels

Be careful for Melee Damage, because Lightning Strike's projectiles are not melee
You want: Life, Lightning Damage, Attack Speed, Life Gain on Hit, Mana Gain on Hit, Elemental Resistances, etc

* Anything goes spots
Spoiler

My Good items

My Bad items

You need int for Herald of Thunder, so keep that in mind

Other

Sibyl's Lament if you really need that reflect reduction and have enough resistances
Chernobog's Pillar feels very Diablo II, which is the only reason why I use it, without it, you need to find a way to curse
Thousand Teeth Temu best in slot unless you have a good rare shield
Crest of Perandus a very very good cheap shield, good unless you have a better rare shield

Also keep in mind of Elemental Equilibrium, so try to grab cold and fire damage somewhere

My Links

Lightning Strike - Multistrike - Wed - Elemental Focus
--- Added Lightning/Physical to Lightning
--- Faster Attacks/Chain

Leap Slam - Fortify - Faster Attacks

Immortal Call - Cast when Damage Taken - Increased Duration
--- I don't feel that this is required, but I have too many feel links anyways

You can also try:

Spoiler

Tempest Shield - Curse on Hit - Cast when Damage Taken - Any Curse
--- This doesn't seem to work, but it should

Phase Run - Cast when Damage Taken
--- This can save your life due to the fact that Phase Run eats all of your Frenzy decreasing damage taken from Hyaon's Fury.

Portal - Cast on Death
--- Why not? :^)

Blood Rage - Cast when Damage Taken
--- The Blood Dance should counteract the health degen, don't run this with Vaal Pact

Reckoning, Vengeance, Riposte - Endurance Charge on Melee Stun
---I'm just making links up at this point

Ascendancy Class

Raider

The huntress has much to learn from the wiles of her quarry.
No hunt is complete without the gutting and the skinning.

Way of the Poacher then
Rapid Assault

You can go Deadeye, but that's a completely different build.

The Bandits

Normal: Oak
Cruel: Kraityn or point, but the attack speed helps a ton
Merciless: Kraityn

Skill Tree
* 106 used
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAJuNCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn1173r-uu4O_MWjilb6DY0j9t1GW6-Hdk2SjX1jp04q458wfBGBTP8j00p9UUdqk0Mxj2BvJzfUPs-Nvxm0v9XDM9rBmmrtP73mBbXUI76nU7taGi5TdO3C7GVN028FLbTFvTYM8mKsR36ly2yMhNmdqgHcNj134xvIqW7P3eOEwBrxig5IeA1vO13yEZa18p7Ek5VuqjWSpr6tM0rI2L1URxnXiq8_J4w2kBEqTVVLe8MA7mHiLOkmlYazFr_lGbQ4-_WXl0V8
-----
-----
If you think you have a better tree that doesn't change the build, please share it

Things to Note with this tree
+3 Frenzy
Acrobatics + Phase Acrobatics for later
Only +155% Health
+212% Evasion
+84% Armour (not including Acrobatics)
Vitality Void - This is huge
+5 Jewel Sockets
200%+ Elemental damage
+16% Lightning Penetration with weapons

* 120 used #Goals
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAJuNCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn1173r-uucK7g4Km_zFo4pW-njrDY0j9t1GW6-Hdk2SjX1jp04q458wfBGBTP8j00p9UUdqk0Mxj2BvJzfUPs-Nvxm0v9XDM9rBmmrtP73mBbXUI76nU7taGi5TdO3C7DBxZU3TbwUttMXdqL02DPJirEt4R36ly2yMOkKE2Z2qAdw2PXfj62OpbhEvtUjAGisKeA1vO13ytfIOSJ7Ebqo1khGWpr5KyP6P2L2TlVRHiq8_J03j_gqtM4w2kBEqTfJFGddVS-UZe8MA7kfiYeK0OCzpIuImlfv1hrOkORa_l5dFfBcmeoTQrUHQa5AS8QAA
-----
-----
If you think you have a better tree that doesn't change the build, please share it

Leveling
Spoiler

I did something extremely interesting

You see these three items? I used these to level 65 (I thought Hyaon's fury was level 65)
I did it in one day, it was very fast and easy
Do not party, you don't have DPS to share, you actually clear faster alone

Use Shrapnel Shot - GMP
then
Tornado Shot - Pierce - LMP/GMP - Faster Attacks - Wed - Mana Leech

Drop the Tabula Rasa for a Lightning Coil once you can use it

Conclusion

I haven't gotten that far, but this character feels very strong. I might play more once I get rid of this burnout for making like 10 characters in a month. I'm currently playing in PSC and I plan to get 90 with this character.

I spent around 3 hours making sure this guide contains all of the information needed to replicate what I've done. If you think there is something that could be done better, or if think I completely missed something, Please let me know.
R.I.P. Harvest crafting. You were amazing for one league
Last edited by Icewave21 on Sep 17, 2016, 5:18:16 PM
Last bumped on Sep 17, 2016, 5:17:09 PM
Nice! I recently theory-crafted my own Hyaon's Raider. I'm using Lacerate, though, and going pure armour-based wearing Daresso's Defiance. Instead of Wrath I'm running Grace, so I have over 10k armour, which I think will eventually hit about 13k. I plan to wear Alpha's Howl in a few levels so that I can run both Grace and Wrath. I have a Static Electricity socketed near Profane Chemistry. Instead of using Blood Dance, I keep up charges with Blood Rage (which gives attack speed and also means we avoid the reductions of Blood Dance). This also frees up the boot slot for Darkray Vectors -- +1 frenzy charge == more dmg, plus 18% attack dodge (combines with Daresso's for 24%).

Lacerate - Multistrike - AoE - Weapon Ele Dmg - Lightning Pen

I'm still only lvl 64, but this is my tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIBAI2_7T831L3mPs_YvTWStfJRRzB8jX1NkiP27g7vev66fXXTfgBeGY7tgwgum40Ftb6npctirGyMIWAtgwzyfystTS9ydPHGrjwtVvrdRmOnEYENjVuvh3bjn0p9Tioj028nmmqPYEz_QzHDM1oa2sGDzMLstMV07QUtLlPTb7_VU7sXJnqE0K1B0G6q3Q23Pp2qeu-mV3KpkArE9v4KGbREnmVNvTYqTT8nSsj2oxUgLOmGswDuKaUS8WuQfNn3Mk3j_o9TpRynDF97w5ARiq-kOSLiR-KDX8QV

It seems like your build ultimately has higher AoE damage, what with the shadow ele dmg stuff, and my having to waste a gem link on AoE to make Lacerate work. Lacerate is pretty good vs. single target though, since both strikes will hit bosses. Mine slightly makes up for the dmg difference by capitalizing on frenzy charges a little more, but I don't think it's enough to close the AoE clear speed gap.

On the other hand, it seems like my build is a bit tankier. The large armour layer helps mitigate Hyaon's drawback vs. both small and medium hits. I still get a decent amount of dodge btwn Vector's and Daresso's, though not quite as much as the full Acrobatic's cluster gives, and I also can't evade, which is huge. Daresso's gives me good IC's though. So, I think you're probably safer vs. ele dmg attacks and spells than I am, but I imagine that I'm safer vs. physical dmg. Also, my tree has a little bit more life.

Resolute Technique is pretty nice for boosting dmg and giving a consistent feel tbh, but I haven't played a Lightning Strike character before -- are the ground lightning projectiles capable of missing?
Last edited by Proslambanomenos on Sep 8, 2016, 8:18:52 AM
Hello, thank you for taking interest in the build here. Due to this being one of the very first builds that got me out of the early game, it's very bad.

"
are the ground lightning projectiles capable of missing?

Yes, they're an attack, so they can miss. I don't take Resolute Technique due to this build being evasion/dex based so the character has a higher accuracy rating.

The build that I have placed has a very-very low life pool, The problem with this build is actually the various bad choices I make with the skilltree. (lowlife, no projectile damage, non-pierce)

Hyaon's Fury is a cheap weapon that can help if for a bit but it's better to get a physical based sword.

When it comes down to Lightning Coil vs Daresso, I prefer Lightning Coil always unless you have very low lightning resistance.

I hate Blood Rage, I will never use it because something about it makes me very mad. The main reason for using The Blood Dance isn't the Frenzy generation either. When you're using a weapon that makes you take increased damage, then you should never underestimate life regeneration and movement speed. Now that I think about it, Darkray Vectors are really strong for a build like this

(Also please ignore the rares in my original post, they're very outdated)
R.I.P. Harvest crafting. You were amazing for one league
Last edited by Icewave21 on Sep 21, 2016, 3:45:13 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info