Intuitive Leap Bug

You can't disconnect from the tree a point that was connected to the rest of the tree once you put it under the influence of Intuitive Leap.

Step 1:
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAFvBAcHHhEPEVAUsBV-FdcXVBslHU8d2R8CIoEsvzLRNbk2iTbFN4E62DsNPAU9Dz1fQktDVEVHSVFLrkwtTLNSU1KyU9RWSlZjXGtfame9aFhtGXC7cql8u3zwf8aCHoKbhEiFxYauiEKJ2It6jYKOPI_6kQeSdJMnlS6XlZf0mjueoZ8Bn9-hL6cIpyuvp7v8vorAZsHFw23E9sb30B_Q0NHk15bXz9gk2VvfiuL341bk6-kC6-7sGOw473zviO_r8NX0cfTp-Tc=

Step 2:
You put Intuitive Leap above Resolute Technique jewel.

Step 3:
You allocate Resolute Technique Keystone. So far you're saving 1 point.

Step 4:
You refund all the points EXCEPT TWO: Resolute Technique and the jewel socket itself where Intuitive Leap is allocated. Leaving the tree like this:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMBAAFvBAcHHhEPEVAUsBV-FdcXVBslHU8d2R8CIoEsvzLRNbk2iTbFN4E7DTwFPV9CS0NURUdJUUuuTC1Ms1JTUrJT1FZKVmNca19qZ71tGXC7fPB_xoIegpuESIXFhq6IQot6jYKOPI_6kQeSdJMnlS6XlZf0mjueoZ8Bn9-hL6cIpyu7_L6KwGbBxcNtxvfQH9DQ0eTXz9gk2VvfiuL341bk6-kC6-7sGO9874jv6_DV9HH06fk3
(Plus the 2 points already told)

Either Intuitive leap doesn't affect jewel slots, or it's shaped like a donut, or, as none of those things are indicated, this is a bug.

I know, I know, you don't think it's a bug. Apparently everyone thinks "if that were possible everyone will be doing it". Keep in mind that:
-There are tons of OP builds in PoE, and a build abusing this, would also have been extremely expensive (because the jewels price would also be increased, and all the regret orbs you need...).
-If "too OP" would be the case, then this jewel will simply go legit. There are tons of OP items that gone legit.
-Evidently GGG doesn't feel bad about "too OP" builds (if it doesn't cut diversity because it become the only option, and with expensive jewels and regrets, that would be the case).
-GGG tries to be precise with it's wording.
-That's not what it says on the item.
-Everyone tries to make a very good (or the best) build he can.

TL;DR:
According to what the item says, it should work.
According to what the item does, it should say otherwise.

GGG you made me waste half my currency in a build that won't work. You always say you try to be precise with the wording of all the mechanics of the game, but you fail miserably, constantly. This is not my first misunderstanding: Curse on hit + traps, Vaal Righteous Fire + Spell totem, and provably many more I forgot. COULD YOU PLEASE make something to avoid these misunderstanding? Just publish a sheet of what supports/keystones can support what gems and somebody will make a web-app, and develop some protocol to write down the descriptions and not simply what "it sounds right", because, really, how was I supposed to know that Intuitive leap works with all the nodes except the one in the center? Apparently for what everyone says is "common sense". Common sense of a magic item on an imaginary skill tree on a virtual game...

inb4: U mad?
Last edited by Visca on Apr 2, 2016, 11:20:04 PM
Last bumped on May 9, 2017, 5:47:43 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
I'm having trouble following what you are saying. Are you saying you can refund points between the jewel socket and the rest of the tree? Because you shouldn't be able to.

Got a screenshot instead of a link to the web tree?
Guild Leader The Amazon Basin <BASIN>
Play Nice and Show Some Class www.theamazonbasin.com
"
mark1030 wrote:
I'm having trouble following what you are saying. Are you saying you can refund points between the jewel socket and the rest of the tree? Because you shouldn't be able to.

Got a screenshot instead of a link to the web tree?

No. It actually works as you say, instead of how the description of the jewel says. The jewel doesn't affect the jewel socket where it's placed. The area of the jewel isn't "area: small" but "area: donut".

And apparently is "common sense" to know the geometrical form of the jewels. Maybe corrupted jewels have "area: pentagram".
Last edited by Visca on Apr 2, 2016, 11:28:29 PM
Ok, still not following. The jewel says radius. Radius is the measure of a circle. So the area around the jewel is a circle of that size radius. Where are you getting that it isn't a circle?

Here are the sizes of the small, medium, and large radii:

Intuitive leap uses the small circle.
Last edited by mark1030 on Apr 3, 2016, 2:06:26 AM
So you want it to sustain itself with no connection to the rest of your tree? That doesn't even make sense that a jewel would work if it's not connected to your tree. And I can't imagine anybody would think otherwise.
"
mark1030 wrote:
So you want it to sustain itself with no connection to the rest of your tree? That doesn't even make sense that a jewel would work if it's not connected to your tree. And I can't imagine anybody would think otherwise.

I don't mean just the jewel, but the jewel socket. That's an important point because it requires to connect the jewel to the rest of the tree and then disconnect it with refund points. Not just drop the jewel at any socket.

What's the difference between this and gear with stats and requirements you can't use but grant enough stats themselves to use it. You need to meet the requirements prior to equipping it, but then the stats of the gear itself count towards those requirements?????

"
Visca wrote:

TL;DR:
According to what the item says, it should work.
According to what the item does, it should say otherwise.

"
Passives* in Radius can be Allocated without being connected to your tree

*According to the wiki, Jewel sockets are under the "Passive Nodes" category: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Passive_skill#Jewel_sockets

According to the official web, this wiki is the reference for information related to the game. Otherwise they wouldn't had put a link to it (under "Game" menu). They could have left it out simply as a third party tool (and no long ago it's how it was).

According to: https://www.pathofexile.com/theawakening/jewels
"
Craft Magic and Rare Jewels
Magic and rare Jewels can be crafted using the same set of Orbs that affect other items in Path of Exile. By rerolling and modifying your Jewels, you're able to essentially create your own Notable Passives, some of which can be substantially more powerful than those offered by the tree itself.

They define that jewels are like Notable Passives.

All this bug it's not about change how the jewel works, what I aimed for was:
-Prove that it's not unreasonably to believe what the jewel say.
-What the jewel says is simply WRONG. Change the description to be accurate.
-Relieve the frustration and anger because GGG made me lose 70 chaos in a build that won't work.
-Show GGG that those kind of errors (incorrect/inaccurate wording) are the most build breaking bugs, thus making it one of the most frustrating bugs. All in hope they try to tackle this matter somehow (I even gave a suggestion on the first post).
Last edited by Visca on Apr 4, 2016, 5:48:57 AM
I agree with OP here, especially because of this:
"
Visca wrote:

What's the difference between this and gear with stats and requirements you can't use but grant enough stats themselves to use it. You need to meet the requirements prior to equipping it, but then the stats of the gear itself count towards those requirements?????

If the jewel does not affect the socket he is put into, it should clearly say so.

"Metas rotate all the time, eventually the developers will buff melee"
PoE 2013-2018
bump
This isn't a bug.

A jewel slot is not a notable slot, it is a regular node. You need to have 4 notables in it's area or the jewel won't work. If you want that changed, go to the feedback forum.

"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info