Labyrinth way too long

"
Risen90 wrote:
"
grepman wrote:
if you run it ~10 times, you start noticing clear patterns.

Why in gods name would I want to run that place 10 times? 3 is too much... Memorizing the entire labyrinth has nothing to do with this as most people hate the place and only run it as necessary.
ah, speaking for everyone again. gotcha.

btw this was in response to 'Yes because everyone aims to completely memorize the Labyrinth (/_-)'. you said like it's a super hard thing to do. whereas its a simple thing and you don't need a ball of thread or be Theseus, just common sense of direction of where you went each time. labyrinth is streamlined as shit already
"
grepman wrote:

Try actually using the forums :) there are countless threads with many pages of people who hate the Labyrinth and not want to run it more than the needed 3 times.
Here is another thread on the first page of feedback and support with 36 pages. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602474 that's over 360 people alone in one thread... there is many other threads similar to this if you actually looked. You said yourself would take like 10 runs to memorize it, 3 (which it should take to do without resets) times is hardly enough. Unless you care that much about remembering it, which I don't.
"
Risen90 wrote:
"
if you completely memorize it

Yes because everyone aims to completely memorize the Labyrinth (/_-)... For everyone else (including me after my second time attempting to run it) it takes around 20-30 mins.

Are you kidding me, you need to remember 7 right/left. It shouldnt take more than 2-3 runs to get the feel of the layout. Most areas are done quite easy by just hugging the right wall.

When you have done a total of 8-10 runs you should get the idea of how the lab is setup up in general, and after this runs shouldnt take more than 10 minutes if you have quicksilver and some ms.

Edit* Also, there is a DAILY reddit update with actual map layout and such, use it...

You just wasted 3 seconds reading this.
Last edited by Tian_Yihao on Apr 1, 2016, 4:09:28 PM
"
Tian_Yihao wrote:
It shouldnt take more than 2-3 runs to get the feel of the layout.

Considering how much hate there is for it, pretty sure a lot of people only want to run it the necessary 3 times. Congrats you memorized it after you no longer need to run it! Doesn't change the fact that its still boring as hell for a lot of people.
"
Risen90 wrote:
"
grepman wrote:

Try actually using the forums :) there are countless threads with many pages of people who hate the Labyrinth and not want to run it more than the needed 3 times.
Here is another thread on the first page of feedback and support with 36 pages. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602474 that's over 360 people alone in one thread... there is many other threads similar to this if you actually looked. You said yourself would take like 10 runs to memorize it, 3 (which it should take to do without resets) times is hardly enough. Unless you care that much about remembering it, which I don't.

I use the forums, thank you. I have like 3k+ posts on here. again, speaking for everyone is just silly. many people like the lab and many people dont like it. saying everyone is like you is simply intellectually dishonest.

and I didnt say 10 runs to memorize the layout of the same lab. I said 10 runs to understand patterns. if you run one lab, you naturally remember where you went and what path you took, and you even have maps at every entrance/exit. if/when you die or dc, its really easy to get back by using natural memory.

kinda like when you drive in an unknown city, you memorize what turn you took on which street and can batrack if needed.

but maybe thats just me and all the kool kids nowadays use google maps and navigation not memorizing shit, trusting GPS and shit like that.
"
grepman wrote:
[

but maybe thats just me and all the kool kids nowadays use google maps and navigation not memorizing shit, trusting GPS and shit like that.

who's speaking for everyone now?

some people like myself, just genuinely have difficulty with directions. And I was a college graduate before consumer GPS was a thing, so don't give me any crap about being dependent on GPS.
Quoting Saltychipmunk:
...I look at the new act 5 boss where you have to hide behind the statues to survive the bullet hell and all I can think is... how the fuck are zombies going to survive that?

They don't know what hiding is... they don't know what dodging is... they are morons.
Last edited by joachimbond on Apr 1, 2016, 4:30:04 PM
"
Risen90 wrote:
"
Char1983 wrote:
The problem is not the Labyrinth being too long. The problem is that you DCd. The length of the lab is fine. The technical problems should be (and hopefully will be) resolved.

The problem is there is no save point in the Labyrinth. The fact that this game is awfully optimized and can have massive lag spikes at any point not to mention dc's from this game are common causing you to have to redo the entire thing. The Labyrinth takes most people around half an hour for boring and repetitive content that you have to do 3 times on every character you make. Scroll through the forums yourself and see just how many other people are complaining about how bad the Labyrinth is. Should be either nuked from the game or fixed via save points.

The "problem" of there being no save point wouldn't be one if the game didn't crash. Mine hardly crashes, not sure what you are doing (I am on a shitty internet connection and a MacBook Pro, which is not exactly ideal for running PoE).

(and yes, I am saying this even though I died to final Cruel Izaro two times earlier today)
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Risen90 wrote:
So I just got to the final room in the Labyrinth where I can unlock the chests and set my ascendancy thing and I get disconnected. After the second time this has happened words cannot describe how pissed I am and how long and tedious the labyrinth is only to have it completely reset. You REALLY need to add some progression save feature in here as your servers and game optimization are damn awful and lag spikes causing death/disconnects are incredibly common. Wish me luck at the third attempt trying to get through this hellhole part of the game which should never have been implemented.

Or they can simply un-gate the ascendancy classes (AC) and remove the labyrinth as a requirement to acquire them. Saving a ton of time for players that instead of spenting it in a tedious and frustrating clone of arcade games they can now spent it in what they find fun (and if they find fun the labyrinth then no damage is done too).

See signature and join the petition.
Inundated with cockroaches, I am

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216 - labyrinth rework ideas/suggestions
True. They could also make Act4 optional as a lot of people don't seem to like it. And Act3. And Act2 maybe. Also, acquiring gear seems pretty tedious, why not give it out for free?
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
The "problem" of there being no save point wouldn't be one if the game didn't crash. Mine hardly crashes, not sure what you are doing (I am on a shitty internet connection and a MacBook Pro, which is not exactly ideal for running PoE).

Given GGG's history with optimizations, it could take a good while to be solved (remember the rain!). I'd take the save points for the next year or more in that case.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info