Benifits Of Idenifying magic Items?

Everyone knows to id an yellow or brown item but how about magic items?

Pros
-When at a higher level you can afford to id magic items
-You sometimes get alteration shards instead of transmutation shards (bet you didn't know this =p)

Cons
-At low levels wisdom scrolls are creatively uncommon compared to the amount of magic items found
-Wastes inventory space to keep magic items
-Vials always (you can correct me on this) give wisdom fragments
-Saving some items can make special item recipes

So in the end sometimes it can be worth to id magic items... i found the best thing to do is only pick up magic items if they take up less then 2x2 spaces. So this includes some sheilds, helms, belts, rings,
The shards that you get for selling a magic item are based on the magic mods on the item. The best mod types with high modifier values can sell for quite a bit. On the other hand it is also possible to get crappy mods and the item will sell for less than it would have if it were unidentified. It can be a bit of a gamble identifying magic items if you're only planning to sell them.
Forum Sheriff
I will not talk about benefits of identify items :D

But I want to complain about the difficulty of getting enough Wisdom scrolls. Nobody wants to sell them, even when I offer Alterations or Alchemy :(

I cannot wait for some real trading system to come up. I want to be able to buy stuff I want/need without spamming chat for days.

Last edited by Torin on Jan 9, 2012, 11:03:39 AM
As to identify (wisdom) scrolls.. when i got a portal gem.. then you can sell portal scrolls for wisdom's. I have hoards of wisdom scrolls now and never run out.
"
Torin wrote:
I will not talk about benefits of identify items :D

But I want to complain about the difficulty of getting enough Wisdom scrolls. Nobody wants to sell them, even when I offer Alterations or Alchemy :(

I cannot wait for some real trading system to come up. I want to be able to buy stuff I want/need without spamming chat for days.

I find that selling wetstones to the vendors is a good solution to this as you can get 2 full stacks of id scrolls for 1 stack of wetstones.
I wouldn't be here but I was out voted 3 to 1 by the other personalities.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info