Aegis Aurora + 1H Scepter LS Build

I am currently level 71 and loving every minute of it. My build is based upon using lightning strike as my main attacking ability, and for some more deeps but mostly defense using tempest shield with the unique shield Aegis Aurora and the unique amulet Stone of Lazhwar. WIth this set up I block 54% of attacks (going to get higher putting points into more block) and 33% of spells, and everytime I do block i regain a ton of energy shield. The way I REALLY enhance aegis aurora is to have 2 granite flasks of iron skin + molten shell to skyrocket my armor at nearly all times so your energy shield recovers all of it every single time I block. My current Lightning Strike DPS is 4218 and heavy strike 2963, my resistances are nearly all 80+ (I lost a little lightning resist changing something out). I am sitting with a base of 3913 Armor 1955 Life and 815 Energy shield.

Some problems with this build for me have been chaos damage, Elemental reflect damage, and just generally having enough dex to support high level faster attacks, LMP, and mana leech. Since i took resolute technique I take very little dex nodes so I needed to get a lot of it from gear.

The next few levels are just going to be getting my last lightning damage node near the templar tree and than grabbing more block.

Current Spec at level 71 killing all 3 bandits all difficulties and finishing all the quests
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUABLMFWw48D8wUcRoyGjgdFCNNJ-0oxSlPMgkyfjKJOlI64TwtQDZBqkNjRHJG10w1TdhPfVFgVcZWBFfiWPVZ82FSZp5nvWz2bqpwfXFNcql35Xq4fNmAVoFvgpuExIZgiPGLjIx2j0aQVZrPm6GdxJ48n8uiAKZXpmSnhKmVrKquk7T5tzG3PsAaxPbGrsmYzLfPZdDQ1XXeweFz5K3sOO0g7m_wH_LO877z3fcy98H46_rS

Current Gear
Spoiler

Flasks
Spoiler

Early game focus on getting resolute technique as quickly as possible and just generally surviving, ignore block nodes though as in this build those are mostly there for using Aegis Aurora at the end game. I can give a full write up later if there is interest. This build is incredibly fun kills fast and has some serious survivability against a WIDE range of monsters. Shoot me any questions you have and I will try to answer them. Any suggestions are great too this is my first character and a lot of my build is guesswork on what would be best.
Last edited by crazysmurf on Feb 18, 2013, 10:13:20 AM
can you uptade please?
Any reason why this build wouldn't still be viable? I really like Tempest Shield and 1-handed scepters.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info