[2.2] Voltaxic LA Ranger / Pathfinder

Sup people,

I am fairly new to makeing my own builds, but since I got tired of reflect maps I wanted to make a
Crit Voltaxic build.

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAJuNCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn11_rq748Silwan1BmK_sjDOqGkieAki-Hb5lgPqwYjkx9tbBa_exQV8EkTNj21SCaVaoz5Y-tjnaph4vVvo4oRL2yMVUvIFCP27g4rCow2otlNko19_MVd8onTsNgwfA2NDkhwUlFHW6-HdhGWjb_nVCF245-TlX_G1CMk_YbOSn2tM6KjMFv_3sEzGdfB8w_ErJeCHjt8lYcUsLjKHYNMLREPrJh-rzpYjRlVxuASg9vZXwQH3YwfAjI05Ox2EX8rOdR29zH6oJ9_gP8QnrfxbTdMx50AAA==

The idea is to go for the lightning witch nodes. But since I have no clue if it works / worth it to go for it, I want to know if it actually makes sense before wasteing a fortune on currency for respeccing and equiping.

Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Last edited by Keuleneule on Mar 30, 2016, 5:38:17 AM
Last bumped on Mar 30, 2016, 3:56:42 PM
There are some problems in the build.

1. I don't see any life / mana leech nodes. You are going to need the ones in the duelist zone to have both mana and life sustain.

2. If you play Pathfinder, you cannot ignore nodes like Primal spirit or Druidic rite. Plus, since you are in the Witch zone, you are near to the Alchemist cluster; consider it.

3. No Vaal Pact. This is bad, especially because you are not going for the life regeneration route in your build.

4. You lose a considerable amount of mobility (more attack speed = less time spent firing) and damage by not taking frenzy charge nodes.

5. Let's talk about the real gain. Going through the witch area makes you take 54% lightning damage with weapons, 145% lightning damage, 8% elemental damage and 69% crit multiplier. This comes at the cost of frenzy charge nodes, life, leech, flask duration nodes, projectile nodes in the fury bolts cluster, and jewel sockets. Not sure if worth it, maybe it's too much of a glass cannon for my personal taste.
Last edited by djnat on Mar 30, 2016, 11:37:53 AM
"
djnat wrote:
There are some problems in the build.

1. I don't see any life / mana leech nodes. You are going to need the ones in the duelist zone to have both mana and life sustain.

2. If you play Pathfinder, you cannot ignore nodes like Primal spirit or Druidic rite. Plus, since you are in the Witch zone, you are near to the Alchemist cluster; consider it.

3. No Vaal Pact. This is bad, especially because you are not going for the life regeneration route in your build.

4. You lose a considerable amount of mobility (more attack speed = less time spent firing) and damage by not taking frenzy charge nodes.

5. Let's talk about the real gain. Going through the witch area makes you take 54% lightning damage with weapons, 145% lightning damage, 8% elemental damage and 69% crit multiplier. This comes at the cost of frenzy charge nodes, life, leech, flask duration nodes, projectile nodes in the fury bolts cluster, and jewel sockets. Not sure if worth it, maybe it's too much of a glass cannon for my personal taste.

First of all thanks for your insight.

Now lets see how to fix the points.

1. I took one point in Mana leech which I THINK will be enough to sustain the mana thanks to the damage output.

2. Good point, took both Primal Spirit and Druidic Rite. The Alchemist cluster is just to far away thou.

3. Again good point, took it.

4. Thought about it but I dont know what to drop for the Frenzy charges and jewel slots.

5. I think thanks to the lightning nodes I can live without the projectile nodes. Leech would come from gear, but yeah the build still is pretty glass canon.

I cheated 2 points for the sake of makeing viable.
Here the updated version:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIAAJuNCC7tgxmOAF7Tfn11_rq748Silwan1BmK_sjDOqGkieAki-Hb5lgPqwYjkx9tbBa_exQV8EkTNj21SCaVaoz5Y-tjnaph4vVvo4oRL2yMVUvIFCP27g4rCow2otlNko19_MVd8onTsNgwfA2NDkhwUn8rUUeHdhGWOdSNv-dU45-TlX_GdvfUIyT9Sn2tM6KjMFsx-v_eGdfB8w_ErJegn4IeO3yVhxSwuModg0wtEQ-smH6vOliNGVXG4BKD29lfBAfdjB8CMjTk7HYRcbDI8CSdYlrI3Co4
How would you leech from gear? Only Atziri's promise or are you willing to use a life leech gem?
"
djnat wrote:
How would you leech from gear? Only Atziri's promise or are you willing to use a life leech gem?

Yeah only from Atziris Promise and I would run life flasks aswell.
Ok, so I just tested it in Standard, and even though the gear is not optimised I dont think it is worth it. Case closed, move on folk.
Last edited by Keuleneule on Mar 30, 2016, 3:56:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info