(2.2) "The Maze Runner" Cyclone Pathfinder: 8L! 182K DPS, superfast!

Hi folks,

I would like to present my current Pathfinder Char: "The Maze Runner"
It obtained its name because it is the perfect character for doing Labyrinth speedruns as it comes with a very high attack speed (6 APS Cyclone for 12 hits per sec!) and extreme movement speed: 109% with Onslaught Flask, even more with Quicksilver!

But first things first!

IMPORTANT Stats:
Spoiler
Level 86
5657 Life
182 K DPS tooltip with Cyclone - Conc. Effect - Added Fire - Fortify in my BoR, with Onslaught and Atziri Flask + 5 Frenzy Charges (as shown in the video)

Base Mitigation:
15% Dmg reduction, 26% Chance to Evade, 15% Chance to block (BoR)
44% Dmg reduction, 26% Chance to Evade, 55% Chance to block, 23% Chance to block spells with a 35/20 Rumi's (by far enough with the DPS)
Blind
High movespeed: You are amongst the mobs before they launch their attacks!
High attack speed: You can leap away from sources of burst damage


How to achieve the 8L

Spoiler

Base Attack:
4L Cyclone - Added Fire Damage - Conc Effect/Inc. AoE - Fortify
3L from Bringer of Rain: Melee Physical Damage - Faster Attacks - Blind
1L from Master Herbalist: Poison

on top: Bleeding from "Atziri's Disfavour" as a second Damage over Time effect!

Master Herbalist grants Poison during Flask effect. My Flasks have a really high duration from the Pathfinder and some normal passives. I rolled my main uitility flask so that I achieve 15 seconds (!!!) Onslaught duration!! Also, due to "The Retch" and flask effect nodes I obtain 109% inc. movement speed!

Due to the Focus on Onslaught and the Frenzy Charges we use, you can also choose the Raider Ascendancy! It will probably net you even more DPS, but less movement and thus clearspeed!


Scaling Damage

Spoiler
This build scales Damage with a variety of things. Using Cyclone gives a very solid DPS and lets you greatly profit from movement speed. Also, as a typical Pathfinder, the flask effectiveness and duration greatly affects the damage output and clearspeed.
Basic scaling is achieved with a good 2H Weapon like Atziri's Disfavour. It offers serious DPS, and, most importantly, attack speed. So we can scale very nicely with Frenzy Charges! Also, the Bringer of Rain adds a great deal of damage especially with fast attacks (more attacks per second means more benefit from flat added damage).
So, this is really fast, has a decent AoE (enhanced by +2 Weapon Range of Disfavour) and can make use of a movement skill for tight situations.

On top we get the bleeding degen from the Axe and the poison from the Master Herbalist, which also scale very well with fast, hard hitting physical attacks since the both stack!
This is why this build picks the Vulnerability curse and can kill bosses very smoothly without sacrificing anything.


TREE and Key Nodes explanation
Spoiler


GEAR
Spoiler


(planned in my earlier version without BoR:
)

Along with the Pathfinder Nodes, we have an 8L Cyclone that applies both Poison and Bleed. Thus, I took the Vulnerability curse (for more dmg and DOT) into a Cwdt Setup. The rest is quite interchangeable, try your own ideas!


VIDEOS
Spoiler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-h10N54QV90
A rare Springs map (78) done at L86.
NEW:
Labyrinth run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQrABoSvzqg
Residence run
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkUGaWi1hUw
Village Ruin Bossfight
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RSJmUJpIsI0

Those show clearly how fast and effective the build can be, but you have to take the right approach to mobs to be safe. Block and the good health pool will cover some mistakes and hits, but if you play careless this build is not for you. Currently at L88 and playing other builds as well but the clearspeed is enormous.


Let me know what you think!


Changelog

08.04.'16 Added more videos and reworked the thread with some important explanations.
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Last edited by Carmondai89 on Apr 8, 2016, 5:58:07 PM
Last bumped on Dec 4, 2016, 4:32:40 PM
Excellent choice of music & cool build!
Thank you sir :)
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Added more detailed explanations and vids with gameplay!

Check it out, let me know what you think! :)

Any suggestions are welcome, someone plays a similar build?
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
id like to know what bandit choices you took. Ok : oak in normal seems obvious, but did you get extra phys in cruel and/or extra frenzy in merc ?

Also, why master surgeon over nature´s boon ? since you´re RT...

finally, is a good option to pick Iron Reflexes if im NOT using BoR+Block ?

thanks in advance - and congrats for the nice build !
"-Moments of clarity are so rare, i´d better document this."
Looks really cool and I love using both the ranger start position/ascendancies and onslaught. I'm just curious, is this at all viable on a budget? That is to say no retch or disfavour. Or does it lose too much of its scaling?

Thanks!
"
Completed 17 Challengesjaysckhar wrote:
id like to know what bandit choices you took. Ok : oak in normal seems obvious, but did you get extra phys in cruel and/or extra frenzy in merc ?

Also, why master surgeon over nature´s boon ? since you´re RT...

finally, is a good option to pick Iron Reflexes if im NOT using BoR+Block ?

thanks in advance - and congrats for the nice build !


Hey there, sorry or the late reply. Going over older stuff for 2.3 now, totally forgot about this!

So, as to your questions:

1. I was using a previously leveled char and Bandits are Oak - Passive - Frenzy Charge.

2. Master Surgeon I took because it was the best of three rather bad options IMO. Nature's Boon is not bad but I was aiming for even more flask effectiveness and duration (the node before Master Surgeon) and I like the automatic bleed removal along the inc. Life recovery.

3. Iron Reflexes will cost you 4 points and I was not willing to invest those.

Thanks for the feedback!
Last edited by Fitchner on May 31, 2016, 11:21:34 AM
"
Completed 8 ChallengesPoobah wrote:
Looks really cool and I love using both the ranger start position/ascendancies and onslaught. I'm just curious, is this at all viable on a budget? That is to say no retch or disfavour. Or does it lose too much of its scaling?

Thanks!


Hey, sorry for late reply here as well!

I think you will lose quite some DPS when not using Disfavour and a bit of Damage over Time scaling.

The upside is however that 2H Axes are quite cheap usually. Also, you can still kill mobs so fast that you don't need the bleeding effect from Disfavour. But see to getting a fast one so that the attack speed scaling remains effective!

I would strongly suggest using The Retch even if it is not so cheap. This build will probably not shine without it!


2.3 Thoughts are basically switching to Raider for the +1 Frenzy charge and better Onslaught buff. This will then probably result in not relying that much on Flasks and thus not need The Retch...but testing is required!


Edit: Sorry, posting from the wrong account...but it's me :D
Last edited by Fitchner on May 31, 2016, 11:18:44 AM
So, my first thoughts (and I value them, but often they hardly resemble the final result) for the 2.3 tree are:

RT Disfavour Raider



My main issue is that this is not the same build, it has hardly DoT scaling anymore, no super-strong flasks and just goes all in on heavy DPS cyclone. So it's a bit more generic!

I saw another build lately, resembling my initial idea for this one but taking a different approach and char (Marauder, Juggernaut):

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655864


He uses Earthquake, so there is no synergy for the huge movespeed you get as a Ranger. Also, EQ requires standing still...and lastly, even if you can reach 90% displayed phys dmg reduction, the big hits hurt still. (I know all these things cause I played this myself)
Overall it's quite good of course but not what I was aiming for.

I will have to see if I end up playing this build as a Raider or Pathfinder again :)
“Losing a limb is no excuse for cowardice.” - Master Sollis, "Blood Song"
Last edited by Carmondai89 on May 31, 2016, 3:06:35 PM
"
Carmondai89 wrote:
So, my first thoughts (and I value them, but often they hardly resemble the final result) for the 2.3 tree are:

RT Disfavour Raider



My main issue is that this is not the same build, it has hardly DoT scaling anymore, no super-strong flasks and just goes all in on heavy DPS cyclone. So it's a bit more generic!

I saw another build lately, resembling my initial idea for this one but taking a different approach and char (Marauder, Juggernaut):

Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1655864


He uses Earthquake, so there is no synergy for the huge movespeed you get as a Ranger. Also, EQ requires standing still...and lastly, even if you can reach 90% displayed phys dmg reduction, the big hits hurt still. (I know all these things cause I played this myself)
Overall it's quite good of course but not what I was aiming for.

I will have to see if I end up playing this build as a Raider or Pathfinder again :)


Any updates for 2.5? Particularly interested in your thoughts regarding Raider.
Ascension | *Standard League* SC Casual/Social Guild | 100+ members, 40 stash tabs

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1821082
Last edited by maxwolfie on Dec 4, 2016, 4:33:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info